Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of January 17

Time has gotten away from me. Church was a little longer than usuall and the I decided to make a brunch for us. Both girls called so this is the first chance I have had to post.

The sock hop was fun, even though we did not, could not dance. We sat with some friends but poor V had a hard time hearing.

M said it is -10 air tempuature si syd is wearing a blanket sleeper and m has my warming blanket on. No complaints here.

nothing big planned ..I am very achy at the moment...wish I had that blanket here. 

I will ill check back.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of January 17

Sorry you are so achy, Barbara.  Glad you had a chance to talk to your girls.  Those MN temperatures sound awful to me.  I'll take Arizona temperatures for sure.

Did you sing today at church?  Our church session was fine, and DH and I made it to the gym after that.  The gym wasn't as crowded as last Sunday, which is a good thing.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I think I'll go out to Fry's for some produce and other staples before I get into ironing.  

Hope you are keeping warm Claudia, and both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Time has gotten away from me too. Separating the dogs twicea day for feeding van be time consuming plus getting the garbage out front. R bowled again this afternoon. We just finished supper. All I need now is to bring up the laundry from the cellar. 2 flights of stairs though does not inspire me.

Forecast wise it looks like 3-5" tonight and again tomorrow. Winter is here i guess. I hope the roads won't be too bad for our trips this week. Wind chill is 7. Ugh. Good thing Icleaned the Cruze out and didn't wait till the last minute.

Adam's pint size troublemaker Athena (she is only 4 pounds 5 oz) hopped on to the toilet seat and slid head first into the toilet. She got out mighty fast. Adam's other kitten Zeus is already 8 pounds so she is a tiny one but very adventurous.

I'm glad you enjoyed the sock hop, Barbara. Maybe you should keep a warming blanket in AZ too. We went to Bob Evans for brunch today.

I hope you got out to Fry's, Linda. Glad your gym wasn't mobbed.

Respected Contributor

I had my massage this morning...it definitely makes me feel better. I did my weekly trip to Wally World. It was very chilly in the store and not at all crowded..which surprised me because it is a holiday.

jjill had an extra 40% off their sale items so I picked up a couple of pairs of pats for spring and summer. It should start getting warmer here soon.

v plays bridge shortly I have nothing planned or the afternoon. I can entertain myself pretty well.

hope your day is going well...I will check back later

Respected Contributor

by the way, the wind chill where A lives was -49 yesterday morning. And yes, they went to church

Respected Contributor

That's cold,Barbara. It was minus 6 here. Windchill that is.

We left extra early for the dealership this morning. It was not good here but the closer we got to the dealership which is a 30+ mile drive the worse it was. We nearly got stuck making a turn. Heading home after stopping for lunch was even worse. It was very slow going and the main road was closed due to an accident so we had to take a back road. We nearly got stuck a few times because of drifting snow and whiteouts. I was so thankful it got better as we got closer to home.

Tomorrow we may reschedule the VA trip as it's not likely to improve until Wednesday.

I'm so glad the massage helped you and you didn't have to deal with a crowded store.

Adam took Zeus to the vet and has meds for his congestion.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad the massage helped, Barbara.  Remind me not to go to MN in the winter.  Those are terrible temperatures Amie is having.  I have only been to Minneapolis once -- in July, I think.  The coldest day/night we have had here was in February 2011(?) when it got down into the teens.  Our water pipes froze, and it was quite a mess.  Today it was pretty cool in the morning, but now is quite nice, if a bit cloudy.

So sorry you are having to drive in such messy weather, Claudia.  I see that Jean canceled her doctor's appointment for today due to the weather.  I don't blame her a bit.  One of my dogs didn't weigh much more than four pounds, but I know that isn't much for a cat.

DD said their drive to and from the college was pretty bad -- they spent about 17 or 18 hours in the car.  The college town had next to nothing, so they drove nearly 40 miles away for lunch and to kill time while DGS had his interview.  DGS thought it went well.  Next weekend, middle DGS has Reserves and the dreaded PT test.  Hope he can pass it.  

The caregiver came this morning, and she gave DH a bath and dressed him.  I was busy helping/watching, so it wasn't a big relief for me.  But, I think Wednesday will be better now that she knows the layout, etc.  I thought maybe she would have some hints for me, but then I realized that I already have a pretty good idea about how to handle him.

Strong bones went fine this morning, and then DH and I went to the 99 cent store and Wal-Mart.  Our store was pretty busy, and I noticed lots of empty shelves.  Guess they did a big business over the weekend.  Glad your store wasn't busy, Barbara.

DH's root canal went okay -- I had to help him get on and off the chair, etc., but he followed directions pretty well.  They said that he may start having a lot of pain in a couple of days, and I should give him ibuprofen or have a Tylenol 3 prescription filled.  He tells me that he wants to take a walk with me, so I will take him on a short walk before I take a longer one.  I need to get in a bunch of steps to make my 10,000.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

Claudia..I understand the bad driving. I would always avoid unnecessary travel but as a principal, it was not always a choice. One thanksgiving we had to make the 3 hour trip from vs home town in an ice storm.  M and v were pretty young..maybe 3 and I had him stop at a grocery store where I bought crackers and cheese to keep them quiet. Lol.

Linda, glad the root canal went well. I think you morning helper will be fine once he or she figures it out. You should have an extra cup of coffee or read the paper...enjoy the break.  It wil be nice that dgs will have some choices.  Hope 2nd dgs does ok on his pt test.

More drama at dance...today was the solo practice where the teachers watched the dances. The dance mom told her daughters teacher that she did not want her to do the solo anymore. It was quite the blow up. All I can say is omg

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  I really do think the "dance Mom" has some very serious psychological problems, Barbara.  I am sure glad she isn't my Mom or the Mother of my student.  Hope you are feeling okay today.  It should be another warm afternoon here, which I like a lot.

I keep seeing these heavy snow predictions for the weekend on the East Coast, and I know DD will be worried about getting DGS to Reserves.  I hope they don't have too much snow/ice, or that they will postpone the PT test.  

Imagine your weather is very cold again today, Claudia.  Hope you stay warm, and don't need to drive in hazardous conditions again today.

DH had another accident this morning -- first thing, which is always a bad start to the day.  But, I'm getting better in cleaning up the mess and him.  And, it is trash day again, which is a blessing.  He will be going to day services today, and I'll be doing my volunteer work.  I have an appointment with the financial guy this afternoon.  Not sure that I can fit the gym in, but maybe.  Otherwise, I will go to the gym tomorrow.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I see from today's paper the accident on the main road was a semi-truck rollover and the driver had to be extracted through the windshield. R ended up calling the VA to reschedule his appointments. That's a relief. I was out earlier to drop off the car insurance payment and made a quick stop at the in town grocery. The roads were not much improved. Later I'll need to go out again for grain free dog treats and a snowbrush.

Tomorrow we make the trek out of town for R's emg. We are not about to reschedule that.

Anything to keep the kids quiet, Barbara. I was not fond of driving in bad weather let alone with Whit and Adam in the back seat. Ditto what Linda said about "dance mom".

Fingers crossed for middle gs's pt test, Linda. I hope the financial appointment goes well this afternoon.