Respected Contributor

Re: : REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS, Week of December 6th

it is finally sunny and maybe 50 today. I hope it stays that way for a while. I think all of the traveling finally hit me today..I have a large heated throw that I am using and it helps. 

V picked up our grocery order...I forgot m had stocked on baking supplies so some flour and sugar may go back with us..lol.

We are wearing masks here whenever Syd and m are around...need to do that until a week from tomorrow.

Linda..Mn has a full mask mandate, including when one is outside and cannot socially distance..m takes one with her when she walks pepper in case anyone gets close to her. I do not understand the pushback on these health measures. Have you heard how your sil did with her COVID diagnosis?..

I heard on the news that people with comprised immune systems may not be able to get the COVID vaccine. I will consult with my rheumatologist when I see him in 2 weeks.

Claudia..I go to the dentist every 6 months...I am lucky to have good teeth..vs are terrible. M said she is going to call to get pepper groomed this week. Hope r gets some relief for his back.

Stay safe..🎄🎄🎄

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS, Week of December 6th

Hope R's back is better today, Claudia.  I think dogs need to be groomed more often than I have my hair done.  LOL  

I'm not surprised that the driving has hit you today, Barbara.  Hope you feel stronger soon.  I was wondering about the vaccine myself.  Not that I am allergic, etc., but I am not sure about DGD.  As you may have seen on the other thread, she had her first treatment today, and it helped with her headache.  DD said it could take more than a year of treatments for her to be headache-free, but I think it is worth it for her.

I thought I mentioned that my SIL felt much better and planned to go back to work this week (maybe yesterday).  I am sure that she will be tested before she actually works, but she was feeling fine so perhaps is over it.

For several months, I have been carrying a mask when I take my walk, but I only put it on if I am too close to others.  And, that has happened a few times.  I know some people wear masks all the time when they are walking, and I usually put mine on when I see them (even when we are not close) since I want them to feel more comfortable.

I told my hairdresser about the man who questioned my wearing a mask, and she said I should just have kept walking or given him the finger (that would be a no).  I never think of something like walking away or having a smart retort until later. Oh well......  People are still fighting it out on the neighborhood website.  Most of us are older, but some are just "set in their ways".

Interesting that all three of us go to the dentist every six months.  While the hygienist didn't push, her question did get me thinking.  I would certainly like to avoid paying for an extra cleaning every year.  

Glad your weather is pretty nice, Barbara.  Today was nice, but they are talking about rain and much cooler weather starting tonight.  I need to figure out what to wear when I go to the grocery store in the morning and do my hospice deliveries in the afternoon.  Hopefully, the rain will have stopped before I do the deliveries at least.  But, we sure need the rain.  I have put together a Wal Mart pick-up order for Sunday afternoon.  Depending on what I find at the grocery store, I will add or subtract.  Hope you find a good use for the flour and sugar, Barbara.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad the heated throw helps you, Barbara. I have one and have used the past 2 days. It's in the low 30's here and pretty dreary.

While cleaning up the yard the handle to the scooper broke off. It was plastic. Good thing I had a backup just in case and that handle is metal.

I tried a meatloaf recipe tonight from a FB site called one dish kitchen and it turned out well. The serving size was enough for 2. I'm trying to get away from fixing food for 4.

Linda, that's great the treatment helped your dgd's headache. I hope she is eventually headache free.

I'm another who doesn't think of a good comeback until later.

Glad to hear your sil feels much better.

Respected Contributor

it is sunny and still nice out..I think the weather is going to change in the next week. The area we drove through last weekend is having dicey weather now.

Sydnie did her online school with us today..it was interesting to say the least. I do understand how many kids are struggling with it. V3 said it is the most difficult teaching he has ever done.

Linda..we opened the wreath last night and it is quite lovely. I bought a hangar and it is on the front door. Hope yourvday has gone well

Claudia..I find it hard to cook for 2. Thank goodness v will eat leftovers. Now I get to plan all of the meals here. 

Linda..glad dgds headaches are better.

enjoy thecrest of the day. 🎄🎄

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you like your wreath, Barbara.  Cooking for 2 isn't easy.

Well I guessed it was coming - effective Saturday through January 4th, restaurants are closed for in person dining, no school extracurricular activities or sports, theaters closed, stores are limited and indoor groups of more than 10 people (outdoor 50).

R had a vision exam. Instead of 30 minutes it was 90. Stubborn man did not mention his back pain. He thought it was better. Then it acted up at home. I can see the bruising and he seldom bruises. R also inquired about the imex test results and the clinic never received them. Smh.

Griffyn gets groomed tomorrow. The weather should be ok.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you like the wreath, Barbara.  I really feel sorry for the teachers and students who have to adapt to all these new procedures -- in person/hybrid/remote -- yikes.  I know a lot of adults cannot handle Zoom classes like I have for OLLI, which is a shame.

Hope the weather doesn't get too bad in your area.

That is too bad about all the closures/changes, Claudia.  I'm not surprised given the great increase in cases, but still not fun.  I hope R gets some answers, and his back is better soon.  Good luck with the groomers tomorrow.

As you may read on the other thread, I had a pretty busy day between going to the grocery store(s) and making hospice deliveries. 

The big news is that it looks like second DGS is going to ask his girlfriend to marry him, and she will probably accept.  They have already talked about it, and she doesn't want any sort of big wedding.  That is just as well given the pandemic.  

DD is pressing him to re-enlist with the reserves since there are some good benefits, and it would help him retain his classification.  Not sure what he thinks about the idea.  DD said that the girlfriend does not want children, but I'm hoping she might want some later (she is 23).  I think DGS would be such a good Father.  I know, I am getting ahead of myself, but.....

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, R was in the reserves for a bit over10 years and it was a nice extra income. Of course there was little chance then he'd be activated. Your DGS might want to take out the service members grouplife insurance if he doesn't reenlist. When you are discharged you have a limited period of time to get it and the rates are very good. R regretted not getting it. Adam has it currently.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Claudia.  I passed the information on to my grandson.  

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..nothing exciting for the day...listening to online school is very interesting. All I can say is these classes are not very demanding for being honors and ap. I can understand why she is bored.🧐🧐

Linda..dds house will be emptier . I am happy for dgs upcoming engagement. Sounds as if you were very busy yesterday.

Respected Contributor

I got interrupted so to continue on...

I am watching the rising COVID numbers in Az...and the large numbers of deniers.

Claudia..your numbers are going up also..hope r is feeling better.

please stay safe...I am hibernating.🎄🎄