Super Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of July 16

Hope everyone is keeping cool! It is 99 right now with a heat index of 110. The dew point is 78! HOT and HUMID! I get up early (4:00 am) and start running the pups at 5:00 am. After about 10:30 it is just too awful to be very active outside. @sydsgma1... Schnauzers are so smart. I like to read about the activities that Pepper gets busy with! She must be lots of fun! @LindA Latte...You have hot temps out your way but hopefully the humidity isn't so bad. But hot is hot! I hope that your DH continues to do well. Must take a shower and get my iced tea. Have a nice evening everyone.
Respected Contributor

Chessielady, I'm speechless too at the ad for puppies. It's hot and humid here too. No idea what the heat index is. Certainly it's not as hot as where you are. I started mowing at 10. I got both front and back yards mowed and it was miserable work. This afternoon I I headed to Tractor Supply for more cat food, went from there to Wal-Mart for a few things and then picked up D's raw milk along with dog food. Barbara, there are times I wish I could shrink our two boys down to small dog size. Of course my idea of small and yours are probably totally different. I hope the headache is better. R's pants arrived today. He hasn't tried them on yet. Ever since Griff was groomed last week he has been shedding like mad. TT not so much. I'm just too tired to wrestle with the vacuum tonight. I remember someone telling me years ago that they dressed in their basement and went out the side door to avoid newfie fur. Lol. We finally got hold of a company that cleans gutters and they will look at them next week plus give an estimate for gutter guards and repairing the leaking gutter. The money will come out of the funds set aside for the kitchen. As usually it's Plan B. Linda, I'm glad you're pleased with your Kipling bag. Also glad you got some answers. I hope DH continues to do well. I spoke with my neighbor across the street. She and her husband helped when we had to transport No to the emergency vet. Her husband has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Both of them are our age. A tough situation as she has had cancer and heart problems. It would be nice if DH's son was able to visit. TT has been working at Griff who is lying near the couch. TT doesn't want on the couch but he doesn't want Griff blocking access. We haven't heard about the ct scan being scheduled so will probably have to call the doctor 's office again.
Respected Contributor

Honest, I did do paragraphs.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope your headache is gone, Barbara.  That is such a miserable side effect from your infusions.  I am not much on fried chicken in any form.  I used to make an Italian version of battered and fried chicken pieces, that was delicious.  But, I have not made that for years, and I have never eaten Chicken McNuggets, etc.  I did not grow up with fried chicken, and DD got sick from it when she was young (neighbor prepared it.)  I know my grands eat those frozen pieces and really enjoy them.  Go figure.

Hope your weather is a little better today, Chessielady, and you are having a nice day.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor's husband, Claudia.  Alzheimer's is such a horrible disease.  Interesting about the shedding.  I remember a rumor at work that the wife of one of the vets knitted things with dog hair that had been shed.  Not sure that was true, but it made for an interesting story.  Hope R is doing okay, and he hears back about the scan.  Also hope the gutter cleaning and estimate for gutter guards is not too expensive.  DD got new gutters as part of her new roof.  

My caregivers meeting was good, and DH was doing okay.  As I mentioned on the other thread, the hospice caregiver will start seeing him every day (Monday - Friday) rather than three times a week. A lady with his hospice in his building is dying, and that makes me sad.

I did not sleep well last night, and I'm moving pretty slowly today.  I did take a nice walk this morning, and it was relatively cool and nice.  Again today, they are predicting temperatures in the 90's and chance of showers.  We did not have any showers yesterday.

Army DGS is off at the beach with some of his buddies this weekend.  Fingers crossed they have fun and don't get into any trouble.  

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

The morning slipped by...I am feeling much better..think this time that the infusion will work. I was going to clean the basement but then remembered that the bathroom is being redone so no point in doing anything until that is completed. 

So, today can be a not do too much day. Think I will get my scarf finished . I am going to make syd a cute oversized poncho with big butyons on the side so I may start that. 

