Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of March 26

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I guess Barbara is still at Syd's competition.  Hope she did well, and you are feeling okay.  When I was leaving church today, a couple was telling one of our ministers that they are leaving to go back to MN.  I know some "winter visitors" leave at the end of March.  But, quite a few stay until mid or late April.  Of course, I thought of you.

You certainly got a lot accomplished yesterday, Claudia.  Hope the dogs aren't barking as much today.  I usually see quite a few dogs on my morning walk, but others are barking from their houses.  Not sure if they are barking at me or other dogs and people.

The meeting and barbecue were good yesterday.  I was too late to feed DH dinner, but we had a nice visit.  I found out that they are raising the price of "joining" OLLI next Fall by $40.  Very long story, but I think they are mainly concerned about rent/lease and utility costs.  Still a good bargain compared to other options.

DH was doing okay yesterday and earlier today when I visited.  They decided to have two people whenever they try to change him, move him in or out of the wheelchair, etc.  

Nothing exciting going on here.  Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of March 26

Good idea for two people to help move your DH, Linda. Falling happens so quickly. I've been trying to pace myself while getting things done. I still need to dust and move one chair. TT was not cooperative. He kept climbing up on the couch as I he knew it was going to be taken away tomorrow.

If the dogs are like my boys they bark at any movement. At least Bo and Griff do.

I'm glad your meeting and barbecue went well. Too bad about the price increase but as you said it's still a bargain.

Still no rain. I'm glad as I wasn't looking forward to yard clean up and hauling the garbage cans out front if it rained.

One house down from us has been empty at least 5 years. The yard is mowed and recycling dropped off. This weekend people were moving furnishings out. There were at least 5 vehicles. Now I see a dumpster is in the driveway. Next door on our other side the house is still on the market.

Back, I hope you're not too tired from attending Sydnie's competition.

Jean, hope you've had a good week.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. Linda, thanks for starting the thread yesterday. I had no time to post over the weekend. We were at the competition for hours.

Sydnies performing lines did well..platinujms and her jazz   Tap and hip hop placed in the top 8. Her solo was amazing , technically the most difficult of the 7 girls in her category. Shel slipped doing one difficult move ( she had said the floor was very slipper) but caught herself. I think that cost her first place..she was second. I am so impressed with the self confidence she has...she had lots of facial expressions a looked at the judges. She has matured.

My back is bothering me from all of the sitting. I did get out evety hour and moved around.

Linda, I am glad they are using 2 people togetdhup. I am not surprised tat Olli fees are going up...but it is still a bargain. Hope your days is going well.

m went to get pepper from the doggyhotel .. Her vet is a dance mom so we talked to her yesterday.. She was up to 11 pounds so she has to have her food reduced., she has to be kept slim because of the knee problems he had.

Claudia..hope the doggies like the new furniture.

Respected Contributor

For some reason..I could not type anymore. 

We we are fortunate that Pepper really does not bark . 

I need to to go tackle the basement. I am going to do a little each day and see how far I get..yikes.

Enjoy your day

Esteemed Contributor

Glad Syd and her group did so well at the competition, Barbara.  Sorry about your back.  I find that even a fairly short period of inactivity can make me stiff.  Getting old is not for sissies as they say.  

Hope Pepper's weight isn't an issue -- eleven pounds doesn't exactly sound heavy, but I guess you need to watch it.  Glad she isn't a barker.  

Good luck with the basement.  I some refrigerator cleaning yesterday, and I need to keep that up.  Also need to go through some of the closets again.

Hope all is well there, Claudia.  I guess the dogs must have a feeling something is up with the furniture.  They do seem to be sensitive about things like that.  

It is nice and sunny here, and it should make it to 80 degrees.  Cooler weather is predicted for tomorrow, but still should make it to the 70's.  

I canceled the ear doctor appointment since the ear infection is gone, thank goodness.  I think my regular yearly visit isn't until the Fall.

The bookclub book for April -- "The Underground Railroad" is very disturbing to say the least.  I'm going to suggest we get something lighter and more cheerful for out next book.  Which reminds me that the OLLI leader who gave the Histories of the Middle East class said he might give a class on the Native American genocide.  It seemed to be a popular idea with the class, and I might be interested.  But, I'll need to see how I feel when it is offered (perhaps next Fall).  There is a June session which will feature another strong bones class that I might take. 

