Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of February 9th

Good Morning!  I am getting worried about you and V, Barbara.  If possible, please post something here or on FB.  Really hope I'm just being anxious over nothing, and both of you are okay.  Also hope Syd is recovering and dealing with her injury okay.  I'm sure it isn't a good thing for her, particularly when she was already upset about moving, etc.

Glad you and R were able to take care of the snow, Claudia.  Good that you can see the funeral at the hs.  That is sad news about your colleagues second husband.  Unfortunately, I know several women who lost their second husbands not long after they married.  Hope your former classmate recovers okay.

It should be warm, but windy today and turn colder tomorrow.  We may also have rain.  I figured we were not ready for 70 degree days consistently.  Hopefully, no more nights in the 20's.

Hope both of you, your husbands, and furbabies are doing okay.  Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of February 9th

Good morning...yesterday I was just too tired to post. I was having trouble walking so started on prednisone and feel more functional today.

v is doing much better..the bleeding has stopped..he had 3 units of blood and will get platelets sometime today. One of his Drs. Partners stopped by and explained what happened...there was a small hole in the bladder from the surgery and he bled into his abdomen.  He proabaly lost a couple of pints of blood which caused the other issues. They will cauterize the areas to morrow and he should be fine. 

I am doing ok...not as stressed as before. 

I will post tomorrow ..I do not want to worry anyone. 

😘😘

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting, Barbara. I was feeling worried but figured I'd see if you were posting today before becoming really concerned.

More later. I need to find something to wear to the funeral home. If I find a bottom I can't find the matching top. I'm more disorganized than I like. First I dislocated the shoulder right when starting to bring down winter clothes and pack up summer. Then I had to pull things out of the bathroom for the remodel.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much for posting, Barbara.  I am glad the doctors are taking care of V, and you are not as stressed as before.  Whew!  I figured you were just too busy to post, but I remembered what happened with Jean -- no posting for several days for a very good reason.  Not that I could have done anything, but.....  Good that V's doctors explained the problem and what they are doing to solve it.

Sorry you are feeling more disorganized than you like, Claudia.  I'm sure you will be fine.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Barbara @sydsgma1  thanks for checking in.  I read this thread daily and was getting a little anxious.  I'm so glad that they found V's issue and are addressing it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I'm sure glad the bleeding has stopped and the doctor explained what occurred, Barbara. I hope you've been able to rest today. I know V will be glad to get home once he's released.

I managed to locate some black Linea ponte pants and one of the wine t necks. That plus a Dennis Basso embroidered jacket I got on clearance worked for the funeral home. After that I picked up a few groceries and dropped some donations off at GoodWill. I ran into my college roommate while picking up cat food then saw a former co-worker in the freezer aisle. That's when I see people it seems.

On FB there's a group scanning our county. It was just posted a medevac helicopter landed up by the reservoir above the dam with a patient due to the weather. The forest roads are iffy in winter so they're sending a 4 wheel drive to get the patient. I remember when R had snowmobile patrols.

FB updates show our classmate woke up yesterday and is improving but it will be a long haul for her. They say sepsis and C-diff. 

The dogs are sleeping right now. This peaceful scene probably won't last long.

Respected Contributor

Vs second cysto was successful...he is back and is feeling ok.  He will start on an installation of BCG, a live tb vaccine in 6 weeks for 6 weeks.  His urologist said he wants to do this because the cancer cells are more aggressive and this is a good treatment. I will have to be careful because of my suppressed immune system..Will check with my rheumatologist.

so I am feeling much better about his status.  once he is good I plan on doing some major in the bed resting..lol.

Claudia..I saw a Great Pyrenees at the dog park..beautiful..a male who weighed 150 pounds. Glad your class mate is better.

Linda..trying to lead an exercise class with a talker would be difficult. Hope your caregiver relief works out..it has just started sprinkling her.

i am going to head home. 💕💕

Respected Contributor

I'm glad V is feeling ok after this scope, Barbara. I hadn't heard of that other treatment. Good idea to talk to your rheumatologist. My guess is Griffyn is about 130 pounds having gained back weight lost after TT's death.

Right now the dogs are wrestling around the living room. Too bad I don't have a rumpus room for them. Good heavens, they actually moved my chair with me in it.

Linda, I can imagine trying to teach a class with a talker.

I hear they were able to stop the bp medication for my classmate and hopefully she can be off the vent in a couple days. She still has a very long road to recovery.

Last night's emergency Medevac landing ended up with the ambulance able to get up the forestry road. The patient and medical crew then went by ambulance to the city hospital.

Esteemed Contributor

Very glad V's second cysto went well, and he is doing better, Barbara.  I think you need some major rest time when this is over and he is back home.  Good idea to check with your doctor about the live vaccine.

It sounds like your classmate does have a long way to go, Claudia.  Hope she makes it okay.  Lots of action in your area.  Gryff is a big boy for sure.  I can't imagine having a dog that outweighed me, but it probably would be okay.

I'm back from a very lively bookclub meeting.  The host was visiting her mother (over 100 years old) yesterday and only came back this morning, but she had quite a nice spread.  She is a retired architect and has done a lot with her house.  Beautiful views and a kitchen full of innovative appliances, etc.

While I was at the meeting, my work buddy called to say she isn't coming in tomorrow. She has been working hard on the new house, and just didn't feel like it.  So, I'll be doing the salad bar.

DD found furniture for the family room on big sale yesterday (loveseat and chair and a half), so I offered to give her birthday money to her in advance (her birthday is next month).  It didn't pay for the whole thing, but took care of a chunk.  They are delivering it next week, and she got a great deal -- free delivery, etc.

My SIL sent me an e-mail -- she was fired today.  Everything is up in the air at this point. She doesn't even know if she will stay where she is, etc.  She will file for unemployment.   Quite a mess.  I still don't understand what she did that caused them to fire her, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

Hope both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope all is well with you, V, and Pepper, Barbara.  Sorry V has to go through all of this, and you need to be a caregiver when you need some care yourself.

Also hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.

The senior lunch program was pretty wild between a presentation with special foods and my work buddy being out.  When she is out, I basically do her job and half of my regular job.  No time for me to eat lunch until I came home. 

The hospice patient's wife canceled our meeting today because her husband wasn't doing well.  Hopefully, we will get together next week or the week after.  Family is visiting later this week.

We have had rain off and on today, and finally a little sun has peaked out.  It only made it to the 50's today, and that felt chilly to me.

Oldest DGS told DD that he could hire my SIL part-time in his store.  I'm sure she would rather have a job in her field (activities director at an assisted living facility), but I thought that might be a good temporary help.  Turns out that she had an interview last Friday and has another tomorrow plus has applied for several other jobs.  She thanked them, and said she will keep DGS' number just in case.  

The gym went okay, and I should have a more relaxing evening than yesterday when I spent a lot of time on the bookclub report.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda