Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of January 10

Good Morning/Afternoon!  DH is at day services (seemed perfectly happy to go there), and I took a walk around the campus after I dropped him off.  

Today I have a newcomer's potluck, and we were asked to wear Hawaiian clothes.  I have one "camp" shirt that I bought in Hawaii, so I'll wear that over a turtleneck.  Not warm enough to wear on its own today.  I think we are having some Hawaiian dancers, and we may even be doing a bit of dancing ourselves.  Maybe not, but....

DD said it cost quite a bit to have the sports coat (bargain) tailored to fit youngest DGS, but it should be useful.  He will be wearing it to the college in NC this weekend, and probably to the prom, etc  They are going down and back in one day (tomorrow), so I'm sure they will be exhausted.  DD said that there were no nearby motels, and the closest ones were expensive.

Hope you are feeling okay today, Barbara, and things are going well with you, Claudia.  I do hope the roads are not too bad on Monday.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I worked the coffee bar this morning..it is a fundraiser for our choir here. I sat as much as I could but my knee is bothering me. I got a recommendation for a good orthopedic guy here from a choir member last night. I if anything has to be done, I will do it here.

it is chilly here so far yo day. Mn is to be way below zero this weekend so I am not complaining.

no tsv for me...I do not care for cocoon wraps on me. My preference for clothes remains jjill.

Linda, it is great that dh likes the day services. I hope your lunch is nice...I love watching Hawaiian dancing.

it is wonderful that dgs is on recruiting trips. It sounds as if he will have decisions to make.

Claudia..I dreamed about you last night. I went to visit you and tt would not let me in.  Lol

hope your day is good.

Respected Contributor

Lol, Barbara. He is constantly laying against doors blocking my way in and out. If he's not doing that they are all3 spread out over the floor so I have to climb over them.

I cleaned out the car today and vacuumed. Not perfect but better.

I am glad you've found a good doctor in AZ just in case.

More snow tomorrow which I don't look forward to. I do have one cocoon type wrap. Actually I'm wearing it today. No need for more.

Linda, it's wonderful DH enjoys the day services. It makes it much easier for you. I hope you enjoyed the lunch.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Another cool morning, but it should make it into the 60's today.  It was cloudy, cool, and windy yesterday afternoon.  So, DH and I only took a very short walk after I picked him up at day services.  He sure seemed happy to be there, which is great for both of us.  And, so far so good this morning.

Hope that it isn't snowing too much there, Claudia, and that your knee isn't bothering you too much Barbara.  Glad you have a doctor in Arizona.  I remember having a problem finding doctors when we went back and forth to Maryland.  It usually takes a while to get an appointment, and then sometimes I would be going back by the time I did.

My doctor's office called yesterday to say that I have been approved for another Prolia (osteoporosis) injection in March.  I told them I would call back to set a date.  I bought yesterday's TSV for DD.  I think she likes cocoon wraps/sweaters a lot, and she told me that she often wears a wrap I bought her in the car rather than wearing a coat.  This is when she is basically the chauffeur.  

She sent a text message this morning -- they were making good time on their way to the college in NC.  To be honest, I am not a fan of this school (not sure their academics are up to par), but DGS is interested, so......  

The luncheon was fun.  Several other ladies were wearing similar Hawaiian shirts with long-sleeved shirts under them, and some wore full-length dresses.  The dancers were volunteers/friends, and any money they are given goes to a local food bank.  Seemed like a nice group of ladies.  They did invite us to try one dance, and it was difficult for me to get my hips, hands, and feet going all at once.  But, it was good to try.  They also had a speaker from a wildlife rescue organization in town, and her talk was interesting.  The newcomers group gave both organizations a small donation, which was nice.  

The food was plentiful and very good.  As usual, I stuffed myself trying everything.  Good thing I'm not watching my weight.  

;Nothing exciting planned for today -- laundry, financial review, and a walk for sure.  

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning...v and I are in the process of cleaning. The lady I wanted to clean last Friday cancelled on me so I will not be using them again. I remember when I could clean my entire house all in about 2 hours without stopping...not so any more yikes

we are going to a sock hop tonight. V does not dance and I can't but it will be fun to be with some friends. Don't know how long we will stay because there is a big football game between the packers and the cardinals.

Respected Contributor

I have no idea where that line came from..gotta love the boards.

i have company infebruary..my 2 brothers and their wives for a week and the Amie and her 2,older girls come for 5 days. It ill be fun.

Your luncheon sounded nice. It is good that dgs is exploring all possibilities..then he can make a good decision. So good that dh likes the care place.

amie said the wind chill was-33 and the air temp was -12. I never complain about "cold" weather here.

Claudia...hope you do not get too much snow. 

Have a a good day.

Respected Contributor

I don't envy Amie that windchill. I woke up earlier than planned this morning so spent the time putting laundry away and then starting a wash. I am not sure how bad our weather will be so made a dog food run.

R wanted to practice bowling this afternoon so off we went.

I would be upset too with the cleaning person canceling. February sounds like a busy month, Barbara.

We heard from Whit today. Sil found an engine for his car in Co. They found it easier to go get it than have it shipped and did some sightseeing on the way.

Linda, it's always fun to sample the food. Your DGS will have a number of choices to choose from which is good.