Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of May 17

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope R is doing okay in the rain (if it is still raining), Claudia.  That is funny about the dry milk.  I really don't know why my parents didn't serve milk with meals, but it may have been a cost issue.  I never tasted butter when I was home since they could only afford margarine.  Of course, I love butter.

When I was young and trying to pinch pennies, I used dry milk all the time for cooking.  But, I could not bring myself to drink it.  Even if cold, it wasn't great (in my opinion.)  Glad to hear about Tigger, and I hope all went well with the dogs last night.

Sounds like you and M have a very good real estate agent, Barbara.  Hope M likes the new house or finds one she likes.  Fingers crossed on the inspection.  I noticed in the announcement about partial pool and gym openings here, they passed on CDC recommendations for people over 65 or with health issues.  But, some people are hard-headed.

My work buddy said their church will be re-opening in early June, but I think mine will not be since there is very little chance of social distancing, etc. given the size of the church.  And, most of us are older.

You are correct -- that is where DH lived for two years.  I was shocked when I read the article.  Not only had two more people died (7 of 10), but that was all in"his" building!  I wonder if some of the people I knew were among the seven.  Also wonder about the caregivers since I really liked two or three of them.  What can I say, but just shocking.  It would have been horrible for me if he were still there, and I had no chance to visit.  Thank God I didn't have that problem.

Hope you feel better, especially after you go on your medicine.  

Nothing exciting going on here.  I finally remembered to buy some potatoes and made German potato salad for dinner -- smells wonderful.  

Hope both of you, your husbands and furbabies have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. DGD bought a small swimming pool for the puppy.  I think he is definitely in the running for the most spoiled puppy in Maryland.

Respected Contributor

Linda...that article was very sad. I think I told you my sister-in-law's mom is in assisted living in Greenwich. She is almostbling and they th think it is safer for her. Her family has not seen her for overv2 months..they talk and FaceTime  her mom is very sharp and has some funny things about her prison.

i wonder what is going to happen now that everything is opening.

by the way, pepper has a pool..lol

Esteemed Contributor

Pepper is probably in the running for most spoiled dog in Arizona.  LOL

A couple of my fellow Caregivers have relatives (Mother and husband) at the facility, but not in DH's building.  Of course, I have thought about them often, but I have not visited since I thought it would be too sad.  Now, I am wondering if some I knew pretty well were among the dead.  Not the lady in the article, but.....

Respected Contributor

I picked up pools for various dogs but there was little interest in them. I know I bought them for GN, then TT, and last Griffyn. I didn't bother with Tippy.

Today has been a rather low key day. Not much rain but cooler temperatures till mid afternoon. R called saying he was told we'd moved from yellow to green as far as reopening. Nope. That doesn't happen till the 29th and still has restrictions. Someone just looked at the headlines and didn't read further. Hopefully they're continuing to take precautions at the rendezvous. He said it rained yesterday and the tent leaked and most of his hear got wet.

I didn't get a lot done today but managed to drop off some donations. The grass definitely needs mowing again but it's still too wet. Jinx from next door snuck onto the sunporch again. Once Tippy peered through the window in the door he decided outside was the better option.

I hope the prednisone helps, Barbara and that M finds a house that's right for her.

That is very sad about the deaths in your DH's building. It would have been terrible to have a loved one there and not be able to be with them.

Just got a call from R. He checked emails and a buddy from his company died today of a heart attack. In the battle where they got a Meritorious Unit Citation, Sam was awarded the Navy Cross for going out and bringing back 3 wounded. He must have been close to 6'6" . Normally we go to the funeral since Cleveland isn't that far but in these times...