Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of January 26

This will be a short post. My vision is very blurry at the moment. An infusion reaction..no headache yet but it is coming. 

more tomorrow..

Respected Contributor

Rest and feel better, Barbara.

Linda, I see insurance will pay for part of the cost of your DGD's hearing aids. That's good news.

It's been pretty much of a do nothing day. I've only done what was needed. The temperature stayed around 30°.

I saw a FB video of a German Shepherd and a Newfie. The Shepherd jumped the gate. The Newfie just kept going and knocked it down. That was definitely TT and Bo.

The young feral cat was impatiently waiting for breakfast this morning. It will approach within a foot of me but it's much after sibling sits safely across the street.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope your headache isn't too bad, Barbara. Also hope the infusion really helps. Try to rest and feel better.

Your temperatures sound quite cold to me, Claudia.  It was in the 30's when I got up, but eventually was in the 60's.  To be honest, I was still a little chilly.  In the winter, the house never seems to be that warm to me (except for the Arizona room), and I was also cold when I had to go barefoot in yoga class.

My Morocco class was quite good, and yoga went okay.  The teacher (who I have also taken classes with on Fridays) has a sort of weird personality, and doesn't always seem to know how to talk to people.  But, she and her husband (also teaching the class) definitely knows her yoga.  I am hoping that I can keep up with it.

On impulse, I decided to have my hair cut this afternoon, and that took a while because my stylist was busy.  She said I looked sleepy, and I felt sleepy just sitting there for 30 minutes or more.  After that, I went to a couple of stores, so I'm way behind schedule with my other tasks.

DGD is very happy to be able to get her hearing aids from the audiologist.  Apparently, the audiologist went out of her way to get the insurance coverage.

I think the little dog is keeping them up a lot at night, but so far is doing well with the puppy pads (he does not go outside yet.) 

Hope both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..my vision is a lot better, but not perfect..And pain meds are keeping on top of the headache.  V3 will arrive this evening..He will be a big help. Poor m wants to pack most things..I think I am going to have to move them to storage at some point.

i found someone to watch pepper when v has his outpatient surgery on Monday. She is a friend from the dog park and has a cute dog peppers size..the 2 play well. 

Linda..glad insurance will pay for part of dgds hearing aids. It is sad that your hospice patient is dying...I am sure the family is appreciative of the time spent you spent with her.

glad you could get back on the elliptical. 

The temp here are pretty moderate for this time of year, but I am very chilled today..I am sure it is a reaction.

Claudia..hope all is well with you. Is R feeling ok today??i laugh every time I envision your big cats. 

V is figuring out how to stream..he is having a lot of trouble getting our local channels via antenna. He will figure it out.

have a good day...I called this morning and the dumpster should be here soon. 🥶🤪

Esteemed Contributor

Glad your vision is better, Barbara.  Also glad you have a "sitter" for Pepper.  I have faith that V will figure out the local channels -- if I can do it, anyone can.  It did take me some time, and I found that I don't get ABC on one TV, but I do get it on the other.  I think it has to do with the antenna placement which cannot be helped.  Fortunately, I mostly watch TV in the living room where I get more channels.  Good luck with the packing, etc.  I'm sure the dumpster and  V3 will be a big help.

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.  DD and family are crazy about the new puppy, but he is very particular.  She found that he was most unhappy with the puppy pads she ordered from Amazon, so yesterday evening she bought some from the local pet store.  He also does not like the special puppy food she bought before finding the type the breeder used.  So, she will be taking the food and puppy pads to the shelter.

I have never had a young puppy like that, and I am pretty sure it would be too much for me despite how very cute he/she might be.  

The lunch was good -- barbecue place in the middle of a very nice RV park.  I don't think I have ever seen such a nice RV park, but I don't have much experience.  They had a pool, fitness center, etc., etc.  The RVs looked very nice as well.  I rode with a lady from Vermont who has given me rides in the past, and a lady who used to live in Illinois also rode with her.  

Made it to the gym again, and again went on the elliptical.  

I am supposed to have lunch with Jo Ann tomorrow -- hope that goes okay.  

While I knew this was coming, I am sad about my hospice patient.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad your vision has improved and you're keeping on top of the headache with medication.  Pepper will have fun Monday. It's greatV3 can come down and help. I'm sure a lot will get done.

R seems better and is bowling. My sinuses are acting up. I've been taking a teaspoon of honey every 3 to 4 hours and that's keeping my sore throat at bay. I just finished paying bills and have Bryan's birthday card ready to mail.

