Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of June 28

Happy 4th of July. It is quite subdued this year..but there are lots of fireworks in the neighborhood.

Sydnie touched something in the yard while she was out with Pepper. Her hand quickly swelled up so m had to give her Benadryl. She seems fine now.

i am going to attempt more packing today..I think I told you that the plan is to get the rest of the house packed..the movers are being paid by the hour.

Linda, sorry to hear about your friend. That can be a very tough road.i will say a prayer for her. It sounds as if you are doing well with your cholesterol reduction. I do hope you can travel next year. I told v that when we fly , we are going 1st class.

Claudia...hope you have a nice day. Like I said it is a kind of non event day.

Enjoy.🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and Happy Independence Day!  Really quiet here, and I don't think there will be any fireworks in our neighborhood.

Hope it is a little cooler there today, Claudia.  If not, hope you can stay cool indoors.  Also hope R and your furbabies are okay.

Good idea to get as much packing done as possible to save on the movers, Barbara.  Glad Syd is doing better after Benadryl  I am certainly working on this reducing cholesterol diet.  The only good thing (other than if it works) is that it gives me something else to research.  

Quite hot here today, so I'm glad to have AC.  I e-mailed my friend (didn't have her e-mail until now), and she wrote back quickly.  Apparently, she is living in "affordable housing" in Northern VA, and she said most of her neighbors don't wear masks or observe social distancing.  So, she is keeping indoors as much as possible.  Her name is Tina by the way. 

I paid my OLLI membership which entitled me to attempt to register for some Zoom classes starting later this month.  You pick classes you would like to take, and they let you know if you get the class later.  Since I only picked one -- about Anglo Saxon history, I am pretty sure that I will make the cut.  It is funny, but I really didn't take English history in college (French, Russian, etc.) despite being a history major.  But, with OLLI, I have taken quite a few English history classes.  

There were a few other classes of interest, but I wasn't sure about the times/conflicts with other activities.

I received my Linea top as well, Claudia.  Hope I have a good reason to wear it soon.  I am very mad at Wayfair since the rug pad is still in Oklahoma with no sign of progress.  The bad part is that I could have ordered a similar rug pad from Amazon for the same or lower price and Prime delivery.  I didn't find a rug I liked on Amazon, so that is why I used Wayfair.  Not again even if they rush things.  I may ask if they could refund my money.

Hope both of you and your families have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I have never flown First Class, Barbara.  Maybe someday.

Respected Contributor

I would be very unhappy with Wayfair too, Linda. Your OLLI class sounds interesting. It's good you were able to make contact with Tina and she answere quickly.

The first time I flew it was first class. 1968 and I was 16. I saved up my babysitting money and flew to Ft. Lauderdale to visit a friend and her family who had moved to Boca Raton. Then I took the bus up to near Titusville, FL and visited my aunt and uncle. How I rated first class I don't know. I didn't fly again until our first tour in 2004.

94° today. Late morning we mowed the back yard. R did some until his hip gave him trouble. I finished up. Unfortunately there are 2 sets of fireworks tonight near town. One starts at 9. The other starts at 10. I had the dogs out recently and they won't go out again until near 11.

Tip  is a drama queen. When she wants something her back is a near scream. 3:30 this morning I ended up going downstairs after hearing several screeches. I'm not sure if she had to go out or just wanted Griff to move so she could go from the living room to the rest of the downstairs. He settled across the doorway to the dining room which is 4' wide.  R was sound asleep so I let them out briefly before stumbling back to bed. It had better not happen tonight.

Barbara, I'm glad the Benadryl helped Sydnie. I saw a FB picture my brother posted of his hand 10 days after coming into contact with poison sumac in his yard. Not a pretty sight.

The more you and family pack the less you'll need to pay the movers. I cleaned out a desk drawer today. Shredded pay stubs from 04 and found some photos I'd forgotten about.

Have a good evening.