Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of January 26

Good Morning!  Hope both of you are feeling okay today.  

It is sunny here, and should make it up to 70 degrees again.  They are predicting cooler weather starting tomorrow, but not that much cooler (highs in the 60's).  Nice to live here this time of the year rather than areas with cold, ice, and snow.  At least that is how I feel.

Nothing exciting planned for today.  I'll go to church and perhaps the gym later.  Not sure about the gym because I still can't use the elliptical or treadmill, and I would need to go to a different gym since they are having an event at my usual one.  Maybe I will just take a walk in the nice weather.

Over the years I have purchased several Q items on eBay -- new with tags, no S&H, etc.  Selection is limited, but I have one vendor who always comes through.  Lately, they have been reducing the price of some items on my "watchlist" and sending me e-mails about it.  I'm trying to stay strong despite the wonderful bargains.  Happy that I was able to do so the last few days at least. I should say not much Linea, but lots of Denim & Co. and the more casual lines.

I decided to wear my new Linea jacket to church.  I tend to "save" things for a special occasion, which is not smart at all.  I will pair it with the ponte knit pants and a SG turtleneck (red).  I like wearing color near my face since I am pale with white hair.

Hope both of you have a nice day, and there are no major issues in your houses/families (including furbabies) today.

Hugs,

Linda.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of January 26

Good afternoon..I have slowed down on packing...I think we have pretty much accomplished a lot of stuff. V wants me to clean out his dresser and I am going to do that happily. Since we will be here for short periods of time, I need to think differently.

Just lost the rest of my post arghh. Will try later

Respected Contributor

Hopefully this will post.

the people that bought the piano sent a lovely gift of a handmade necklace with my initial and a tiny grand piano.,they are very thoughtful.

Linda..I am glad that you like your jacket. I wore them a lot when I worked but now I only have a jean jacket. I hope you had a nice day.

m spent a lot of time getting the ice off our driveway..it was very dangerous. That s what happens with the thaw/freeze cycle going on. 

Claudia..hope you had a good day. 

I am going to try to move boxes tomorrow so the house does not look as cluttered. I may wait until amie and v3 come on Friday.

Sleep well. 

Respected Contributor

I think you've accomplished quite a bit, Barbara. Imo it's better  for you to go through V's dresser than to wait for him. R tends to hang on to things. He didn't do as well at the shoot as he hoped but then he was awake much of last night

I managed to work upstairs this afternoon. Vacuuming is done upstairs and the bedroom dusted.  After cleaning the cat litter I headed downstairs to find Mama Boots 3 boys huddled at the base of the stairs terrified by the vacuum. 17-30+ pounds and they are scared of the vacuum.

Red is a good color for you, Linda. I've had to have a stern talk with myself about saving things too. That's one of the reasons I wore the jacket last night. Maybe a bit overdressed compared to others but I wear what I feel comfortable in. Dressing ultra casual I'd be uncomfortable. 

The dogs were out briefly. When Griffyn came in there was a raw patch on his snout. Not a bite. I wonder if he was looking under the steps and scraped it. I put peroxide on it and was surprised he let me. Sammy always acted like I was trying to poison him.

I have been tempted to replace the mattress. It's always been to firm for me. I have to have 3"of memory foam topper  in order to sleep. I've been looking at a brand called Saatva and have seen good reviews. Free delivery plus they install it and take the old mattress and a return policy. Maybe after the porches are done. Adam got a brand called Purple a year or so ago. We certainly couldn't get a mattress up the stairs ourselves.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon.. I have done some packing..my back is bothering me so I am resting for a while.

poor m is very stressed...her neurologist did not fill her meds or her migraines and no other dr in the clinic will do it...this added to the moving , trying to find a house and her job make her very irritable. Of course, guess who gets dumped on. 

didi mention that the lady I sold the piano to made me a beautiful necklace as a thank you gift. 

Claudia..good luck in your mattress search. We have very comfortable mattresses,mthank goodness. I have read good reviews on the mattress you mentioned. 
as I mentioned our house is very chaotic right now. I am trying to keep on top of it. Lol

linda...hope your day is going well.  

By the way, m thinks she is going to pack everything by herself...I would like to hit packers....she talked to her dad at length last night..I have not talked to him today.

have a good day..I am trying. 🤪🤪

Esteemed Contributor

Do try to take a break and take it easy a little, Barbara.  I'm sure it is difficult when things are so chaotic.  Hope M gets her medication and she is better.  Stress plus pain are a very bad combination.  That was a lovely gesture by the lady who bought the piano.  