R has his acupuncture appointment tomorrow plus we need to see if the forms we dropped off last week have been completed. Hopefully they didn't lose them. Just in case I made copies.

Every puppy is different Linda. I'm sure it's keeping them busy. Both Griffyn and Tippy were challenges but in different ways. For instance Griffyn does not like anything on top of his dog food such as cottage cheese. It has to be in a separate fish or he won't eat his dog food. I would have preferred a young adult instead of a puppy after TT died but knew Griffyn was more likely to accept a puppy.

I'm glad you enjoyed lunch today and hope tomorrow's lunch with Jo Ann goes well. It is sad about your hospice patient even though expected.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..v3 is pricing syds room..it looks as if one coat of paint will work. The dumpster arrived...I am sure it will get filled tomorrow. I am feeling much better..my vision is back to normal.  I have spent some time cleaning out kitchen drawers. I did a lot last summer but the junk drawer needed work. Lol

Linda..hope you get to meet Joann for lunch.too bad that you had trouble sleeping last night. If I do not get enough sleep, I am in trouble. It will be warm when I get back on Sunday, but as where you are, next week looks cooler.

Claudia..hope rscscupuncture goes well..hope you feel better. Pepper was a good puppy..ne'er got us up at night. Her breeder trains all of her puppies to sleep through the night. 

I need to find something for lunch..at least I have dinner planned for the next 2 nights. Amie arrives tonight and tomorrow, we tackle the basement. 😫😫

Respected Contributor

It sounds like things are getting done, Barbara. I'm sure the dumpster will get filled. I hope Syd's Dr appt went well. Glad your vision is back to normal.

Linda, I hope you and Jo Ann enjoyed lunch.

We were able to pick up R's insurance form when he had his acupuncture. That's now in the mail as is Bryan's birthday card. Both of us are coughing now. The honey does help. That and the elderberry supplement.

R was looking at fire rings. His first choice didn't work out. That was on the local garage sale site. The person wanted it picked up that night. Since it was after 9 pm that wasn't going to happen. R had to contact PayPal to get his money back. Then somehow he "accidentally" ordered one. That arrived yesterday and is now in the garage. Not was that box heavy .

Heading off to bed as early as possible. Certain cats will hopefully cooperate.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you are better and getting so much done, Barbara. Hope things go well tomorrow and Syd's doctor visit went well.

Also hope you get to bed early, Claudia.  Sorry both you and R have coughs, etc.   That is something about the fire ring.

Lunch with Jo Ann went well.  She didn't mention the call last night, and didn't get my call this morning.  Apparently, she has trouble hearing her phone.  Also, she was not wearing her hearing aids.   I was happy that she let me drive her.  Glad she is going into assisted living since I don't think living on her own is easy at all.  

I had always thought she was taller than me, and she always talked about me being thin.  I thought she was thin, but she sort of denied it.  Anyway, she told me she had been shopping at a consignment store near the restaurant we visited and bought lots of clothes.  She had been ordering things, but found that many did not fit.  She had lost weight after her husband's death.

Anyway, it turns out that like me she used to be 5'4" and is now 5'2", and she was down to 102 pounds.  My weight goes up and down a bit, and I don't weight myself all that often, but I am definitely heavier (usually about 10 pounds heavier these days.)  And, I am still fairly thin and have no desire to be thinner.  Hopefully, she will gain weight once she is in the assisted living facility and someone else is doing the cooking.

I just arrived home when my hospice patient's son called to tell me that his Mom was dying and that she might well be gone by tomorrow (my usual visit day).  I asked if it would be okay for me to come by to say goodbye to her, and he readily agreed.

It turned out to be a very good visit.  She was asleep, but I talked to her and then to her son and his wife.  I'll miss them, but I am very happy I had a chance to say goodbye.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..the kids have been working very hard..I am sure my son is exhausted.the dumpster is almost full ..the basement will need another visit to get it done.

i am pretty much worthless to do too much. V is such a pack rat...it is hard convincing him to get rid of anything. so I am making executive decisions..lol.

Sydnie is fine..she has a very slender build and is a dancer.,she has gotten over being mad at me and is back to being her sweet sel. She has a dance lock-in all day into the evening.

Linda..glad you had a nice lunch. You are very tiny...Syd is 102 and 5.7 what a wonderful thing that you got to day goodbye To your hospice patient. That was very kind of you. I am looking forward to warmer weather..even though part of next week will be cooler.

Claudia..hope all is ok with you.

i have been successfully xisting on a minimal amount of clothing here and it is fine. That motivates me a lot. 

enjoy your day..

💖💖