Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of July 14

Good Morning!  It is another hot day here as usual.  Parts of the area got heavy rain yesterday evening, but I don't think we got a drop despite very threatening skies.  

It should be a very quiet day again today, but I will go to church and the gym.   There is a vague possibility that I'll stop by the grocery store later this afternoon to pick up a couple of "needs"..

I have plenty of cleaning to do -- got a start on it yesterday, but much more to go.  

Hope things are going okay there, Claudia.  R is lucky to have you help keep him up-to-date with all his medical appointments, medicines, etc.  Of course, so are your furbabies.  Please try to take care of yourself as well.

Also hope you are feeling okay today, Barbara.  I don't know how V can handle wearing those compression hose all the time.  I guess I could get used to mine, but so far not true -- difficult to get off and on for sure..

It was not too bad on my walk this morning, but I was sweaty by the time I got home.  Yuck.

Have a nice Sunday!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of July 14

Thanks for starting the thread, Linda. I am paying for all that I did yesterday..so today I am trying to chill today.

V has cellulitis again..I have been trying to get him to go to urgent care but he is not cooperating.,yikes..he can be so stubborn at times. I really hate to see him end up in the hospital again.All I can say is yikes. 🤬🤬

Respected Contributor

Hit post instead of return..omg. 

V has worn those Sox for years, Linda..he said they can get hot but he does not have a choice. His are only knee high.

Claudia...you are a good personntokerpmtrackof all of rs stuff. Mimi’s going to get Pepper groomed next week..she is pretty warm with her curly, long hair.

Enjoy your day...😍😍

Esteemed Contributor

Hope V will listen to you and go to urgent care, Barbara.  Sorry you are hurting from what you did yesterday.  I had some of those knee high compression socks for use on the plane, and they were a lot easier on me than these are.  Perhaps the ones I have are too small or something.  My legs are hurting today.

Respected Contributor

Linda..it sounds as if your Sox might be too small..I think the over the knee go by lower thigh measurement, not calf measurement. 

V spdid go to urgent care..he just likes to do things on his time frame, which is not mine..lol

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad V finally went to urgent care. Men can be very stubborn. Take it easy and feel better.

I stopped Tippy's food at 6pm. She was very disgruntled at having no treat when she came in from outside. I drop her at 8:30 at the veterinary clinic for her spay. Griffyn goes to the groomer Thursday.

it was another hot day. Earlier I spoke with my neighbor across the street. Her son was mowing the yard. Her husband is in a nursing home about 45 minutes away with Alzheimer's. Meanwhile her bladder cancer is reoccurring. Fortunately her son and daughter live in the area and can help out.

Linda, I've used compression hose for flights and I've never found them comfortable but if your legs are now hurting they may be too small.

We got a call this evening from the contractor replacing the door to R's upstairs workroom. He'll come Saturday morning. It's been a month since the door was ordered. Fingers crossed there will be no problem with the installation. You never can tell with these 100 year old homes.

Tippy and Griff started pushing each other earlier, bumped the kitchen table and the bad leg collapsed. R wasn't about to give up on his vintage table though and got the leg back in place, reinforcing the bracket. How long it will hold I don't know.

Respected Contributor

It is like a steam bath outside..currently 92 with high humidity. Reminds me of the weather in DC in August, Linda.

My joints are really letting me know they are present. I have been doing laundry very slowly....m is very busy today with work.

V slept most of the morning..but seems perkier now. He has been running a pretty good fever.,

no Amazon purchases..no needs and I am avoiding the wants. I would love a Roomba vacuum,,my dil,just got one and she really likes it. They have a 3 story house. But I am not doing any extra buying now.

Claudia..hope Tippy did well with her spaying..Pepper had no problems. I did not realize your home was 100 years old.

Linda..enjoy your outing today. Did you ever get your screen doors fixed..think I missed that.

Stay cool.😓😓

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Hope things go well with Tippy, Claudia.  Also hope all is well with R and the rest of your furbabies and you, of course.  DD said they are expecting hot (90 degrees) and humid temperatures all week.  Hope the weather there isn't too bad.

Glad V went to the doctor and hope the medicine kicks in soon, Barbara.  My SIL had to go to Urgent Care yesterday -- he had two ear infections, etc.  Hopefully, his antibiotic will help.

Sorry you are dealing with that weather, and that it makes things more difficult for you. 

I have not heard a word about the screen doors.  Part of me wants to call the handyman to see if he has found a supplier, but I know that he would call if he had.  A bit frustrating, but I guess it is not surprising.  If I don't hear anything by the end of the month, I will call him.  Perhaps a different handyman or door company would be a better choice.  I like him because I don't think he will rip me off or anything, but I really would like to have two functioning screen doors.

We have excessive heat warnings for the next couple of days -- I guess because it is a bit humid in addition to the heat.  We finally had a little rain yesterday evening, but not much.  

Hoping that the performance will be fun this afternoon.   

Good idea to avoid unnecessary purchases.  I have been pretty constrained, at least so far, with my Prime orders.  Since I have had some unexpected expenses lately, I really need to exercise restraint.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It was hot again today though not as hot as either of your areas. Tip did fine. She is 70 pounds btw at 7 1/2 months. I pick her up tomorrow. When I dropped her off I asked what I could give her to help keep her quiet. They had said to crate her much of the time and give her something to keep her busy. Now Tip has 2 speeds. Sleep and full speed ahead. When I called to check on her they had her in the yard because she didn't like the kennel and said they'd send her home with a sedative tomorrow. Quite a change of opinion.

R wanted me to get the enamel top table from the sunporch. I figured he had a plan of where to put his vintage Formica "project". Nope. I moved a lot of things in order to get the enamel top table out of there. Then put the things back. I wasn't about to do the same again to put his "project" there. I very sweetly suggested it temporarily go in the back room since we cleared a lot out of there.I

Barb, I hope V soon feels better.. At least he has the medicine now. Try to take things easy. What gets done gets done.

Linda, hope your sil starts feeling better. Two ear infections are miserable. I was beginning to wonder about the work room door. I'm glad it will be installed before R's reunion.

Unbeknownst to me R tried to move the table and it wouldn't go through the doorway to the dining room. Now he has 3 legs off and wants help moving g it. Arghh!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is another very hot and humid day. The weather is really playing havoc with my joints..I am trying to avoid pain meds but I may have to break down later today.

i failed on my first attempt to get my real I’d..since I cannot locate my sis cards and all of our 1099s are located in Az,  it is a problem. But I did call our teachers retirement and they will send me a 1099. This is a pit?

Linda..read your post on the other thread and it was great that you enjoyed the show. We have a great dinner, variety show . 

Claudia..Glad Tip did well. M had to sedate Pepper a little to keep her quiet after surgery. Yikes tomrs table woes.

Stay cool..

we had some heavy rain and storms last night but it did not cool things off too much. 

😎😎