Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of February 14

Linda, I have no suggestions other than those already mentioned. My heart goes out to you and DH. What a cursed disease.

Fingers crossed for DGS' test.

I spent the morning doing errands and my next task is the sun porch. Griff is currently sleeping against the door. My excuse is I'm waiting for him to move. It's close to 60 degrees today.

I realize however much gets done R will instantly clutter things up again probably.

I'm glad you found a washer, Barbara. It's miserable being without. I will have to look for the pictures. I can imagine how excited Syd is.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of February 14

I bought a divided plate for DH to use at day services, and I gave him his lunch there today.  It worked well, which pleases me.  I gave him crackers with peanut butter, a cheese stick, carrots, small tomatoes, and then assorted fruit for dessert.  That is what we usually have for dessert at lunch.  I also gave him a graham cracker, and he ate that okay.  We took a walk, but he was very slow.  I will go for a longer walk in a little while.  

Glad the studio owners are aware of the problem, Barbara.  And, I do hope it works out.  Happy you had so many takers for your group.  My church as two or three sewing/knitting groups, but that is not my thing.  My newcomers group had a "Swedish weaving" group, but I think they now go to a different group nearby.

Good news about the washer.  What brand did you purchase?  My washer is old, but I have decided to wait until it breaks before replacing it.  I do want to have a model in mind -- nothing fancy.

The recent developments have definitely made me think more about finding a memory care place for DH.  Hopefully, that won't be necessary for quite a while (if ever), but things seem to be going downhill fast.  I pretty much decided that I will need to have some relief two or three times a week regardless if he can go to day services.  And, I'll just hire someone if it becomes necessary.  My guilt over the money doesn't trump my need for "me" time.  I know it may sound selfish, but I don't want to end up a wreck.

Glad you have been getting those errands done, Claudia.  DH really doesn't make many messes in the rooms, etc., but it seems like I clean the bathroom several times every day.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda