Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of January 19

Good afternoon..I have been doing bits and pieces. When I am done with this I am going to get our things out os syds closet. M has a big clean up in there. I brought 6 bags to good will. Talked to v3 and I am getting a dumpster to get things out of the basement. We have a mattress and springs that need to go and that is the easiest. I called 4 places for pricing..they are not cheap.

i talked to m about Sydnie not eating, because she is showing signs of anorexia...a friend from dance told her mom, who told m that Syd is very thin. She is wearing baggy clothes which is a sign. We are going to talk to her and then m will take her to her pediatrician.i know school is very stressful for her because of all the work she has to do. M has dealt with anorexia more than once.

Claudia..yikes on finding the surprise. Pepper rarely has accidents.it is so easy to misplace small items like keys when one is busy. 

Linda..I have heard about those cranes..hope you found the trip enjoyable.

off to more tossing and packing. 😝😝

Respected Contributor

Linda, I hope you enjoyed today's trip.

It's an excellent idea to be proactive and talk to Syd plus talk to her pediatrician. She's had changes in the past year plus more coming up. Those teenage years are not easy.

I was working upstairs and that came to an abrupt stop.I tripped over the upright vacuum, whacked my nose on a dresser, and almost ended up in a litter box. Once I managed to get up I decided I was done for the day. At least this time I did not reach my arm out to try to catch myself.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  So sorry you fell upstairs, Claudia.  At least you did not hurt your arm again.

Glad you are making progress, Barbara.  I can't remember the details, but I had to rent a dumpster when I had my roof replaced in Maryland, and it wasn't cheap.  The company tried to have it there extra days, and my brother insisted that they take it away.  Perhaps it helps to keep it for as a short time as possible.

Hope Syd gets some help.  Anorexia and other eating disorders are not uncommon among young women.  I just read about Taylor Swift talking about her issues.  And, I guess M had problems.  Glad M is taking her to the pediatrician.

The trip was great.  I provided more details on the other thread.  The new lady ! met was from Rochester, MN.  Really nice, and I think she would be a good person to get to know better.  

I am trying to catch up after a fun day.  

Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we just got back from looking at houses.mthey were collectively awful but the realtor wanted m to see some different floor plans. I know now why the house needs to be pristine..I think m knows what she has to do when this place is shown.

there is still a ton if stuff to do here..

Linda..your trip sounded nice. That is on out to do list..but not when pepper is with us.you are so diligent about your financial stuff. Is your leg feeling ok now?.

Claudia yikes on the fall...I know how easy that is to do. Hope r is ok at his muzzleloader thing. 

m talked to Syd and she has improved her eating the past 2 days...she has gotten food Sydnie likes. I suggested to m that she keeps enough stuff around..m is not that interested in eating. She often goes all day with just drinking coffee or soda. But if food is here, she will eat.

have a good rest of the day. Sleep well. 🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope both of you are doing okay.

It is beautiful here -- sunny and in the mid 70's at the moment.  

My hospice patient's son cancelled, so I went for a nice walk instead.

Finally heard from my friend Jo Ann, and things seem to be going pretty well for her move.  She has a buyer for her house, and she is on the waiting list for a studio apartment in an assisted living facility near her son and family in Santa Monica.  We plan to have lunch next Friday.  It will be an extremely busy week for me.

Laundry is going, and I'll start my weekly financial review soon.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad Sy d is eating more, Barbara. Having food she likes in the house does help. Interesting about the houses you checked out.

I spent the morning doing errands. I mailed Dylan's birthday card. His younger brother's birthday is 5 days after his so I'll need to mail that in a week.

We just got home from the muzzleloader dinner. We tried fixing what we brought in an electric skillet. It was a mixed success. At least the weather wasn't bad but I'm glad to be home and heading off to bed.

We arrived home to find Tip had shredded one of R's magazine. She was very thorough. It was all over the living room. R said one word to her and she hustled out the back door. At least there were no accidents.

Linda, that's good news for your friend, Jo Ann. Mid 70's sounds very nice just now.

The bridge of my nose is bruised along with my chin and my arm aches from the fall. Nothing broken though and no range of motion trouble.

Linda, I wore the loden faux suede jacket tonight along with the wk mock neck. I also had loden ponte knit pants.

Esteemed Contributor

Your outfit sounds nice, Claudia.  I like my new jacket, but I haven't decided when I should wear it.  Hopefully, soon. 

Sorry about your injuries, but I am glad nothing was broken.  As you said, it is good there were no accidents while you were out, but shredded magazines could create quite a mess.  Happy Birthday to your grandsons.  

Glad Syd ate a little better when there was tempting food around, Barbara.  Sorry about the houses you visited.  I know I have a difficult time seeing beyond what is there.  I remember visiting houses when the walls were covered with large family portraits or with recliners lined up facing the TV and filling the room.  Of course, those things would not be there if I moved in, but.....   Lack of imagination can be an issue for buyers.  And, it is important to keep things clean and tidy.

Glad M got some ideas about what needs to be done for your house sale.

My leg is feeling okay, but my compression hose keep falling down.  I'll be happy when I don't have to wear them any longer.