Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of January 24

Good Afternoon!  Sorry about the CU card issues, Claudia.  What a mess!  

DD did get out and made it to Wal-Mart.  The front loader came while she was out, and the kids were doing more shoveling.  I was surprised to learn that DGD was helping shovel, but that is good.  Her birthday is next week, and I'm glad that I don't need to mail her card yet since the mail hasn't been delivered for a while.  No school today, and the pharmacy wasn't open, but maybe tomorrow.

Hope you had a safe and easy trip home, Barbara.  It would be great to go out to lunch in March, but my schedule is pretty crazy due to my OLLI classes and volunteer job.  Hope it works out.  

I don't think DH needs better diapers/Depends at this point.  The problem is when he takes them down.  Fortunately, things went okay yesterday and this morning.  

I don't think I need a lawyer now, but it may become necessary in the future.  I want to change my will/trust since DH was named to handle things if I needed it, and he cannot do so.  I'm pretty sure I'll go back to the first lawyer I saw.  But, unless I need to do something about DH's trust/account other than what the tax attorney is doing, I will probably wait do do so.  I am pretty tired of all this running around to lawyers and financial people.

My volunteer job went well, and now I need to go to the gym before I pick up DH at day services.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Made it back safely...I upgraded to 1st class so it was very comfortable. Got home, made a grocery store run and will pick up Sydnie from her after school program shortly.

it is a bit chillier than az, but not bad for this time of year.

Tomorrow is my infusion and Thursday I see my orthopedic dr. My knee is pretty much back to normal but v wants me to have it checked since I have the appt.

Claudia...glad you got the cu stuff straightened out. That could be pretty messy. ZEnjoyed your story about your Pepper. Beagles are nice dogs.

Linda, glad dd got out finally. Glad dh is doing better today. And I fully understand about the legal things. You must be exhausted 

When March comes around we will have to see if we can make a get together worl..

Have a good evening

Respected Contributor

image.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Adorable!

Respected Contributor

Oh how precious. Sydnie must be so excited. I hope tomorrow's infusion goes well along with your Thursday appt., Barbara.

I can well imagine you're sick and tired of lawyers and financial people, Linda. Do you have a backup person listed as far as handling your interests? If so you should be ok for a bit. Funny story here. Years ago my parents told me they were naming Eileen as executor because she worked in banking at the time. Some years later, I think in the 90's, I mentioned it. Dad got a strange look on his face. Turns out they had never done that and dad's long deceased sisterwas the sole executor listed. They very quickly made changes.

I tried vacuuming upstairs earlier but the canister vac is pretty worthless. We had a Kenmore for years but this newer model has been a royal pain and is cheaply made. I'm not a fan of the bagless upright. I may resort to the wet dry vac.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..I leave for my infusion in a little while. I will be glad to have it.

Sydnie has talked non stop when I get home. Of course, most of the chatter is about Pepper. I figured out how to add the pic but nit text ..lol.

we visit the arts school Friday morning,. She has decided to go there even though her friends are not. I told the chances of being in class wit hem are next to zero.

Hope your day is going well. I will check back later

Respected Contributor

I'm happy Sydnie decided on the school. Such an opportunity for her.

It's a bit chilly here and possible snow. Tomorrow is another VA trip. R may stop at their urgent care.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope the infusion helped, Barbara.  Like Claudia, I'm glad that Syd decided to go to the arts school.  Sounds like a wonderful opportunity.

Hope your drive goes okay tomorrow, Claudia.  I think it would be good for R to go to the urgent care.

DD is listed as the backup on my account, Claudia.  So, I guess there is no rush.

Thinks went well with the broker -- he was sympathetic and helpful.  I do have POA for the larger account, which is great.  The other one will probably need to be re-done, and I'll probably need to go back to set that up.  Hopefully, not too soon.

It is nice to get up to that part of town, but I don't like the drive very much.  

The caregiver brought supplies with her this morning, and I found out that she will brush teeth.  So, I will have her do that on Friday.

DH seemed to have a good day, and I managed to get a nice walk in before I picked him up.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Busy morning...had my port flushed and the saw my orthopedic guy. My knee is fine..he thinks it might have bled into the joint causing the pain and swelling compounded by ra. Stanly rate I am back to my normal.

ran to target .i forgot v3s anniversary so need to get a card off to them  my head was pretty bad so I took something after I got home and am feeling better.

m is going to let the nanny go. She is an older woman who has Ben going through the cupboards and rear arranging and tossing. Plus,Moshe has taken food. And she likes to tell,us what to do. So it is time for goodbye. M has arranged to leave work early on Thursday and will make up her time. Yikes

Glad things went well with the broker. You are getting things worked out. Got d that dh had a nice day. Take advantage of all the help you can get, Linda.

Claudia..hope the va went ok.

have a great day.

Respected Contributor

We're back from the VA. The drive up was rather iffy but driving home it was sunny and clear. Now I am not a morning person- on the way up R played his music including the 1812 overture shattering my nerves for the rest of the day- lol. Maybe next time I should bring ear plugs. 7 AM is way too early for that.

This afternoon a large box arrived. Turns out it was ordered by the VA. It was a non electric seat lifter arriving 3 1/2 months after the surgery. Smh over the leg lifter and seat lifter arriving so late.

I'm glad the knee is fine and fortunately you're back to normal, Barbara. It does sound like it's time for that nanny to go.

Linda, I'm glad things went well. Step by step things are working out. Good idea to have them brush DH's teeth.

R of course decided not to go to urgent care.