Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS, Week of December 6th

Good Evening!  Our recreation association just sent out a notice that they anticipated having to close the fitness centers (aka gyms) due to the increase of COVID cases.  Since I have not been to the gym in many months, I am not affected.  But, it is even more obvious that things are not good here or most of the country for that matter.  

Sorry Syd is bored with school, Barbara.  I imagine the teachers are having even more trouble than usual trying to provide the appropriate level of instruction for different students.

I decided to take my walk this afternoon, and it was chilly enough that I wore a sweatshirt.  Quite a few people were out walking, and I put my mask on a couple of times when i couldn't stay far enough from others.

Hope your day went okay, Claudia.  I saw your nice review on Molly's etsy site.  I think she does make beautiful wreaths.

A guy from my homeowners association called last night because there was a deceptive question about trash collection on the recent ballot.  There are multiple trash collectors here, but some want to pick just one.  It is a very long story, but I never cease to be amazed at how some people just seem to want to argue about everything.  Life is way too short.

Nothing at all exciting to report.  I did a little more cleaning today, but I am afraid that is a never-ending job.  Much rather be reading or cooking.  I had ordered some TSV pajamas last month, and they arrived today.  They are pretty, but a little too big. I decided to keep them since they will work for my purpose (keeping warm in the evening before bed), and maybe I will gain back some weight so they fit better. 

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

@LindaLatte 

Would you mind sharing the name of your friend’s Etsy store please? I am shopping for a wreath.

Thank you 

Respected Contributor

Shortly before loading up Griffin for his trip to the groomer I cut of his scarf. Much to my horror I found I cut his collar too. Smh. It was one mad dash to Tractor Supply for a replacement collar. Tip threw a tantrum when I took Griffyn and not her. She goes next week.

Tomorrow we are going to the VA urgent care for R's back. The weather should be ok. If we went locally wed end with a deductible if the VA didn't pay.

No cleaning got done as I was going back and forth to the groomer and when home was too tired.

I'm not surprised Syd is bored with school.  I imagine there's not a lot of curriculum enrichment right now.

I'm sad but not surprised that Q is dropping the Linea line. I think it's a mistake on their part. I have bought very little besides Linea the past few years. Just more bad news in year that is unlike any other.

Linda, is it memories by Mollie?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh no, I hadn't heard that they were dropping Linea.  You are right, Claudia -- another 2020 bad thing.  I wonder if there will be a way to buy things directly from him.

Hi The Etsy store is Memories by Molly J. I think it is not separated by spaces, but I am not sure.  She is actually my oldest grandson's wife.  Hope you find a wreath you like. 

Just saw your nice review, Barbara.  Thanks. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you @LindaLatte 

Respected Contributor

the sun has not come out so a little gloomy out there. I am working on my plastic bag mat for the homeless..and a hat for one of my friends. My hands will not let me do very much at a time. I have several books on my kindle to read.

I really like the Linea items I have...I don't get q on our streaming network and do not miss it.

Linda..we have friends in our community in Az who have gone into complete isolation.I have not been out since we got home..but will have to next week.lol. Our community just changed management and we have a number of new people who like to stir the pot. Some folks are like that.

Claudia..Hope yiur trip to urgent care can find some relief for rs back. Yikes to cutting Griffins collar.

when I reread this, my writing is a little disjointed. Brain fog. 😝😝

have a good day.🎄🎄

Respected Contributor

re syds school..She is in honors or ap classes except for cook8ng. These classes are meant to be more challenging and from what I have heard this week, they are not at this point.  😣😣

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Hope urgent care could help R, Claudia.  He certainly has a ton of medical issues/appointments.  It is a shame about the collar, but sounds like something that I would do.  Always happens when I am in a hurry.

Glad you are able to do some work on the mat and the hat, Barbara.  Hope you don't overdo things.  Our weather is nice again, but a little cooler than I like.  It will probably be fine on my walk which I plan to take soon.

I saw Louis did a three-year remembrance for Jac that was posted on FB.  They certainly had a wonderful love story. 

To be honest, I don't watch much Q programming since many things they sell are not the least bit interesting to me.  Also, some of the hosts just turn me off.  On the other hand, I can watch Leah and some of the others despite not being interested in what they are selling.  Go figure.

This neighbor vs. neighbor thing is getting more and more difficult to take.  I have "muted" quite a few people on the Next Door site because it seems that is all that they want to do.  

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

We drove to the VA urgent care this morning. It was chilly and rained but the roads were clear.our area had no snow but as we got closer to the medical center and urgent care there was snow. We left later than R intended because he forgot about it. I was relieved there were not many patients there. I could not go in of course. Part of the time I went to the Wegmans nearby. Cat litter and cat food was in short supply but I picked up some of each. I get the boxes of 32 cans and give the ferals a mix of dry and canned. i also took advantage of the restroom as i had no access at the VA. When I got back to the VA parking lot I had to wait an additional 45 minutes or so for R. other times the wait as been up to 4 hours or more. 2 hours wasn't bad. It seems R cracked a rib when he fell at camp. Smh. Trips over a log and gets cellulitis, falls in the mud and has to crawl to a tree to stand up, and now misses the chair and cracks a rib.

I certainly am glad I was able to quickly replace Griffin's collar. I was trying to avoid cutting any fur and just thought I'd doubled over the scarf fabric.

I'm very glad Louis and Jac's good friends were able to be with him today.

I haven't watched the Q in several years. I just check online. R usually is watching a program so I got out of the habit.

Our local Next Door site isn't very active. I'd mute the arguing parties too.

Barbara, I'm glad you can do some work on the mats and the hat. Just take it easy.

Shortly after we got home the an ambulance arrived at our neighbor across the street just after her granddaughter and husband hurried over (they live next door to us and have Jinx). The neighbor is the one who previously had several strokes. Since the ambulance left with flashing lights I presume she went to the hospital.