Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of June 30

Good Evening!  Sorry you were not feeling your strongest today, Barbara.  Hope you had a chance to relax a little.  Glad your son has been so much help around the house.  I'm sure it makes him feel good to be able to help you and V.  I'm not surprised about the juice boxes, but sorry it resulted in a second trip to the store.  No fireworks around here as far as I know.   Probably because many of my neighbors are older people who don't stay up late themselves. And, quite a few have gone elsewhere for the summer.  I heard that the public fireworks showing in the next town were nice, if short.  Sorry the fireworks kept you up at night.

I can tell that both of you can tolerate cold much better than I can, and I can handle the heat better.  I remember needing a sweater in my MIL's apartment in the summer because she kept it so cold in there.  In the winter, it was way too hot.  Of course, she didn't have to pay for utilities.  But, I notice I m more sensitive to heat and cold now that I'm older.  We didn't have AC at home when I was growing up, and my ex and I lived in our first apartment plus our first house without AC for many years.  I'm extremely spoiled these days, but it is very hot here.  

Glad you were able to get to the store before the rain, Claudia.  Nice of you to visit your friend's Mom.  I hope she enjoys the visit.  I have not heard from my hospice patient's son, so I guess I won't be visiting her tomorrow.  He did say he wasn't sure about the next two weeks.  But, I may ask the hospice coordinator to check if he will want me to visit in the future.   I can also work in the office, but it isn't quite as fulfilling.

As you may have read on the other thread, I went to new exercise classes this morning -- one regular aerobic type and the other chair yoga.  One of the ladies I know from strong bones participates in these classes, plus I knew the teacher from OLLI. Another Linda (who goes to the senior lunch program) came for the yoga class, and I guess she might attend again.

After that class, I went to the grocery store, and I went swimming later in the day.  It was nice -- a bit cloudy, which helped.  It rained very briefly after I got home.

Hope both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. The yoga teacher told us that you favor one nostril over the other -- just a natural sort of thing.  I had never heard that before, but I found it to be true.  Anyway, she said that changes every 90 minutes, and she speculated that is why we wake up at night and turn to the other side (assuming you are a side sleeper).  Very interesting to me, assuming it is true.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon, v3 and the kids left after lunch. My cleaning lady just finished up so everything is picked up and put away. I think we will go out for supper since my cooling ideas are done..lol.

Sydnie got pretty annoyed with the kids yesterday,mespecially Vyrn, who can be difficult.sheendec up punching him so m had to get after her and she was not happy. I sat here and tried not to laugh.

Linda..interesting about the nasal breathing. I had never heard that from any of my voice teachings because a lot of time is sent on breathing. Are you going to continue with the yoga...I did a lot of years ago when my kids were little. I hope your your hospice patient works out for you. I know you enjoy that.

Claudia..we had fireworks again last night. Arghhhhh. Hope your day is going well. 

Have a good rest of the day. My joints are still giving me fits. 

🎈🎈

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon!  It is a very quiet day here.  I'm doing laundry and I'll do my weekly financial review later.  I might or might not go for a swim today.

It is not quite as hot here today -- highs predicted in the upper 90's rather than 100 plus.  We are having some cloudiness as well.  Still plenty hot.  I do not envy those people affected by the earthquake in CA.  

Hope both of you are feeling okay today and so are your families and furbabies.  

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I guess we were posting about the same time, Barbara.  Sorry about your joints.  Kids will be kids, I suppose.  I can understand Syd being annoyed, but......  Good idea to go out for dinner.  I don't think yoga will ever be my "go to" exercise like walking, etc., but I think I'll try going to the Friday "chair yoga" class when I am free.  When OLLI classes are back on, I may sign up for the regular yoga class if it is convenient.  I'm not sure I believe everything the yoga teacher says, but I do find it interesting.  No hospice visit today.  I am a little concerned that the son isn't interested in having me visit, but maybe they are out-of-town or something.  

Esteemed Contributor

So, I just googled it, and apparently there is scientific evidence of "nasal cycles" in as much as 80% of the population.  And, the 90 minute time is often mentioned.  Perhaps it doesn't affect your speaking or singing, Barbara.  I think it is not noticeable.

Respected Contributor

That's interesting about the nasal breathing, Linda. It has been a bit humid day. Like you I feel bad for those affected by the earthquake.

We have another flash flood warning. This one is until midnight. There was also one yesterday. Around the county and town there have been numerous power outages. Luckily our power has stayed on.

Between rainstorms I did make it to the nursing home. Luckily it is just a half mile away. I only visited briefly because Dot tires easily.

R snuck out, climbed a ladder, and fixed the downspout while I was upstairs this morning. I was not very pleased with him.

I hope the hospice visits continue, Linda. I know you find it fulfilling. Office work though needed is ... just office work.

Dinner out sounds relaxing, Barbara. Oh my. Sydnie must have been very upset.

Tippy's latest stunt is tipping her food dish and then eating. Tippy may have been a poor choice of a shortened name.