Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of January 19

Good Afternoon!  It is sunny here, and they are predicting that it will get up to 70 degrees.  Hope both of you are keeping warm and the snow/ice isn't too much of a problem. 

Also hope you continue to feel okay, Barbara.  Was this a new medication?  If so, I'm very happy they have found something that works so well for you.

Hope there were no more accidents there, Claudia.  Yikes!  Glad R didn't go hunting in the storm.

As you may have read on the other thread -- the meeting yesterday was much like others I have attended.  Too many complainers and grouchy people.  Glad I had a good excuse to leave early. My hospice visit went fine.

Have either of you gone to Legoland in San Diego?  It sounds like a fun place for adults as well as kids.  

I'm back from the "new" church, and it was really great again today.  Definitely thinking of joining at some point.  

I slept better last night, and my leg is doing okay today.

Hope both of you have a nice day and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of January 19

Hello shopping buddies! It's currently 45 degrees and raining here, but I'll take it over all of the snow we received last week!

@LindaLatte  Grouchy people can be a bit challenging on the nerves, but I just wonder what is going on in their lives to make them that way. I'm glad your visit went fine!

I hope that everyone is doing well, and if you are in the path of the storms, are well prepared and safe.

I could not resist ordering the LocknLock XL pantry container in rose gold, because I am slowly switching out all of my pantry containers with the beautiful rose gold color. I also ordered a beauty box yesterday that includes products I've been eyeing for some time, but was hesitant to purchase because of the hefty price tag; crossing my fingers I like them.🤞

Have a great day everyone😊

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

Good Afternoon!  It is sunny here, and they are predicting that it will get up to 70 degrees.  Hope both of you are keeping warm and the snow/ice isn't too much of a problem. 

Also hope you continue to feel okay, Barbara.  Was this a new medication?  If so, I'm very happy they have found something that works so well for you.

Hope there were no more accidents there, Claudia.  Yikes!  Glad R didn't go hunting in the storm.

As you may have read on the other thread -- the meeting yesterday was much like others I have attended.  Too many complainers and grouchy people.  Glad I had a good excuse to leave early. My hospice visit went fine.

Have either of you gone to Legoland in San Diego?  It sounds like a fun place for adults as well as kids.  

I'm back from the "new" church, and it was really great again today.  Definitely thinking of joining at some point.  

I slept better last night, and my leg is masterdoing okay today.

Hope both of you have a nice day and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

linda...there's a new reality show Lego Masters premiering early February on Fox......saw preview today....looks amazing!

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we went to 3 open houses and all the homes were pretty ugly..

one had 16 pages of issues from the inspection. Yikes. Syd, of course does not like anything because she wants to stay here...but I am trying to make it positive for her.i wish that we did not have to do this but it is necessary.

Linda..the med I am on is the one I started last summer...2 4 hour infusions 2 weeks apart, every 6 months. My drtold me that sometimes it takes 2 rounds before things really improve.  I am happy that I feel better. 

moving is an eye opener into how much stuff one really has. It is very motivating for me to work on simplifying things. 

Claudia...hope you are having a good day.

Welcome @SandySparkles . We used to be a larger group..but feel free to join us. I think we are all very restrictive in our shopping habits.

Enjoy your day..I functioned ok in the cold..look forward to getting back to warmer weather. 😘😘

Respected Contributor

Linda, our community has weekly meetings, but they are structured well enough that there is little complaining. I tend to avoid chronic complainers.

Esteemed Contributor

@sydsgma1  Thank you.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Today it's in the low 20's but feels even colder. I shoveled again this morning so there'd be a cleared area for the car. I decided Tippy must be the dog with the problem. I had to cleanup downstairs this morning but it was a big improvement on yesterday morning. The dogs are still restricted to their regular food until I'm sure there's no longer a problem.

R got home about noon. He drove 35-40 mph the whole way. Usually I need to tell him to slow down.

We've been to San Diego but didn't visit Legoland. That was the year his reunion was held there and his hip was so bad he could barely walk. I'll have to look for the Lego Masters preview.

I'm glad you enjoyed church and your leg is much better, Linda.

I see on FB lots of people lost power last night and others complained their tv reception was out. There are a couple FB  groups for the county road conditions and emergencies.

I did order 1 thing from free shipping - an IM plushed back pair of pants on clearance. I have other pants and tops from that collection. They're great when it's this cold out especially with fleece tights. 

The rose gold LocknLock containers  sound beautiful, Sandy Sparkles. an nice addition to an organized pantry.

Barbara, we moved when I was just a bit younger than Syd. I didn't like any of the houses either but adjusted. The worst was moving out of the neighborhood all my friends were in. These days kids aren't as likely to have neighborhood friends. Society is more mobile.

The cats are still trying to figure out what happened to the old bathroom. This morning 5 were in there looking around. Spot the largest and most timid still has not set foot in there.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is chilly here again.. I did a couple of errands this morning.and now ama waiting for the real estate agent. I have decided not to do too much today. 

I just talked to one of my sister in laws who is downsizing and who also is a real estate agent. She totally understand the amount of stuff I need to go through. I donated 6 bags this morning...our extra garbage can was completely full...LOL. 

I continue to feel much better...

Linda..hope your day is going well. V said the weather was lovely yesterday where we live. 

Claudia..hope tye doggies have readjusted to being home. 

enjoy your day. 🥳🥳

Esteemed Contributor

Very interesting about the medication, Barbara.  I was concerned when it didn't seem to help much the first time. 

Sorry the houses you saw weren't nice.  I had a difficult time finding a house that I liked when my ex and I split.  Some were just gross (in my opinion), but still quite expensive.  I remember when we moved from a house to an apartment (DD was young, but had been in school for a while).  She was pretty upset and mad at us.  We thought we had done such a great thing moving to a house, but she was jealous of her friends who lived in apartments.  Hope Syd adjusts in time.  Is M looking for a place where Syd can go to the same school?  

I know you have lived in your MN house for quite a while, and I'm sure you have accumulated many things.  Try to pace yourself as much as possible.  I think moving is traumatic, and I certainly don't look forward to moves.

Pretty sure your community is quite different from ours/mine.  It is not a gated area or even an incorporated one.  And, the homeowners association isn't well organized at all (in my opinion.)  I would not want to attend weekly meetings, but it sounds like yours might be okay.

Our weather is nice again today.  Sorry it is cold there.

Hope it is warmer and nicer in your area today, Claudia.  Also hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay.

My hospice volunteer evaluation went well, and I had a nice chat with the volunteer coordinator.  

My OLLI class on Pearl Buck was also good.   I thought just a lady would be teaching, but she is doing it with her "partner" who is an old friend of mine.  Long story, but I had visited his wife just before she died, and that visit went so well that it encouraged me to consider volunteering for hospice. 

One of my Caregiver friends just joined OLLI and is attending the class.  Nice lady.

DD said that insurance won't pay for DGD's hearing aids, so I'll help out.  Meanwhile, DGS has found out that it is possible he will be transferred to MN rather than New Hampshire.  His fiance's parents are coming to dinner tonight, and I hope it isn't too stressful.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda..if your dgs is transferred to Mn, I can answer questions. 

your OLLI class sounds interesting. I enjoyed Pearl Bucks writings. 

I need a good drink after meeting with our realtor....there is toooo much to do. 🤪🤪