Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of March 19

Good morning...I am posting early because it is competition weekend. We decided to drive separately...that way I can come and go as I please. 

Linda, I was sorry to hear about dh falling again. May be they need to have a portable toilet closer to him...I am glad he did not get hurt. Good that you had your shot...better that than broken bones. Hope dgs finds the right school...and attending one with the major he wants is important.

ClaudIA..poor R...glad you told him about the lid on the crockpot. Yikes.

it is very quiet here without the puppy.

have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope Syd's competition goes well, Barbara.  Probably a good idea to drive separately.

The hoyer lift can be used for getting him on the toilet, but hopefully they can continue to get DH to the toilet from the wheelchair.  Not being able to stand for more than a few seconds makes things quite difficult. Not sure that having a closer toilet would help, but who knows.  He seemed more confused than normal, but okay when I visited the second time.  I'll be visiting this morning, and then I have an OLLI meeting and barbecue.  I'll probably visit later, but he will most likely be finished with dinner.

Poor R, Claudia.  Good think you were there to help him out.  It isn't really funny, but some of the stories the caregivers share about their DH's dressing issues can be humorous.  One has written dressing instructions to her husband on a white board (like take off your night shirt, put it with the dirty clothes, put on your underwear, etc.  She said he was putting his clean clothes on top of his dirty ones before she came up with this solution.  Hope you are getting all your errands done today and R's potatoes are good.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I've spent the day doing various things around the house including washing the recliner cover since R's away. I also cleaned the half bath wall by the sink. When he was washing up a few days ago he splashed dirt from his hands all over it. He kept saying he'd clean it but didn't get around to it. I also carried the replacement table for his table saw to the garage.

Griff and Bo spent much of the day barking because the could hear people out front. No starts, Griff follows and they're off. It may be a long summer.

I hope all went well with Sydnie today and the sitting wasn't difficult for you, Barbara. Good planning to drive separately.

Hope you enjoyed the barbecue, Linda and DH is doing okay today.

The rain held off but temperatures are cooler.