Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS, Week of December 6th

Good Afternoon/Evening.  I am still running behind, but I'm sure I will do what needs to be done eventually.  I have done my Leslie Sansone DVD and plan to go for a walk soon.    

I heard from Bev that their church service was back on-line, but the main priest is still not back.  Hope he is okay.  The lady who wanted my battery operated wreath picked it up right on time, which was good.  Later, I discovered two people were offering to sell battery operated wreaths,so getting it for free was probably a good motivator.  Another lady was my "back-up", so maybe she will buy one of those for sale.

I realized the box my grandson's wife used for shipping the wreath was a bit large for storage, so I decided to purchase a storage container on Amazon.  I am certainly buying a lot of stuff lately -- some food items that are new for me, but lots of other stuff for me or others.  Oh well, some are birthday gifts and it is the season, and I won't buy so much to put myself in the "poor house" as my Dad used to say.  

It is warmer here today, and should be even warmer tomorrow. That makes me happy.

Hope you aren't overdoing things today, Claudia.  Also hope R is okay.  What are your furbabies up to today? 

I imagine you are a bit worn out from your travels, Barbara.  Hope you and V are doing okay, and the roads haven't been too bad.

Just had a call from an old colleague of mine wishing me happy birthday in advance.  She is living with her husband in the Boston area now, and isn't in great shape (physically).  But, her mind is quite good.  

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS, Week of December 6th

I picked R up this morning then picked up replacement cordless phones. After getting home and doing things I was too tired to pull furniture out and hook them up. Tomorrow is another day.

I'm glad your wreath was picked up timely, Linda. how nice to receive a call from a former colleague.

Just before bedtime last night I learned we had 3 Covid deaths last week. Previous we only had one death from March until last week. When I picked up the cordless phones at WM I saw several people with no mask.

Tippy is very happy R is home. It was 28° when I left to pick R up.

Barbara, hope you are doing ok with your trip.

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday, Linda!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Claudia,

Respected Contributor

happy birthday, Linda🎶🎶🎂🎂💖💖. I hope you had a happy day.

I was too tired at night to post, but we are safely at ms home. The weather was good..cold at times..the roads were excellent.

we have to wear masks in the house to quarantine for a week or so.

will post more tomorrow

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Barbara.  Glad you made it okay and the roads were good.

I have had a pretty busy day with my OLLI class, and my dental appointment.  Originally, it was for Thursday, but they asked me if I could come today.  

And, I am about to go out to pick up a special dinner.  Already bought a piece of cake at Safeway for dessert.  And, I also got my free Starbucks drink.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Enjoy your special dinner and Starbucks drink, Linda. Your flowers are beautiful.

Barbara, I'm glad your trip was uneventful. I thought you probably were too tired to post. A long drive such as yours is very tiring.

R needs to call VA dental tomorrow. It appears another tooth broke off. Tomorrow he sees his hip surgeon locally for a final check.

Worse virus news locally. It was reported today we had 58 additional cases in 24 hours. I will be trying to do curbside delivery wherever possible.

I moved furniture and replaced the downstairs cordless phones in the living room. Everything is working.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is nice not to have a long car ride today. I am glad that I brought extra clothes home because I did not have what I thought I had here. I need to check the extra closet in the basement. 

pepper was very excited to see us..she looks like a mop..is in desperate need of grooming..lol.

Sydniewas very chatty last night...basically telling us about all that has happened since we were last her. She is now taller than me so she has to be over 5.9...that will bode well for potential modeling when things get better.

Linda..those flowers were gorgeous. I haven't opened the wreath box..itis in ms office so will do it after she is done today.. what did you have for your special dinner?.

Claudia..be careful with the virus numbers going up. I am creating a grocery pickup order. Poor r with his tooth. V breaks teeth very easily.

enjoy your day..I do not feel too bad considering all the driving for the last 3 days.

🎄🎄🎄

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope R's hip check goes well, and he gets a dental appointment, Claudia. 

I'm sure it is just a coincidence, but DH had those types of teeth issues as well.  My Dad had good teeth, and mine are pretty good, especially compared to my Mom and brother.  I really liked the dental hygienist yesterday, and she assured me that I can have her next time.  I only go to the dentist every six months, but I think people with my gum/teeth issues are "supposed" to go every four months.  Do either of you go that often?  I don't like spending the extra money, and so far, so good.

Glad no driving for you today, Barbara.  Syd is really shooting up there.  That should be good for modeling when things open up.  I need to get started on a grocery pick-up order myself.

DH's DD agrees with my DD's guess that the flowers came from DH's friend, Frank who calls me every so often.  And, I think he is probably the most likely candidate because other possible people simply don't have the money and/or really didn't know DH that well.  Frank is a strange guy, but I know that he has a big heart, which he manages to hide by nasty rhetoric.  I know that DH and he used to have long conversations where they disagreed about almost everything.  But, he was extremely kind to DD after his first wife died.  

Dinner was good, but a bit confused.  They don't have a working website, and I didn't want to go in to look at the menu.  So I picked a chicken dish I had for lunch before the shutdown. It came with pasta and a salad, and I ate the whole thing and even half of the big piece of cake  It was pretty sad when I went to pick it up since there were only two tables full, and the waiters were just standing around.  I may consider ordering again to try to help them keep in business.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. V would love the Arizona weather now, Barbara.  But, it is so dry that everyone is really hoping for the rain that may come on Thursday even though it is supposed to be a cold rain.

Respected Contributor

: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS, Week of December 6th

I'm glad you feel pretty good in spite of the long drive, Barbara. I thought Pepper would be beside herself at your arrival. Speaking of mops, I scheduled Griffyn for grooming on Friday.

Linda, I go every 6 months. R managed to get a dental appointment for the 3rd week of January. Fingers crossed the weather won't be too bad.

R's back is still bothering him after his fall at camp. He's to the point where he's ready to call his doctor.

We've gone from bad to worse with 70 cases. Covid ward and icu are full and all 9 ventilators in use. One poor person has been in the er over 24 hours waiting for an icu bed or transfer to the city which can take up to 3 days. No relatives allowed into the er.

Today was cold but no rain or snow. Recycling pick up is tomorrow. Since its been 3 weeks I had quite a bit to put out. Its the 1st and third full weeks of the month which means every so often there's a 3 week gap between collections.