Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of February 16

So sorry about your fall, Barbara.  Unfortunately, I have had some of those falls myself.  I'm sure RA makes it worse.  Do take the walker out with you and take it as easy as possible today.  That is great news about how M has stepped up to help with the house.  Hope that the sale goes smoothly.

Not sure about DGS' fiance working after marriage, but I certainly hope so.  Also hope she isn't too demanding.  

I find the happiness class interesting -- quite a few things I have thought of before, but some new.  Always good to have reinforcement.  

When we first started working together and for several years after then, my work buddy was seeing a psychiatrist and taking medication (for bi-polar disease).  Eventually, her doctor said that she had been misdiagnosed, and she happily gave up the medication and visits.  I am concerned that she needs help now (perhaps talk therapy or something), but I am afraid to make the suggestion since she doesn't seem receptive to suggestions like perhaps you should go to the doctor for your pain or whatever.  It is weighing on me, but I am not ready to do anything at this point. 

My yoga class went okay -- that is I didn't break anything, LOL, and I had nice conversations with the ladies on both side of me.  One lady (who comes with her husband) and I have been talking about things after class for a few weeks -- comparing notes on our volunteer work (she works with horse rescue but used to do hospice work).  The lady on the other side told me that her mother lives in the area -- 92 years old -- and is very active (goes to exercise classes three times a week).  She said she was content to stay home with her quilting projects, but her Mom told her to get out and socialize.  I thought that was pretty funny.

I read in the paper about the accident that held me up the other day, and it was very frightening.  The man I saw being put in the ambulance was a pedestrian a couple years older than me crossing the street hit by a car and seriously injured.  I cross the street there often since there is a signal and a mailbox on the other side of the street.  I do watch for cars turning right and left (not paying attention to me in the crosswalk), but yikes!

Interesting about the vet wanting Tip to be on medication for the rest of her life, Claudia.  Hopefully, it isn't something serious.  That was a funny comment R made.  I guess it is on his mind, and he just threw it out there.  

Hope both of you, your husbands, and furbabies are okay and sleep well.  I want to get out for a walk in this lovely weather.

Hugs.

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad you didn't break anything and hope you were close to home when you fell. I'm glad M has been so much help. She's really stepped up with all these changes.

As you well know I've done my share of falling. R did ok at bowling today but was tired afterward. He also hasn't been using his c-pap machine consistently. Every time I think of his comment to the doctor I laugh. He really had no filter. What he thinks comes out of his mouth.

I haven't spoken to the vet yet. Soon I'll have to see about more medicine for her and will see what I can find out in person. 

Glad your yoga class went ok, Linda. That certainly was a bad accident you witnessed. I'm glad you're cautious in crossing there.  It's difficult to know what's the best thing to do regarding your work buddy. Maybe for now wait and see.

When we went to R's bowling I noticed the hazard lights were blinking on a neighbor's vehicle. His wife has a lot of difficulty moving around so I thought maybe he went back in the house to help her. However they were still on when we came home. Before I left again for errands I went over to tell him. He had no idea they were on. At least the battery didn't run out.

I stopped at Tractor Supply for cat food as the brands I use were on special. Buy one bag and get the second half price.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...it is a lovely day..I was just out with Pepper, enjoying the fresh air.

pepper did not get groomed, it was rescheduled for Monday . One of the groomers did not make it in.

I have not accomplished a lot today but that is okay. 

I hope everyone is having a good day. 💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  It has been lovely here as well, Barbara.  Sorry Pepper could not go to the groomer.  I think it is a good idea for you to take it nice and easy.  Hope V is doing okay.

As you may have read on the other thread, I didn't go out to lunch as expected today, but I am going out tomorrow with a different group.  I went to a Caregivers meeting, and then to the gym. 

One of the ladies at the caregivers meeting had such a sad story.  Her husband (90 years old) has been dealing with dementia for many years, and she placed him in assisted living and then a nursing facility, but had to move him to a less expensive place after his long-term care insurance ran out (four years).  She also had to move out of the very nice apartment they had in the continuing care community to a rental apartment. She had given money away to family and been ill herself, plus had to pay for her husband's care, and they told her she needed to move out since she wasn't following the guidelines that let you live there even after your money runs out.  I don't know all the rules, but she was very unhappy to move, but knew what she was doing when she gave away the money.  Once the apartment sells, she will get back 70 percent of the money she put down when they moved in, which is a good thing since she is $200 a month down every month between her apartment and her husbands care.  Yikes!  

Some of the others had sad stories as well.  Fortunately, there were some happy moments at the meeting.  

One of the regulars at the gym needs surgery to remove a bladder tumor. They don't know if it is cancerous yet, but he will be out-of-action for a while after the surgery.

DD said that "Army" DGS and his friend have identified several possible apartments (2 bedrooms, 2 baths), and his friend wants her to help him with a budget after he gets his first pay from his new job.  She offered to help oldest DGS with budgeting, but he said he has it covered.  So, she isn't pressing.  

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.  On my walk yesterday, I ran into a lady walking with two small dogs.  They were barking and growling at me, and she said it was because I was wearing a hat.  I took the hat off, and they were licking my hand.  Apparently, one of them had trouble with a police officer (no clue what trouble), and is upset by hats and uniforms.  Really something.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

R is at bowling and I've been catching up on my shredding. It fell by the wayside first with the dislocated shoulder then with the bathroom remodel. It looks like I can start the taxes. I have all the info needed except interest earned on my state credit union accounts. I went from paper to online and looking online I don't see any totals so will have to go through the online statements - tomorrow.

