Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of March 26

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Sounds like a good idea to forget about the basement until V is there, Barbara.  That darned knee.  At least you are able to do some things, and are a big help to M.  Happy birthday to Amie.  

I went to the dentist for my regular cleaning this morning, and all was well.  I did tell him about the Prolia, and they put that on my chart.  He said it would not be a problem during regular cleanings, etc., but it is good to know in case I need a procedure done.

After many struggles with this website and others, I cleaned out the "cookies", which helped for some.  For one of the banks, I ended up putting it on my phone.  Don't know why that was necessary.  I think lots of kids are very good with technology like Syd.  I keep reminding myself that they grew up with it, so it doesn't seem so strange for them.  I don't think of myself as a technology reject, but it takes me quite a while to figure things out sometimes.  My grands are very quick and miles ahead of me.

Larry's wife was there the second time I visited DH yesterday.  Or at least, she visited him while I was there.  She doesn't usually stay for very long.  They told her he slept very little the night before, but kept wandering around.  Today, a different resident (a lady) was out of control when I arrived -- shouting and swearing at the caregivers.  Larry seemed very subdued.  DH was fine and smiling as usual.

Hope the PT helps R, Claudia.  

DD is taking oldest DGS to a counselor this afternoon.  She thinks he needs some help getting his head together.  Hope it does help him focus a little more.  This is the same therapist my SIL sees.

Guess I better get some things done now.  Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope Amie has a wonderful birthday, Barbara. It's good M has someone to bounce ideas off of. Take care of that knee. The basement can wait.

I still cannot post or sign in on the Kindle or the smart phone. I have to use the desk top.

Linda, it's good Larry was subdued today. I hope talking to the counselor is helpful for eldest grandson. I struggle with technology too. The smart phone is smarter than I am.

There's a sold sign on the house next door. Griff will not be pleased. He considerd the block his to guard. He is doing better at coming in the house when called.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. I am going to go out to get Syed's birthday invites.. As it stands as of now, it will be a weekend I am not here. 😍 I meet with my knitting group later this morning.

i think I am going to use part of my tax refund to buy a new iPad. This one is only 16 gigabytes and since it is all I use, I need more storage. I am not sure we are going to fence the yard in.....v thinks a run would keep her more contained and be much less costly. We shall see.

i went through mt clothes ..filled 2 bags . I need to bring nothing back from az except my sandals and some swimwear. 

Linda..I am constantly cleaning out cookies..otherwise my iPad does not run well. I agree with you about kids and technology. The other night my phone rang for FaceTime and it was v4  who is 3 and a half.  His dad had no idea he could do that.

It is a good thing that oldest dgs is going to counseling. It may help him find some direction. 

I admire ire thise who care for dementia patients. ((Hugs)) to you.

Claudia...I think Pepper is rather smart. Yesterday when she was out, the little boys next door were in their yard and she decided to bark at them..I went out to yell at her and as soon as she saw me she stopped. Poor griff..now he will have to get used to new neighbors.

have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  That is amazing about V4, Barbara.  I keep seeing TV stories about what little kids can do with smartphones, etc.  Sounds like a good idea to upgrade your iPad.  I think I clean out the "cookies" fairly often, but I guess I need to do it even more.  Pepper does sound like a smart little dog.  I wonder how the run would work.  Sorry you won't be around for Syd's birthday party. Great job with your de-cluttering.

Hope you get some nice neighbors, Claudia.  I guess Griff will just need to deal with the intrusion.  

DH seemed to be fine yesterday, but Larry was pretty out of it.  I think he isn't eating well, and they are giving him Ensure.  The lady who was so messed up in the morning was better in the afternoon.  Sometimes I wish I knew their background.  She seems fairly young, but clearly has many issues.

I will be going to the gym soon, and I have my last British history class today.  Then I'll be visiting DH.  I didn't realize it, but his DD and family are leaving Friday morning, and she is working today.  She may try to call via Skype while they are away, but I am not sure how often or when.  And, she will be away for two weeks. DH really enjoys their conversations, and I have been calling her at least three times a week so they can talk.  Not that he says much, but it makes him happy.

Need to get moving now.  Hope both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

V4 is amazing, Barbara. Is Pepper a digger? She might try gigging her way out of a pen. We were fortunate in replacing our fencing. The boarding kennel owner gave us the name of a person who did it for much less than the company listed in the yellow pages. He installed fencing for Seats. You might get estimates and then look at pros and cons. I would suggest a lo k on either choice. There are so many dogs stolen. Many in the south but it's moved north.

