Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of February 14

Good Morning!  Hope you are keeping warm, Claudia.  Between the cold, snow, and ice, I would be one unhappy camper if I were still living in Maryland.  As it is, we are having warm and sunny weather.  How are your furbabies doing today?

Imagine you are having fun with your company, Barbara.  Hope to see more pictures on Facebook.

DH has a dentist appointment this morning, and I plan to go to the grocery store and take a walk.  Nothing exciting.

Hope both of you have a very nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of February 14

Linda...thanks for starting a new week . Amie and the girls left a while ago. We had a great visit but I am exhausted...my joints are on fire, so I need a rest day. I have towels and sheets washing...v said he would do the floors and bathrooms.

the girls liked the Renaissance fair especially the jousting tournament. In the many times I have been to one, we never found the time right to get to one. K and m both like horses and these were pretty impressive.

no more company this year. I head home for my medical stuff nextweek hope it is not too cold.

Linda sounds like you had a good visit with dil. It sounds like respite care would be the answer. Those were nice pics you posted.

Claudia, hope you are getting somewhat of a warm up here. It may hit 90 here on Wednesday. 

enjoy ot your day.

Respected Contributor

We have a bit of a warm up today but a storm warning is out for the next 24 hours. 8 -12" of snow is expected. R has a winter rendezvous starting Thursday and is trying to find all his gear. VA dental appointment is Wednesday.

I'm sure you're exhausted after 2 back to back visits,Barbara. I'm not surprised the girls enjoyed the faire. That's a very nice photo of Sydnie you posted.

Linda, I hope the dental appointment went well. Enjoy your warm weather.

Adam is planning to start his trip to Oklahoma the beginning of March.

Respected Contributor

We got our snow- a good 12" of heavy snow. Some kind soul used their snow blower on the main sidewalk. When I went out to shovel I could barely open the front storm door. By the time I cleared the small porch, steps and the walk to the main sidewalk that sidewalk needed shoveled too. R took over for part of the driveway and was surprised the snow was so heavy. Tomorrow is an early morning VA trip if we don't reschedule again.

Respected Contributor

Claudia...the weather looked horrible in your area.,do you have a snow blower that you use?!!! Be careful.

i went to pick up some grocery items and have laundry going. It is going to be 90 today. I have choir this afternoon so no pool today. 

More dance drama.,yesterday was solo dress rehearsal. Sydnies costume is adorable. Unfortunately her dance and Haleys dance are very similar. That is a big non no in thecdance world.,her mom did all those recordings of syds dance, so she could have the same moves.  Last night m overheard her talking to the owners about changing her costume. I know she will end up with one similar to syds.

sydnie is very upset, needless to say. M has an a

pointment yo chat with one of the owners about all that is going on but Syd will more than likely be dancing at a new studio. The gossip is all over the studio about what is going on and Sydnie has a lot of support from the older girls and their mothers.

Linda, hope your volunteer job goes well . 

Have a a good day.

Respected Contributor

Oh what a mess for M and Sydnie, Barbara. I hope they don't follow her to a new studio.

Yes we have a snowblower. It's in the garage. Due to the heavy sonw we can't open the gate. If we could R would have to find a safe path- one with no buried dog toys. Last year we only used it once because he let a hump of snow and ice form across the driveway between the car and gate. Always something.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you will be able to rest a bit this week, Barbara.  I enjoy having company, but they seem to bring a lot of work for me.  Not their fault, of course.  We made it well into the 80's today -- very nice.  They are predicting 90 degrees for tomorrow.  Meanwhile, DD's area was full of ice last night and this morning.  The high school was closed, and the community college only opened at 11:00, which was after DGS' classes.  

That is quite a mess at the dance studio, Barbara.  I hope they can find a solution or M can find a good studio for Syd.  

That is gross about the snow and problems reaching the snow blower, Claudia.  I certainly hope you are able to get out okay tomorrow.  Also hope that Adam's move goes okay.  One of my work friends' son (in his 20's) bought a one-way ticket to Europe, and ended up homeless, robbed, etc.  She ended up paying quite a bit for him to return home.  I know that Adam isn't that dumb, but I certainly hope he finds a good situation in OK.

DH's dental visit went fine yesterday, and his time at day services went well today.  My volunteer job was okay -- no problems.  The boss is expecting, so she was out at the doctors.  The substitute lady (very nice) said she will probably end up working pretty much full time when the baby comes in August.

I took a nice walk after I dropped off DH, and I went to the gym after work, so I am a bit tired.  Fortunately dinner is in the crockpot.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

One good thing about Adam's move is that he will be staying with Whitney and Mike.

I'm glad the dental appointment went well,Linda along with today's volunteer work. It sounds like DD's weather is as bad as ours.

R is at bowling and I hope to watch the Westminster Dog Show. I hear the Great Pyrenees, a 2 year old, won the working group so will be in the finals.

Respected Contributor

Good morning... am having a flare so I will stay at home and try to get myself together.,lol. Infusion is next week.

m had conferences at school for Syd last night and she scored so well on her reading test that she will be in advanced classes next year. No news on the dance drama but I am pretty sure that Syd will be at. A different studio next year.

Claudia...hope the roads are good for your va trip today. I watched the Westminster dog show last night. There were many beautiful dogs.

Linda, it sounds as if dh is hVing some good days. V and I both have handicapped parking cards.,I only use mine when I am having trouble...like today. 

I was thinking about going to the pool but have someone coming out to look at our dishwasher. A piece broke off and he could not get it back on.

i hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

I hope the dishwasher repair is done. Sorry about the flare, Barbara. At least it isn't long till you get the infusion.

Roads were icy today so R rescheduled the dental appointment. Driving 130+ miles round trip on icy roads was not a good idea. If only he had rescheduled yesterday then I wouldn't have gotten up at 5 AM.

Needless to say I hope to go to bed early tonight. I still need to do R's weekly pills plus do the cat litter.