I have ave stuffed peppers in the crockpot for supper...a favorite of everyone here. 

Pepper grabbed Sydnies comb and took off..she likes to play "keep away"".., such a busy puppy.

Claudia hope your heat lets up. I think it is going to be pretty hot and humid on our vacation...but we are on the ocean, so that should help. I am so glad that Pepper does not shed. 

Chessielady..it sounds very miserable where you are at..I do not do well with humidity.

Linda..good that the hospice nurse will see Dh more often. I do not think it would be possible to knit with dog hair..yuk. Hope you sleep better tonight..I have not been waking up until after 7 , which is unusual for me.

the Lisa Rinner pants are keepers..perfect weight for late fall and winter in Az. 

Have a a good day.

Respected Contributor

Yes it is possible to knit with dog hair - at least the long hair breeds. It's been a topic in the Gt. Pyrenees f2f  board. Some save the fur and it's washed and sent off if they don't knit to be made into scarves or shawls or capes.

Years ago I knew someone who had a Samoyed that knit from their fur.

I'm so glad this infusion seems to be working, Barbara.

I need to load up the old printer, broken dvd player and a few other things for the recycle collection tomorrow. I did not go to the last one as it was the day after R took his tumble down the stairs. We have the ct appointment finally. Initially they said it would be the 7th. I "reminded"them we have the doctor appointment on 8/2 as we fly to Norfolk on the 3rd. Now we have the ct set for the 25th of this month.

Yesterday I needed to get Griff in. He was rollIng around the grass. I nudged him just as R called out the back door. Next thing I knew all 4 Gt. Pyrenees legs were kicking at me trying to get up. That's one strong dog. There I was enrolling my arms trying to keep my balance and hoping I didn't end up in a heap on the ground.

Linda, I hope DGS enjoys his weekend and stays out of trouble. No news is good news.

Glad the pants are keepers, Barbara. I do well with the Lines pebble crepe, gauze crepe, and the ankle pants. Dog hair doesn't cling.

It looks like we'll have a few days of lower temperatures (70's). Today is not though. Chessielady, I hope you get a break in your weather.

Respected Contributor

I ran to the grocery store...I just cannot plan meals more than 3 to 4 days ahead...I want to do a little cleaning...I always do the floors in the kitchen, dining and family room i between when my cleaning lady comes. V and syd are getting the rest of the wall paper off in the downstairs bathroom. He used too much glue so it is hard to get off. 

Claudia...I could not envision how one could knit with dog hair because wool has to be carded and then spin into long fibers...maybe the fur is somehow spun. I will have to research that.

enjoy your cooler temps..we should have nicer weather for the next few days.

Linda..hope dgs has a good time and behaves himself. Enjoy your visit with Dh. I know that no one can force meds unless it is court ordered. I just read The Snow Child...nice read.

have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon. Glad you are feeling well, Barbara.  Good luck with your cleaning.  I have never been good with planning a whole week or more of meals.  My solution has beer to have lots of food on hand which can be wasteful.  I'm trying to improve.  Hope V and Syd get the wallpaper down.  

I am visiting DH now, and so far so good.  The food that they are cooking smells great __ meatloaf and sweet potatoes.  He seems to be okay.

Glad you got that appointment for R, Claudia.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

If there's a next time with the wallpaper I bet V uses less glue, Barbara. I tend to buy food the way Linda does. R wants me to plan 3 or 4 days though.

I took the electronic recycling down to the collection point this morning. The line wasn't roo long. There's another in the fall. I'll plan on taking the wine cooler then. I knew at 77 pounds I couldn't get it in the suv. We did get it as far as the back porch. 

It has rained off and on but not heavy. I know storms were forecast. Maybe we'll get them later tonight. It is a bit cooler.

The boys are sleeping in the living room. Earlier TT met me at the back door with D's empty container of Greek salad from Wegmans. I think he planned to carry it out to show Griff he had something Griff didn't have.