Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of July 16

Summer is whizzing by...but it always does. Nothing big planned for today..syd is having a friend over to practice dance moves since tryouts are this week. 

It it is somewhat cooler today but I am going to leave on the air because tomorrow will be hotter with more humidity. 

I will I'll be back later.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of July 16

Good Morning/Afternoon!  We had some more rain yesterday evening, and it was relatively cool and humid on my walk this morning.  But, now it is sunny and warm/hot.  We may have rain again this evening.  More rain is needed, so that is fine.  Summer does seem to be going quickly, Barbara.  But, that seems true for the whole year.  Yikes!  Hope Syd has a good time with her friend.

Nothing exciting going on here.  DH was doing okay yesterday, and church was okay this morning.  Fortunately, I like the new pastor and associate pastor.  Only problem is that he is a bit long-winded.  Glad I'm not trying to visit DH for lunch these days.  The former main caregiver was there yesterday afternoon (she works nights and weekends now), and things went much better with the residents.  What a relief.  

Hope things are going okay there, Claudia, and both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's hot here today and I don't feel like doing anything. I must however. I went out to find shorts for R. He's been wearing the elastic waist workout shorts. We just found his regular shorts and khaki pants are too tight. I found 2 pairs of shorts at Wal-Mart and a pair of khaki pants at Land's End. Those will be taken to Norfolk along with his suit. Fingers crossed the suit pants fit.I

Glad you like the  new pastor and the associate pastor, Linda. Also glad DH was ok and the former caregiver had things well in hand.

Time does seem to speed up, Barbara.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I have been busy doing things like picking...

Good morning...I have been busy doing things like picking up, rearranging, etc. my cleaning lady just arrived. We are back to hot and humid weather. 

By by the way, I really like the Nest thermostat..it remembers settings and tracks how much the ac or heating runs. Plus, I can control it from my devices.

i ordered 3 pairs of the Lisa Rinner pants...hers fit me very well and my I'm pants are getting worn out. Plus, they are perfect for Az winter weather. 

I continue to feel good..I should have gotten the prescription earlier. My infusion is on Weds.

i hope you both have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad you are feeling good and liking that new thermostat, Barbara.  Sounds very interesting.  Hope you like the pants when they arrive.  I have never purchased any of her things, but they do look nice.  No need for more pants at this point.  Mine just don't seem to wear out -- probably have too many.  Hope your infusion goes well, Barbara.

Sorry about your weather, Claudia.  I have found Wal-Mart is a good source for shorts and pants for DH.  I get him the pull-on (elastic waist) type.  Waiting for the long pants to arrive so I can get him at least one more pair.  They need to change him sometimes due to accidents.

I went to "strong bones" class this morning, and I'm going to a lunch with two other ladies from the bookclub at the house of one of them.  We will not be discussing books this time, just chatting.

We had some more rain yesterday, and it is fairly humid today.  However, it may only make it to 89 or 90 degrees.  When it is humid, that feels hot to me.  DH was doing okay yesterday, but he was a bit subdued.  The other resident was back to her crazy and nasty behavior.  Hope she is better today.

DD is blaming Chinese food for her stomach pains yesterday and last night.  She does not have a gallbladder, and thinks there was probably something in the food that triggered her problem.  So, she  is eating a bland diet for a while and taking it easy.  DGS' party went well except she and my SIL thought there was way too much alcohol.  They warned DGS not to have so much in the future or find a different place for the party.

Hope both of you have a nice day, and R is doing okay, Claudia.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Mid 80's here too. TT and Griff have been separated a couple times. TT does not believe in going around and will bark at Griff if he feels he's in the way. Finally Griff gets fed up and they get into it.

The new thermostat sounds interesting, Barbara. We have a programmable the electric company installed.

I hope you enjoyed lunch, Linda and am glad DD feels better. Too bad there was more alcohol at the party than expected.

Super Contributor

Read often seldom post...but I really like your posts about your dogs! I have 4 100+ pound dogs that live with us. 3 males and one cranky bitch so I really can relate to your posts!! Living with a pack does have it's moments!

Respected Contributor

A warm, muggy day here..but the ac is humming along so the house is very comfortable.

Syd and I did a library and grocery store run. Discovered that she had chose a teen fiction book that was a little mature for her, I usually skim her choices but did not do it with that one. Yikes

nothing planned for the day...I still feel good but do not want to push my luck.

i am knittinga scarf in gradient shades of blue.. will post a pic when I am done.

I have ordered a bark box subscription for Pepper...the treats are healthy and toys, so far indestructible. They always send a small meat stick so she had part of it yesterday. I put the rest , in the package on top of her kennel. Later she was scrounging around her kennel and appeared with the rest of it in her mouth.shehsd worked the blanket covering on top to where she could snag the treat. Lol

linda..hope you had a nice lunch yesterday.

claudia..is your day going ok???

need to find some lunch..always a challenge.  

Post sit any time Chessielady 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Sounds like a wise idea not to push it today, Barbara.  I love those types of scarves (particularly blue ones), so I'll be waiting to see yours when it is completed.  Interesting about Syd's book selection.  Sometimes it is hard to gauge when a kid is "ready", but I think you know her very well and are no doubt correct.  Hope you found something good for lunch.  I had the senior lunch program today, and my buddy and I had salads after everyone else was finished..  

Welcome Chessielady.  You must be very busy with those big dogs.

Hope you and R are doing okay today, Claudia.

Lunch yesterday was nice, and DH was doing okay when I visited later.  They had a kid's carnival which was in the area of the senior lunch program today before lunch l (they have a kid daycare as well as the adult day care and the senior lunch program on the campus), The kids were cute, but very full of energy.  The director brought all four of her kids -- the oldest in college and the youngest turns one next month.  And, the deputy director's daughter and grandson were there.  I think the kids enjoyed themselves. Some of the seniors complained about the noise, but....

I'll be headed to the gym soon, and then to visit DH.  There was rain north of here yesterday, but not here.  They are predicting rain and cooler than normal temperatures (80's and 90's) for the next week.  It is amazing how sensitive I have become to humidity.  

DD said she was feeling better, and Army DGS had an interview for a work-study job at the college.  Fingers crossed he gets that since he isn't all that crazy about his job at the surplus store.  I just found out that  the store lacks AC -- yikes.  I thought all stores and restaurants in the area had AC for many years.  Back in the "old days" they did not, but that was a long time ago when I was young.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'll be waiting to see the scarf too, Barbara.

Chessielady, what breed are your large dogs? TT aka Titan the Terrible is a Newfoundland and Griffyn is a Gt. Pyrenees. Lots of fur flying around here.

TT gets groomed early tomorrow. I'm not sure whether to load him up in the fenced back yard or to use the 20' lead and take him to the car. R has usually handled him in the past but can't now. At 200 lbs. sometimes where he should go and where he goes are two different things.

Griff notices every thing in the neighborhood. The new neighbor's next door have new lawn furniture and a picnic table and Griff thinks it's a terrible threat to our security. TT doesn't care.

I helped R work on the back room so we could move his latest trunk purchase back there. He plans to store his muzzleloader equipment and rendezvous clothes in them.

Fingers crossed for Army dgs, Linda. Working in no a/c would be difficult. Glad you enjoyed lunch yesterday and DH was ok. Growing up we had no w/o but I sure wouldn't want to be without it now.