Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of January 10

Good morning...I only sang for one service...the stairs were not easy to do. I may call my orthopedic in mn and see if I can get an appt for the end of the month when I will be home.

It is quite chilly again to day. There is a problem with our heat pump..something got loose that could have destroyed the motor.  Our repair guy, put in something temporary and will finish it when the part comes in .,it should be done by Tuesday.

i have barbecued beef in the crockpot..an easy meal. Think I am going to explore some new recipes this month, even though v is not excited about that. Lol.

i will be back.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of January 10

Sorry about your heat pump needing a part replaced, Babara. I hope it's not the motor.

It's raining off and on here and there's lots of mud out back. I moved the garbage out front when the rain stopped briefly. Temperature is low 40's but it doesn't feel terribly cold.

I have crated Griff briefly. He has gone after TT a few times when he "thinks" TT is looking at his food. Hopefully he'll soon learn that is unacceptable behavior. Right now though they are sleeping side by side.

Sorry about your knee, Barbara. Would a knee brace help at all?

Linda, I hope you were able to get to church today and that DH had no problems in your absence.

Respected Contributor

It is not the motor, claudia. Some kind of casing got loose and it would have eventually ruined the motor. Yikes.  

Hope me your doggies learn how to get along.  It's like having children. Lol

thecdance mom and her ilk all saw syds dance on Friday night on the tv.,there are cameras in all of the rooms. M said they all now are worried because it is quite good. She has a lot of very fine moves in it, that increase the difficulty. I told m it all works out in the end.

i am thinking of a knee brace.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about your knee, Barbara.  Hope the knee brace works if you get one.  Glad the heat pump will be fixed.  I was told that your body/blood adjusts to the climate here, and you feel the cold much more than you might have in the past.  That is true for me.  I remember thinking a neighbor wanting a fur coat was nuts, but now I understand.  

Too bad the Vikings lost after the fans sat in that super cold weather.  I don't blame your kids for not wanting to attend.

I do hope  our dogs get along okay, Claudia.  It is like kids for sure.  I did make it to church and DH didn't have any accidents that I could find.  Although I notice that the sofa had a stain on it -- probably from his nutritional shake.  I may need to give him his snack at the table rather than on the sofa.  I give him peanuts as well, and there are usually a few of them on the floor.  I decided to put a placemat on his side of the table.  I really think something like a bib might be a good idea as well. His eating is usually messy at best.

We went to the gym after I got home from church, and the head of adult day services was using "his" machine.  She waved and asked if that was the machine he used, and then she got off.  I think her husband was ready to leave, and I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity.  After he did his thing, I did my routine, and he fell asleep on the chair again.  It was pretty funny.  We had a late lunch, but all is well now.  I have so much to do, but I'll get to it (or do stuff tomorrow.)

I'm excited about the playoff game, fingers crossed for DC (I use the politically incorrect name, but....)  Are they Steelers fans in your area, Claudia?  

DH's DD called last night -- just back from Germany.  She was tired and still had a bit of a cold, but we talked quite a bit.  I thought I knew what DH desired when he passes, but I double-checked with her.  She wasn't very impressed by what I told her about the hospice folks, but I think things will improve.  It is probably the rush to get him in the system that caused some of my problems with them.  Hopefully, it will be much smoother next week.  

I am taking DH to day services three days this week -- Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.  If it works well, I may make it a regular thing.  His DD said to spend the money, and I know it is good for him as well as me.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, glad there were no surprises for you. A bib sounds like a good idea...glad his dd is supportive. Of you.  I was surprised at the hospice folks talking to you in front of him about burial etc. when I dealt with them for my mom, her funeral was all prepaid so there was no discussion. V and I have done the same for us so there is no hassle for the kids.

i think it will be good for you to take advantage of all of the help. Remember you are still the primary caretaker.

i forgot to mention that I am enjoying my coloring books. I bought a nice artist set of colored pencils and doing it makes me very peaceful. 

We we need to look at getting together but it may need to wait until next month. 

Sleep well.

Respected Contributor

We are having snow and wind. What a change in temperature. I switched the vehicles in the driveway as the car goes into the dealers tomorrow morning for work. I didn't want to have to clear off two vehicles.

We lost power briefly and had no online access for a couple hours. Everything seems to be working now.

