Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS - Week of February 24

Hope you made it back to Arizona okay, Barbara.  It is sunny and warmer here and should be back to normal temperatures on Tuesday or Wednesday.  Hope that M made it okay.

Also hope all is well with you, R, and the furbabies, Claudia.  I think it is Tippy's job to keep you running.  LOL

I had quite a sneezing spell yesterday evening and took cold medicine which caused me to sleep poorly.  I am better today (took an allergy pill since that may be the issue), but very tired at the moment.  I think I'll take a short nap.

Church was okay as was the gym.  I'm doing a little crockpot cooking at the moment.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS - Week of February 24

We got the forecast wind this afternoon but I certainly wasn't expecting snow too. Tippy just came in coated with snow. Griff was too but with his white fur you can't see it.

I'm trying to decide which airline to pick for R's August reunion. Southwest we'd fly out of Buffalo and change planes at BWI. Delta, we'd fly out of Erie and change in Detroit.

I hope you sleep better tonight, Linda. Sneezing sounds more like allergy imo.

I pulled out the crockpot and made cubedsteak with onions and mushrooms. It was ok but not the best I've done since for over a year I didn't do much cooking due to the lack of a kitchen sink. Now the crockpot can be cleaned easily as it fits in the sink.

Barbara, I hope you're back in AZ. I bet you're feeling tired.

Well. It seems I'm on puppy cleanup duty. Smh. She was just out.

Respected Contributor

Linda..thanks for starting the thread..I was back in Az by 2 but v took us out to eat and then I wanted to unpack and ended up talking to all 3 kids....

there is still a lot of snow now on the mountains ..but it will be warm enough by the middle of the week to melt it.

i bought some hemp cream from Amazon that is the recommended therapeutic strength and it works very well. I am calling my dr tomorrow about the reduced amount of meds in my injections.

Linda hope you are having allergy issues and not a cold.feel better.

Claudia..Southwest has been having a lot of problems with their planes..as you know I only fly Delta...I think their service is very good.  Good luck with cleanup duty..lol

sleep well. 💜💜

Respected Contributor

good morning...or afternoon..how time flies when we are having fun. Lol

we have been discussing the possibility of moving here full time. It is very expensive to have 2 homes...I have talked to m about moving to Az ..need to do a lot more thinking about things.

i spent some time working on the grout...I cannot do too much at a time because then I cannot move for a while. But it should be done by Weds at the latest.

and that is the extent of my exciting life here..lol

how is your day going ????🥳🥳

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck on the grout, Barbara -- what formula do you use to clean it?  I need to do my grout again, and soon. 

Making a decision to live in Arizona full-time is probably not easy.  Good luck on that as well.  In our case, one house or the other was empty when we went back and forth, so it wasn't as difficult to decide that the expense was just too much.  You still have to keep the other place at a certain temperature and pay for water and sewer, pay taxes, keep up the house and lawn, association and recreation dues, etc.  At least you have M staying in MN when you are in Arizona.  Wonder how she would feel about moving.  Would you need to find a different house/neighborhood so that Syd could live there full-time?  Big decision to say the least.

I'm guessing you will probably want to spend the hotter months elsewhere, but you have several time-shares, etc. that would make it easier.  Many people who live here "full time" go away for two or three months in the summer.

Hope your weather is okay, Claudia.  I guess it will take time to get back into cooking a lot now that you have your kitchen back.  Your furbabies certainly keep you busy.

I still don't know if I have a cold or allergies, but my nose is very runny today.  It is warmer and sunny so I think I'll take a walk soon.  Strong bones class was fine, and grief group was pretty good -- we had a different leader, but he is a nice man.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I saw Louis is having a Q2 special top and matching scarf.  I don't need either one, but I'm pretty tempted by the scarf.

Respected Contributor

Linda..I use grout ease..on Amazon..

I am pleased with the results.

m and syd would have to get their own place here. We like our community too much to move.  There are many things to think through.

Respected Contributor

2 houses is a big expense, Barbara. Just look at all the pros and cons.

Still considering airlines. SW would get us there mid afternoon. Delta would get us there after the reunion registration closed for the day and we could miss the excursion the next morning without the tickets.

I also prefer having longer than 50 minutes between planes. I don't know which is better for changing planes- Detroit or BWI.

We not only had wind last night, we had snow. There were lots of power outages in the northern part of the county. Luckily there were none in town. I shoveled late morning but not that wind was still wicked.

Linda, the big deal is tempting but I'm not sure how many times I'd wear them. There's also matching necklace and earrings. Sorry your cold or allergies are still a problem.

Tip learned to climb on to R's rocker recliner. I caught her with the cellphone and quickly put it up. Now R's searching for his pocket knife.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon.. we had a short, fun visit from vs youngest brother and wife who are on their way home from Palm Springs and Sedona.

i crashed my body this morning...told v I am very stiff from the pain from my disease...stiffness is another characteristics, that I am walking in a way that throws me off balance easily.....so I am going to use me cane for a while. Argghh

Linda..sorry that you are not feeling well.  Funny thing. I have found Vick’s vapor rub to help me a lot with colds.. rest up..chicken soup is good also.

Claudia..Detroit is huge...consider using wheelchairs if you choose that.  I can see Tipton rs chair..Pepper is on my lap snoozing.  You have some yukweather.

sleep well 🧧🧧

Esteemed Contributor

Just saw a prediction for very cold weather in much of the country in early March.  Hope that it is not too bad in your area, Claudia.  I would not like to be late to arrive at my destination nor to have a brief time to change planes.  Hope you are happy with whichever you decide on.  Also hope Tippy doesn't get into too much trouble.

Very sorry you are so stiff, Barbara.  Using the cane is a good idea.  I made a quick Walmart run to buy more medicine, chicken soup, and facial tissues.  I'm so disappointed that I could not make it to my friend's husband's 90th birthday celebration.  But, I am sure that I am contagious as well as not feeling very well.  I didn't think of the Vick's, Barbara.  Maybe next time I go to the store.

Hope you love the scarf you ordered.  I think they are extremely pretty.  Definitely not a need, but...... I wonder how M will react to the idea of moving to AZ and getting her own place.  Would she still be able to work for the same company since she mostly works at home?  Nice that you like your neighborhood so much.  Thanks for the information on the grout cleaner.  I'll probably order it when I feel better.

I may have a volunteer hospice job for Saturday, but I am waiting for a return call.  If I don't hear from them, I will try again.

Hope you feel better, Barbara, and both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Third possibility is American which would change planes in Charlotte with an hour layover. That is the most expensive though. SW leaving Buffalo to BWI to Louisville has the best layover time. Delta leaving Erie to Detroit to Louisville only has 51 minutes.

I hope R doesn't change his mind and decide that we'll drive.

Barbara, sorry you are so stiff just now. A cane should help. I agree with you about the Vicks. It does seem to help. I also take a spoonful of raw honey a couple times a day when I have a cold.

Linda, it's a shame you weren't able to go to the 90th birthday celebration. No sense going though when you're sick. You're better off staying home and resting.I

Tip is very pleased that she can get in the recliner. One of the last photos I have of TT shows him in R's recliner.  Tip also peers around the refrigerator which sends Griff scurrying for his food and grumbling. Just like TH would do.

I do hope the prediction of very cold weather next month is wrong. I'm ready for spring.