Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of January 17

Sorry to hear about your kitten being ill and causing additional vet expenses, Claudia.  Those furbabies can certainly be expensive.  

Sorry you are achy, Barbara.  Do take it easy, and I hope your flight and time at home go well.  I'm sure it is difficult to wait for your infusion.

DGS's Reserves were postponed until next week, thank goodness.  Oldest DGS went to work (DD drove him in the rental car), but he was not there long before he texted to say that the store was closing at 1:00 (he was supposed to work until 8:00.)  I think they will have a ton of snow, but hopefully power will be okay.  DD did a last minute Wal-Mart run early this morning.

I think DH's son and daughter do really appreciate what I do for him, Barbara.  I am very happy that they don't try to block me from helping.  I know some children can make their parent's spouses' lives very difficult (like telling them not to spend money, etc.)  I went to a different bank, and the notary was nice.  I had trouble with the scanning, but I think it has finally gone to the broker.  

Meanwhile, I noticed DH had white flakes on his shirt, and asked the aide if he had dandruff.  She said yes, so I bought him some dandruff shampoo.  I also talked to the director of day services about him going for a couple of hours while I am in class (this is on Thursday in Feb., and March), and she said no problem.  I know it is money, but less than having someone come here, and safer than leaving him here alone.  We also talked about his behavior there (very polite, no problems), and the fact that she is starting to collect books for a little library there.  I brought some of his books later since he no longer reads.  I saw him looking at a map one day, so I brought one of his many atlases.

I also had my glasses repaired today (a lens fell out), met a friend for lunch, and went to the gym.  DH and I took a short walk after I picked him up, and I went to buy a birthday card for DGD.  He suddenly started saying that he had to go to the bathroom, and I was racing madly from store-to-store in the strip mall to find a bathroom.  Then, he didn't go.  Yikes!  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Hope your weather is okay, Claudia.  DD texted a picture of their snow -- very high against the window.  The good part is everyone is home and the power is working.  What a terrible storm.  I noticed that some places (like the university) have already announced they will not be open on Monday.  I think things are slightly worse in DH's son's area (closer to DC).

I have not been rushing things this morning -- trying to take it a little slower/easier.  I decided to try putting on some of the disposable gloves the caregiver left for when I handle DH's mess.  They told me that I could use the gloves, but I'll double-check to make sure that is okay.  

DH's DD called yesterday evening, and I think she understands what I'm doing about the brokerage account, etc.  Also, I told her that she and her brother may need to get permission (power of attorney) to be able use the estate portion of the trust when we start work on that -- not yet.  It may not be necessary, but just in case.

I think I forgot to mention that DH's DD's family is fostering another feral cat/kitten.   This one looks a lot bigger than the kittens they fostered earlier.  But, it is pretty.  

She was pretty upset since a guy she has known for quite a while (since her college days), passed away this week.  He was an alcoholic and depressed, and I think he died from a heart attack or something.  Very sad.  

Guess I should get moving now. I have the laundry going, but I need to do my financial review, go to the grocery store for a couple of things, and take a walk, etc.  

Hope you are not in too much pain today, Barbara, and both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's good to take things a bit slower, Linda. We had no more snow overnight. I just got home from Wal-Mart where I saw my former roommate's sister. She said Barbara is staying in. She works for Social Security in Baltimore and they were sent home yesterday.

Meanwhile my brother landed in Miami from his cruise and found his flight home to Nashville cancelled. I haven't heard from him yet today.

I'm glad everyone is home at DD's.

Respected Contributor

It is almost afternoon. I am not doing a lot today...trying to conserve me energy...lol.we have not thing on except for church tomorrow. We are getting things organized for my family's visit starting the 2nd. 

Sydnie will be getting a puppy...two girls an 2 boys were born last night.mshe gets to pick the girl she wants...the breeder will keep the other one.  Sydnie is pretty excited. Ii hope she realizes how much work a puppy is.

Linda..sounds as if dd is getting a bunch of snow. When the kids were home and we had those big storms, we had a great time.,I always made soup and cookies. They would play outputs idle and then have hot chocolate. V would blow out the driveway every 2 hours or so.,

Glad dhs kids are with you on all of his care. You might want to check out how many can have poa rights. When my mom did it, there could only be one and my youngest brother was the backup in case something happened to me.  Good idea to use gloves.

Claudia..hope your kitty is feeling ok now. Did you get any snow.???

Respected Contributor

No snow. All three kittens seem better. I'm still giving them the antibiotic.

Linda, both my sister and I had poa for mother. Either of us could act on her behalf. When Adam was overseas both R and I had pos.