According to Fitbit, I have walked 2,000 miles since I got my Blaze last July.  No wonder my feet and legs have been rebelling.  LOL

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, Sydnie certainly did very well. How talented she is. Too bad about your back. I hope it's better. Worth it though to see her dance. Poor Pepper having to diet. Good thing she's so small. Nothing is safe if TT or Griff are hungry.

I'm glad your ear infection is gone, Linda. Wow- 2,000 miles. I'm in agreement with you on the book club selection.

I think it was in the 50's today. The furniture arrived shortly before 11. Afterwards I was busy putting the Sure-Fit covers/throws on them. The dogs of course had to examine each piece but have not ventured up on the loveseat yet. At some point they probably will but I'm not encouraging it.

Last night R and I moved the power recliner into the back room and moved the recliner that was there out to the living room so it and the old love seat could be hauled away.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. My replaced knee decided to really start hurting midway through grocery shopping...I managed to hobble through and get things home. M was on a break so she could help me...I am now icing it..pepper is laying on part of the ice bag..I usually have trouble with it this time of year..it is caused by the ra.

So I may not get anything done in the basement today.  😰😍

Linda those are a lot of miles since July. No wonder your feet and legs are rebelling...would you think of cutting back a little. One of my friends in az has been walking about 5 or more miles am day after he husband died a few years ago.  Her dr gold her to do no more that 10 a week because she has developed hip problems from the repetition.  Hope your book club chooses a lighter read next time.

i cancelled our hotel for the weekend. Sydnie does not have to dance really early either day.

Claudia, wonde how long before the fogs make thir way on the love seat. Pepper likes laps but usually lays in her bed, kennel or giraffe pillow. 

She has Lyme disease so is on antibiotics... She has never shown any symptoms. She will be on a pill to prevent tick bites.

i hope you both have a great pay.  It will be 60 here.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Sorry about your knee, Barbara.  Good that M could help you.  Too bad about Pepper and Lyme Disease. 

I may try to cut back my walking a little, but 10 miles or less a week would be very hard for me.  I have been walking at least 30 minutes a day for at least 30 years.  One of my friends could not walk for a while, but was able to resume after knee or hip replacement (can't remember which one).

Hope all is well with you and yours, Claudia.  I bet the dogs have already been on the new furniture, correct?

The senior lunch program went well, and I'll be leaving for the gym soon.  Then I'll visit DH.  He was doing pretty well yesterday, but Larry was really out of it.  He keeps thinking I am his wife, and wants me to pay attention to him rather than DH.  Hope he got the message, but I sort of doubt it.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I tried off and on all day to post but the system wouldn't let me. Finally!

Barbara, Bo had Lyme Disease a year or so ago and like Pepper had no symptoms. It took 2 rounds of the medicine before he was Lyme Disease free. Sorry about the knee. Of course it would happen in the midst of grocery shopping. I'm glad M was able to help once you got home. Good that Sydnie doesn't have to be there early this weekend. 

Linda, I think you're right. Larry won't "get the message" for long. Yes the dogs have been on the loveseat. They waited though till this morning.

I just started a 2nd wash and refilled R's weekly pill box. He's at his last Tuesday night bowling. He finally has been scheduled for pt for his left arm. He'll have the same therapist he had for his back.

Respected Contributor

Good morning....just got back from Costco...needed some basics like t pAper.my knee is very weird so I am babying it. The basement is going to have to wait until   I get back for the summer. V said not to worry about it.

so I am cleaning out my clothes again..I am donating things that I have not worn for a year. I am pretty much done with winter things...now I need to do spring summer. 

Today ay is Amies birthday. She was 6 weeks premature after I had Ben hospitalized for a month and weighed just index 5 pounds. She was tiny. 

I am am trying to help m with her retirement investments.  It is hard for her to get everything done and she has no one to Boyce ideas off. 

Syd is is quite good at technology. She got ms wireless headphones and printer fax set up and reset our wireless printer to our updated Internet. I was pretty impressed.

Lind I walked 2 to 4 miles most days for 25 years so I understand what you are saying. Unfortunately, those days are over for me. I wonder how Larry will be today. It is wonderful that dh is do sweet.

Claudia..Pepper had no symptoms either. She is sleeping more than usual.. Hope the pt helps rs arm.

Have a good day.