Good for you having finished going through your clothes. I keep getting called away.

Linda, I hope DH'S daughter is able to talk with him while on her trip. Anything thAt makes him happy is good. My that British history class went fast.

It has rained most of the day. Today contractors were next door working on the kitchen.  TT goes to be groomed early tomorrow. I finally remembered to call and she could fit him in tomorrow.

Adam called to tell me the order was modified and sil is to have the boys every Th-Fri-Sat. He also said sil's attorney is trying to find out where the car Whit has been using. It is in her name but sil is making the payments. Apparently she is driving a different one. She has cut us out of her life along with Adam. The door is open but it's up to her. I hope to talk to the boys tomorrow and Adam will send pictures.

Respected Contributor

I have been running errands this morning.,had to return some hair stuff for Syd that did not work, to Ulta.,I got some bath and body works mini sheer gels and lotions for favors for her bday party. Stopped by the se hers outlet store and found 2 pairs of black go walks at a very good savings.  So it was a productive morning. 

I have a ve a sleeping puppy on my lap. 

Claudia.. Spring break here occurs over many different weeks. Syd had hers the 2nd week of March and a couple of her dance friends have theirs next week. That is wonderful that dhs dd is so generous with her time.

Claudia, Pepper has started digging...we are working on it for her to stop. M wants to look at an electric fence. I like keeping her out is eight from the sidewalk and road...which is the case with her current tie out. 

I am am sorry to hear that whit has abandoned her family. That has to be so hard. (((Hugs))))

have ve a great day.

Respected Contributor

What I don't like about an electric fence is other animals can get into the yard. Griff dogs occasionally. Not as much as he used to. I think he's after moles. I have heard if you put the dog poop in the hole they will stop.

Today is cold and blustery. We got TT to the groomers and back. We had them trim around the ears hoping for more air flow. He went out back once we got home. When I went to clean up the yard I found his choke collar at the top of the back steps. A ring broke off. We use that type of collar because his skin reacted to leather or nylon collars we tried. It's darn hard to find a 30" collar. In fact I had to order one online. We keep collars with tags on the boys in case they get loose.

Waiting now for Adam to call so I can talk to the boys. Hopefully they don't get too busy with errands.

I went out a bit ago to Pellegrino's. Besides their Italian dishes they carry bakery goods from a bakery and maple syrup products. I'm sending out a birthday package to my brother and wanted to include a pint of syrup and so.e maple butter spread.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear about Whit, Claudia.  I hope she will change her attitude very soon.  Also hope you are able to talk with the boys.  Sorry about the collar breaking.  That is quite a large size -- I'm not surprised you need to order it.  Pellegrino's sounds like a really nice place.  Yum.

I was trying to figure out what outlet you were talking about, Barbara.  Then, I realized Sketchers.  I really like the pair of GoWalks I have, particularly for use around the house when I'm doing my indoor walking.

DD said that oldest DGS and his girlfriend have broken up, and he is very down about it.  DD doesn't know why, but he did mention that she wasn't supportive at all about him going to therapy.  He is going again next week, so I guess he found it useful.  

Army DGS was coming home from NJ today, and DD was sitting waiting to hear if he needed a ride.  After quite a while, he let her know that the Humvee (not sure how to spell it) broke down on the New Jersey Turnpike, and they were waiting for a tow.  What was very surprising to me is that DGS was driving.  He only has his learners permit, but apparently had training in driving those types of vehicles and some other type.  And, the passenger (his Seargeant, I think) was over 21, which means a learner's permit was okay.  I guess he will be quite ready when it is time to get his regular license, but that probably won't be until next year after he returns from oversees.  

DD told me that DGD has spent her spring break studying.  She is determined to get straight "A's".  Wow, I wish her Mom had been that dedicated to school.

DH was doing well when I visited, and I'll be going back in an hour or so.  I bought a couple of plants that I want to take care of before then.

Hope both of you have a ice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I had a bar mat purchased at the Orkney Island brewery I was going to send in the package to my brother. Now I can't find what safe place I put it in. Judging from his posted photos he enjoys checking out local breweries. It's a nice longish mat too featuring photos of there different ales.

I am very glad TT's collar didn't break at the groomer's. Yikes auto correct tried to substitute coroner.

Linda,  I'm glad DH is is well. Hope DGS makes it home with no problems. Good for DGD as long as she doesn't concentrate solely on grades. My college roommate got A's her first semester and felt she had to keep it up. She would study 30-40 hours for a test. No exaggeration.

Respected Contributor

We are off to Sydnies competition shortly . I will try to post later.