Good idea, Linda to double check with Dh's daughter. A bib seems a good idea.

Adam got home from reserve a bit ago. One less thing to worry about.

Respected Contributor

Back frm my massage....she worked on my legs and feet and they feel so much better now. I have been putting a lot of stress on them with way I have been limping around. I am trying to walk normally...lol and not lim

nothing exciting for today....the light in the laundry room and that is going to be difficult to replace because of our high ceiling..

M said it was very cold at home...no rain here today , the sun goes s shining.,I did notice snow on the mountain tops.

claudia..glad Adam made it home. I always worry when the roads may be bad.

need to find some lunch...

Respected Contributor

I'm back from the car dealership after stopping for brunch at a nearby diner. 11 degrees this morning as we started out but not much snow though it was slippery in spots. R decided to go too saying he knew I didn't like to drive in this weather. Actually it was to look at various models as the lease is up in a couple months. There is a payoff up to the last 3 months of the lease. He seems quite interested in the Impala. We've had several in the past. A truck is on hold for now due to the kitchen sink. dw situation. He realizes that as TT gets older we need a vehicle that is easy for him to get into and out of.

Barbara, I'm glad your massage was a big help. I would hate replacing the lightbulb when there's a high ceiling. As it is I'm not enthused about using a stepstool. We have a smoke detector on the ceiling at the top of the stairs that I may ask Adam to relocate to the wall before he leaves for OK.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Sorry I'm so late in posting.  Another crazy day.  I took DH to day services and went to the strong  bones workout -- three new ladies, and the largest crowd we have ever had.  Yikes!  I told them (already told them in an e-mail) that I will not be leading the group after this month.  Just too much going on, and I don't want to have to worry about DH an extra day each week.  As it is, I'm pretty sure I'll be sending him to day services three days a week soon, but I want the third day to be Tuesday so I can do my volunteer work and not worry about him.

After class, I went to the hardware store, card store, and then briefly to the grocery store.  I stopped by the library on the way back, but it was closed since someone drove their car right through the wall into a meeting room.  They wanted to make sure there were no problems with pipes, electrical stuff, etc.  Later, I found that there were people meeting in the room the car drove into -- yikes.  Not much of a wall there.  Apparently, the driver was not injured.

Stopped at home for a few minutes, and then went to Wal-Mart and the 99 cent store for produce and a few other things.  Raced home -- not time enough to eat lunch before I needed to pick up DH.  

Got him home, changed my clothes, and my neighbor came to pick me up for bookclub.  The caregiver was slightly late again, but not too bad.  Anyway, bookclub was the usual chaotic but good session.  Came home, and they had delivered the chair for the toilet and the shower chair.  They sent a shower chair without arms, very similar to the one I already had.  So, I figured I would need to call hospice and let them know.  Then, I got a call from the hospice nurse coordinator -- just checking on how things were going, and I told her my experiences.  She apologized for some of the crazy stuff, and said she would let the social worker, etc. know.  She will also let the nurse know about the shower chair.  She said it is always pretty wild at first, but she understood why I pretty upset.

Dinner is finally cooking, and I'm trying to take it easy.  Yikes! 

DD said the college they visited was very nice, and she really liked that it was so close (2 1/2 hours), etc.  He is visiting a different college next week, and it is a much longer drive (North Carolina).  She is not excited about making that trip, but.... Otherwise, things seem to be going pretty well.

Sorry it is so cold there, Claudia.  Hope you like the new car, if you get one.  I wouldn't mind if this car lasted forever, but I know that isn't realistic.  I do like how some of the new cars have cameras so you can see in the back.  

I would take advantage of Adam's help as long as you can do so.  

Need to check on things now.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

This is the first opportunity to post today. We had a fun time at cards today and I have choir practice in a little while.  It is sunny bit cool. M said the windchill was -25 this morning.

Sydnie got accepted into the middle school arts magnet in our district.,unfortunately her bff did not so now she is not sure she wants to go. Needless to say m will make the decision for her.

Linda, I hope things settle down for you soon. It is great that dh is having another day out. I am glad that hospice will fix their errors. It is good that you are getting more help.

Claudia, the weather looked frightful out East. Stay warm.  What kind of car are you looking at.

I need to to leave in a few minutes.