I packed everything myself (even when a husband was involved) for my three moves, but it is quite a job.  When my ex and I split, I was packing with a broken arm.  Yikes!  If she and/or you can afford it, I am all for hiring packers.

That is funny about wearing a new item rather than "saving" it, Claudia.  Guess we had the same problem.  Your example helped me a lot.  I was a bit overdressed for church, but it didn't bother me one bit.

Glad you are getting things done upstairs.  Hope R is doing better, and your furbabies are behaving (unlikely, I know.)

I enjoyed my walk in the new park (converted golf course) yesterday, but I was surprised by the steep hills.  Next time, I am taking my walking sticks.  Going up is okay, but coming down is frightening to me.

Yesterday evening, I received an e-mail from the cable company with my bill -- no indication that I had given up the TV part.  I tried an on-line chat, but was told to call this morning.  Much to my surprise, the representative put in an order for the return box and label for my equipment, but neglected to cancel the service.  The representative today took quite a while, but he was the one who figured that out, and he canceled the service as of the date I had called (January 8th).  I already got my new bill e-mail, and it is at least $60 less.  

I had "strong bones" and Pearl Buck classes this morning/early afternoon.  Later, I have to go to the eye doctor for more tests and consulting the doctor.  Not looking forward to all that, but.....

DD said the latest is that DGS' wedding will be on the 4th of July in Maryland (country club).  I will probably go since I will be home by then.  But, I will want to stay for a few days rather than fly in and then fly out the next day.  I'll figure things out after a while when plans are a bit firmer.  She has purchased a dress already (DD said not traditional, but pretty).

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry M is feeling so stressed, Barbara. Even worse is not having her meds. I hope it gets straightened out soon. What a sweet gesture from the woman who bought the piano.

Linda, years ago I was taking a walk with a woman who lived next door. There is one very steep street not too far from us. Wouldn't you know she picked that street to turn down. I was sure I'd topple over and roll down the street. Lol. This from a person who grew up climbing all over the hill between us and the new highschool. One walking stick is good. Two are even better.

I hope you will be able to attend your grandson's wedding. Staying a couple extra days is good. No sense just going for the event.

R isn't feeling too good. He's going to skip tomorrow's breakfast and maybe the weight management class. There have been several mad dashes to the bathroom. Spot and Pippen are still hiding out.

Sunday R's muzzleloader buddy and wife are celebrating their 50th anniversary. Their children have a party planned so if R's well enough we'll go to the community center.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am back from dropping off 5 more bags and picking up groceries for the weekend . My 2nd infusion is tomorrow and I may be ok, I may not be. It was cold out..only 16 when I went. Brrr

Claudia..hope r is feeling better today. And hope the fur babies are good. V couldn't find Pepper yesterday..only to discover her hiding behind his chair. Lol

m is taking Syd to the dr on Friday...I think pressure is from school, the move and not having her dog. 

linda, I know this is a busy day for you. Hope it is going well. 

have a good day.💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope R is feeling better today, Claudia.  Also hope you can make it to the anniversary celebration, and your furbabies and you are okay.  I did a bunch of climbing as a kid as well.  While I probably would be okay, going down some of those hills frightened me way too much.

Hope your infusion goes well tomorrow, Barbara.  You have been a busy bee again today.  Glad M is taking Syd to the doctor.  Is Syd one who feels she must get straight "A's"?  I ask because that was a big problem with my DGD.  She would be so upset if she got a "B", but fortunately is better now.  Still strives for straight "A's" but doesn't get too upset if that doesn't happen.  I think that also happened with one of DH's granddaughters.  

And, moving to a new house, not having her dog, etc. is undoubtedly upsetting.

As you may read on the other thread, work went okay today as did the gym.  My Friday hospice visit has been canceled, and my regular patient has been classified as "decline"  or "declining" -- not unexpected, but not good.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I hope that 2nd infusion goes well.  Pepper was being very very quiet. Given her size it's easy for her to hide. I'm glad Syd is seeing the doctor if there's a problem it's best to catch it early.

R is feeling better but is grumpy. His prescription card has been misplaced. I spent a good share of the afternoon going through the desk cubbyholes but no luck. I came up with paper to recycle, small items to donate, and some items to throw out. I now have a shoebox full of papers to shred.  Luckily his card is on file at the pharmacy so I had no problem picking up his prescription.

It's too bad your Friday hospice visit cancelled, Linda. It's not unexpected that your regular patient is declining but not good.

It was chilly today. Temperatures stayed in the low 30's but it felt colder to me.