Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS, Week of February 4

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope you are feeling better, Barbara.  Also hope the doctor helps tomorrow.  Hugs.

Also hope R is better, Claudia.  You two have certainly had a lot of trials lately.  Hugs to you as well.

Today is DGD's 18th birthday.  Wow is all I can say.  She wanted a gift certificate to a vintage-style internet shop, and she said she will use the gift to buy a beautiful new dress.  She certainly looks great in the dresses I have seen.

I'll be going to the gym pretty soon and visit DH later.

Hope everyone has an okay or better day!

Many hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS, Week of February 4

Thanks for starting the thread, Linda.  I ran out to get a couple of items for today...we are just doing snacks for dinner..meatballs, cheese, crackers , veggies and a few wings. I will make a nice brunch.

i am starting to feel better...still cough a lot at times....will be interesting to see what the dr says tomorrow about my blood work. 

Claudia..hope r is doing better today...

Linda..what a nice gift for your dgd..I am going to give syd and 5 of her friends a limo ride for her bday.  She will be 13 next month..time does fly. 

Enjoy your day..it is beautiful here.😍😍

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday to your DGD, Linda. What a great present. They grow up so quickly.

Barbara, I hope tomorrow's appointment goes well. Glad that you're starting to feel better. Dylan turned 14 on the 1st and Bryan will be 9 on the 6th.

I was able to bring R home this afternoon. Picked up his prescription and need to schedule follow-up.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...I went for my dr apptthis morning, only to be told it was at their other clinic 10 miles away. I was never told that so I am rescheduled for this afternoon.

it is another beautiful day here...perfect temp, no humidity, rain etc. 

Claudia..glad you got r home yesterday. Now hopefully, he will have an un complicated recovery. He has really had a time of it as have you. 

We we watched the Super Bowl and thought the game was pretty exciting. Minneapolis did a great job of hosting it.

Linda, hope dhs eyes are better today. 

Amie has to have her foot fused because of arthritis..it has been bothering her for a long time. I think she is a little young to have that done. Yikes.

hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Sorry about that mix-up, Barbara.  How frustrating.  I enjoyed the game as well.  One commentator said that while most people thought the Minnesotans were very nice, they probably would not return there (at least in the winter) due to the extreme cold.  I am certainly enjoying Arizona weather this time of the year.  That is a shame about Amie.  But, I guess it is better than dealing with pain.

Hope things are going okay there, Claudia.  DD said that it was icy there this morning, and the college delayed opening for two hours.  Perhaps you can stay home for a change and R has a good day.

DH's eyes were not good again today, and the caregiver told me he had good luck using chamomile tea on his eyes for three days.  I purchased some tea today, and I'll take it there tomorrow.  Also bought him some more eye drops.  For the past couple of days he has been trying to tell me something, but can't get the words out.  Very frustrating for both of us.  He ate pretty well -- a bit more than half of the main course (pureed chicken, noodles, and vegetables) and all of his jello.

DGD had a nice birthday -- the "singles" get-together at church went pretty well.  She took a friend -- they went out to dinner, etc., and the friend went home and found a date (not from the church) on "Tinder".  Pretty wild.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you were able to be rescheduled for the afternoon, Barbara. Someone messed up in not telling you where the appointment was at. That's a shame about Amie's foot..

It must be frustrating for your DH to be unable to communicate, Linda. I'm glad he ate pretty well.

Yes, we had ice this morning. It took a while to scrape the windshield. R had his mri this morning. It took quite sometime to start the Iv as they couldn't find a vein.

I scheduled R for a consult with the surgeon who recommended an endoscope soon.

It looks like another storm is headed our way Wednesday. I sure hope the weather isn't too bad Friday when we travel to to see The lung doctor.

Respected Contributor

I am leaving for choir practice soon but will post first. I did play cards this morning and am feeling so much better 

it is another beautiful day here..love it.

nothing to much exciting..I cleaned the laundry room storage yesterday..v never looks at that kind of thing..organization is not one of his strengths..lol.. need togotgrough both bathrooms also. 

Linda..sorry that Dh is having so much trouble with his eyes. My optometrist sil said the washing the eyelids with Johnson’s baby shampoo can help irtitTed lids....think I mentioned that to you before. Hope you lunch job went well today.

Claudia..did not realize that road t have more tests. It must seem never ending to you. Hope you are able to relax some . (((Hugs)))

enjoy the the rest of your day. I am going to be tired by this evening.

Respected Contributor

Barbara, it's wonderful that you're feeling much better. R is another that cannot organize.

He insisted on bowling tonight but agreed to wear a facemask. Fingers crossed he doesn't overdo.

I shoveled earlier. Tomorrow we may get 6-10" of snow. I'm hoping we get less. The recycling bins are by the door ready to be put out in the morning.

Linda, I hope the tea solution helps DH's eyes.

Knock on wood, Griffyn is much better at coming in when called. Of course all bets are off if he sees neighbors in their yard. He thinks he owns the block.. Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy you are feeling so much better, Barbara.  What did the doctor say yesterday?  DH could organize some things (like his filing cabinet), but he had lots of clutter.  I guess the guys think they can just leave organization to us.

I forgot all about the shampoo, but I tried it today along with the tea.  Not sure if it helped, but at least DH was able to keep his eyes open during dinner.  He was pretty sleepy, so he had his eyes shut much of the time.  I think they may have been using the shampoo on his hair since quite a bit was used up.  Guess I should pick up some more.

I can't believe that R is bowling, Claudia. Good news about Gryff.  Hope the snow is less than predicted.   They are predicting freezing rain, etc. where DD lives.  Perhaps a little snow, but the ice will be a big problem if it happens.

My work buddy didn't feel well, so I ended up doing the salad bar today along with many more things.  The director said she thought it would take more time to tell someone else what to do, so she just left it up to me.  That was fine, but I didn't get out until much later than normal.  There were many extra salad bar people than signed up, so I ran very short on chicken.  On the other hand, there were many fewer for the hot meal.  I guess that is the way it goes.  When I got home (after the gym and visiting DH), his friend called, and we talked for an hour or so.  All good, but I'm running late.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...kind of a very not exciting day...I did go to Wally World to pickup a few staples...I am trying to use what is in the freezer before I buy anything new. 

V is playing bridge...I am going to take the golf cart to dump the recycle stuff. I have some of my friends in the community choir needing help on some parts so will so that Friday afternoon.

my bloodcwaork came back better..my count is going up..but still not close to normal.  So I will continue on the iron.isee my rheumatologist when I am home in March.

so r wanted to bowl...hope that went ok ,Claudia. I am sure he is tired of being sick. Hope your weather is not too terrible.

Linda..sounds like hid eyes were a little better. You were pretty busy at your lunch program. I am definitely enjoying the weather. 

I have 5 bags of clothes to donate..that is ridiculous.

hope you have a good rest of your day. 😘