I also went through my shoes and weeded out the ones that are uncomfortable so I have a bag of good shoes and clothing to donate. Our folding Little Giant ladder has been in the attic since R used it to check out possible leaks. He couldn't figure out how to get the hand rail down. When I took a bin of clothes up I decided to try. Finally have enough strength in my hands to get the rail down so I could fold it up. Then maneuvered it down the 2 sets of stairs - very carefully I must add.

I'm glad you're taking it easy, Barbara. Soon I will need to schedule the dogs for grooming.

It was sunny here but only in the 20's.

Funny little dogs, Linda. I'm glad they settled down once you removed your hat.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...I made a grocery run in an attempt to get some food I might eat...stress and the infusion medication has destroyed my appetite. So I picked up some salmon afor tonight and will make bar-b-quad beef in the crockpot for the weekend.

i did go to church choir last night. Because I am a good sight reader of music, I had no problems. 

Sydnie can gradually get out of her boot...so she will be able to dance.she will have to be very careful and wear a good ankle brace.

V is feeling good..he is returning to his normal activities.

Linda, I read that dgd got her hearing aids..hope she finds them useful. Enjoy your luncheon today.

Claudia, I need to go through my clothes and remove items that are too big for me. I wear a lot of leggings and tunic tops..hope all of the fur babies are good.

enjoy your day..it is in the 70s here.💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad you got some groceries, Barbara, and I hope you can eat more.  Good news about Syd -- hope she is careful and can get back to dancing.  Great V is back to normal activities, and you were able to go to choir.  I know DD has gotten rid of a lot of her bigger clothes.  I remember DH keeping his "fat pants" just in case.  I thought it was pretty funny because he wasn't ever fat when I knew him.

The hospice patient I never got to meet is actively dying.  I am sure glad I got another patient.  I fear his wife will have an extremely difficult time with his death.  I hope she accepts help and counseling.

Also hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.

The lunch was interesting.  We ended up talking a lot about travel, and I got some more tips about companies/trips to avoid and to try.  Since I already have three trips planned for this year, I am not planning anything other than day trips, but it is good to know for the future.

Made it to the grocery stores and Wal Mart, but couldn't get everything I wanted.  The stores were extremely busy.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Great minds think alike, Barbara. We had salmon for supper tonight also. I bet Sydnie is happy not to wear the boot all the time. I hope everything heals well. I know you enjoy choir so I'm glad you were able to go. It's great V is back to his usual activities.

Since today was sunny and the roads were bare I drove up to the vet for more medicine for Tippy. I didn't want to put it off till I ran out. I then went on to Wegmans for groceries.

Several packages arrived today. I discovered the invoice/label came off my order of folding storage containers. I received the invoice/label for my order of folding storage containers but no containers. We also received someone's Amazon order. Not even the same town. I took that over to the post office and showed them the invoice/label for the package I didn't receive. I have little hope of getting it as there is nothing in the box now to say where it was going. I also contacted customer service here at the Q.

Linda, I hope your DGD's hearing aid works well for her. Your lunch sounds fun. It's good to know what your companies to avoid. Wegmans was busy when I was there. I was surprised when I went to check out that the line was not long.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is a dreary,mrsiny day that my bday is not liking at all. V is cleaning the floors for me. I have split pea soup in the crockpot. 

I plan on doing minimal today...Linda, we are enjoying the sling streaming very much. I have Netflix and amazon prime so there are a lot of choices. We still need to figure out the antenna for local stations.

Linda..good luck in finding an outfit for dgs wedding.i have a long black skirt and white lace top that is my go to for anything dressy. I got my mom susan graver peachskin for both of my kids weddings. She had to wear a brace so only wanted pants. 

Claudia...I had a long chat with the owner f the Great Pyrenees...Pepper is hilarious..she wants to play with him..and of course, he ignores her. Lol.

Hope everyone has a good day. I am being a vegetable today. 🤪

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry about those package deliveries, Claudia.  What a bummer to wait for things and then they don't arrive.  Glad you got Tippy's medicine, and hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay today.

I know this weather is much better than most other places, Barbara, but the clouds and rain are not my friends either -- more mentally than physically, but some aches come out in this weather.  Good thing this weather is the exception rather than the rule here.

As you may see on the other thread, today I had no luck in finding something for the wedding.  I have a couple of things I guess I could wear, but I would prefer getting something more formal/nice in an appropriate color and style.  I have a very old Susan Graver lace tank and jacket set that I could pair with a long skirt (which I would need to purchase), but it is red, and I would prefer some other color.  And, I have a Linea royal blue sequin knee-length skirt, but I would rather have a longer skirt.  I'm sure it will work out fine, but.....  I think a lot of little dogs would like to play with big ones who are not at all interested.

I did get a box of Girl Scout cookies.

My SIL sent an e-mail saying they are checking her references, so no new job yet.  I e-mailed my work buddy, and she said her husband is healing (hurt his shoulder), and her mental state is much better.  I was happy she brought it up (I did not), and is better.

Guess I should get back to "work" (laundry and cooking) now.  Take it easy, Barbara and feel better.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- glad you are liking sling, Barbara.  I am very happy with my new set-up.  Get more channels that I like to watch than with cable at a much lower cost.  I think you will find the antenna easy to install when you get around to it.