Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of February 5th

Good afternoon. I played bridge this morning and then spent time with m prepping her for her interview. She made it to the next round. The recruiter mentioned that he saw she had another interview tomorrow and he wants her to let him know if she gets an offer. This is all within the same big insurance company. I think she may have 2 offers on the table...both telecommute with at least aa 25 percent pay raise. Fingers crossed.

i have not felt -100 percent today, so decided to take a nap and a pain pill. I do feel better now.

Linda, interesting that the anti anxiety drug could cause the motor issues. Hope that works.  Yikes on hitting the car...it is nice he accepted a cash payment. It is pretty warm today..over 80.

Claudia..hope you do not get sick.  I would love to hear about your trip when you feel up to it.

Choir tonight....have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

I had a great massage earlier. Took some of my achiness away. I have a birthday party and dinner to go to later this afternoon. Tomorrow I am going to an all day women's retreat associated with our church at a country club not too far away.

M had a very good interview. She had a call from the  recruiter saying she will hear early next week. That is a very good sign.

Linda, hope your day is going well and dh is more mobile.

Claudia, hope you are recovering. Share some of your trip with us.

need to get valentines cards out to the kiddies

Respected Contributor

I have what R has unfortunately. He of course thinks he's much worse. Once I feel better I'll Poe about the trip Finally the mri has been scheduled.

Great news about M. Fingers crossed.

Right now all I want is comfort food and bed.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry you and R aren't feeling well, Claudia.  Of course, men always have it worse than women.  LOL  Really looking forward to when you can tell us about your trip.

That sounds very good about M's job prospect, Barbara.  Hope you enjoy the birthday party today and  retreat tomorrow.  I'm loving this hot weather, but I know it will be turning much cooler. Still beats freezing and snow. 

I brought up the idea of reducing DH's anti-anxiety medicine to the hospice nurse, and it turns out that she and the main caregiver had just discussed the issue and decided to do so.  Now, he will only get one "regular" dose per day, and other doses if needed.  He is still in the wheelchair, but was able to stand up briefly.  The nurse said that the lack of mobility is part of the disease, but perhaps this will help for a while.  

DH was in good spirits yesterday afternoon and this morning.  He did seem sleepy after lunch, but.....  His DD"s plane isn't scheduled to arrive until after 4:00, so we will not be able to get there by his dinnertime.  But, hopefully before he goes to bed.

I have the air mattress ready in the "office", and a pasta casserole ready to bake.  Hope she will have a good visit with DH.

DD isn't feeling all that great, but DGD has a charity "ball" to attend this evening.  SHe isn't going with a date, but at least one of her girlfriends is supposed to attend.  Hope she has fun.

Guess I better do a little more cleaning now.  Hope both of you sleep well, and you feel better, Claudia.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. DH's DD just called -- the plane is leaving a bit late.  Still hope for the best.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  DH's DD's plane was delayed about 40 minutes, and I was a little early at the "cell phone waiting area".  It wasn't that hot outside, but the car was very warm.  So, I walked around a bit and turned on the AC a little bit.  I thought we would be very late getting there, but DH was just having dinner (being fed), so I took over.  After dinner, they wanted to change him and that was a major effort.  So, he went into the bed, and his DD and I left around 6:30.  

We went this morning around 9:00, and he was in the wheelchair again.  The caregiver said that the night person told her to keep him in the wheelchair and changing him would be difficult.  I took a walk, and his DD sat with him and watched a movie.  After a while, we decided to see if he could walk, and he could!  It was slow, and not very steady, but I was quite happy.  I changed him (just his Depends), and he walked back out to the living room.  We put him back in the wheelchair (didn't want to try our luck), and then I fed him lunch.  We came home for lunch, and his DD went for a walk while I worked on the laundry.

Dinner was good last night, but I'm not sure what we will do tonight -- maybe go out somewhere.  We plan to visit him briefly when we leave for the airport tomorrow morning.  She did call her brother and put DH on the phone.  I guess that went okay.

I know that Barbara is on her retreat -- hope you enjoy it.  Sure hope you are feeling better, Claudia.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm so happy to hear your DH is walking a bit. What a relief that must be to you, Linda.

The snow is melting here. I went out earlier and did the errands that had to be done. Mailed the lease payment for the Chevy and picked up the farm milk. Usually I pick the milk up Thursday but the small grocery was closed Thursday and Friday due to the death of the owner's father.

R has done very little and still feels miserable. I am working my way through this cold  (I hope) only doing what must be done.

I hope you enjoy the retreat, Barbara.