Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 6

Choir was  long..I am sung out...lol.

claudia..hope you do not have to do the entire sink..that would not make me happy either.

linda..I would hope the pt could help with the eating issues also.  Whatever you would like would please me.

there were people at the pool today...not me.

sleep well

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I may a quick run to Wally World...good timing because there was no one there. I needed a few staples like oj and a card for my accompanist. I always give a gift of money.

nothing on the agenda today...the prednisone has really kicked in so I feel very good and have energy. I just need to not overdo it.

i am now working on a cute hat for Sydnie and trying to regain control of a scarf with a difficult pattern. So far n that I have done more ripping than knitting.

i hope both of your days are going well.

more later.

Respected Contributor

I made an Aldi's run this morning as they had a number of Star Wars items. Both Dylan and Bryan are big Star Wars fans. Now I need to box them up and mail them. A little later it was time to take 5 kittens to the vet for their final series of shots. Very easy to get into the carriers I got earlier this year at Aldi's. I kept them out and they play and sleep in them. Rusty, Tig, and Toby have never willingly gone into the carriers. Also they are very quiet in the car. I also scheduled spaying and neutering for January.

Barbara, I'm glad you feel much better and have energy now. Just don't overdo. Frustrating when you have to do more ripping than knitting.

Linda, I hope your day is going well.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you are feeling better, Barbara.  

Nice that the kittens did okay, and you found some things for the kids, Claudia.

It has been a pretty nice day.  DH was pretty out of it this morning, but he improved by the time we left for day services.

I took a short walk after I dropped him off, and then came home just to turn around and go to the tax attorney.  It sounds like the mess can be fixed, not too expensive (thank goodness).  But, I have some work to do.  For one thing, he wants me to get a letter from the doctor saying DH can't handle his financial affairs.  I stopped by the doctor's office, and they will get back to me.  He also thinks I should do some shifting of DH's brokerage accounts (consolidate them), and he thinks I should see a financial planner to see if changes should be made in the investments.  

I don't have one of the deeds that he needs, but the crooked lawyers office said that it just came in, and they will mail it to me.  Basically, the lawyer will reverse the two titles to the other trust, and that should eliminate any worries about the stupid second trust.  It is pretty complicated, but I'm pleased.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  I think this is another VA day for you Claudia.  Hope that goes okay if true.

Also hope you continue to feel better, Barbara.  I'm sure not looking forward to our cooler than normal weekend, but what can you do.

DH was pretty out of it this morning -- very confused, and also seemed upset.  But, I think I have calmed him down now.  At least, I hope so.  

I talked to his DD yesterday evening, and she is all for taking care of things as the tax attorney suggested (seeing a financial adviser, etc.)  I will probably wait to get some more information/papers first.  I would like to have the doctor's note.

I'm taking the car in for a routine oil change, etc. this morning, and I hope to be able to go to the gym after that.  I need milk and a few other groceries, so maybe a brief visit to the grocery store as well.

One of my friends got four free tickets to a preview showing of Downton Abbey this evening, and I'll be going there with her.  I'm pretty happy about that -- love the show, but  bit nervous about leaving DH alone for a couple of hours.  I'm sure he will be okay, but he'll probably sleep the whole time which may result in him being up much of the night.  That is not good at all.

Hope both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We played bridge this morning...and I am going out to lunch with my dear friend from Canada in a little while.  Tonight I have a 3 hour choir practice.

linda, it is good that the tax guy could help you get your mess straightened out...at least it sounds like a doable fix. I was on all of my moms accounts so it saved a lot of hassle plus I had poa for al of her needs.  It is too bad dh is so confused in the mornings...there certainly is an ebb and flow to that disease.

my sil had a rally of sorts...she was able to sit and eat after weeks of having to be spoon fed.  

Hope me you enjoy the downton abbey showing.

we are supposed to have a bit of snow the day we get home to Minnesota.  And the temps will turn colder. V will not like that.

claudia...think you are at. The va today.

enjoy the rest of your day.

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I hope you had an enjoyable lunch. I imagine a 3 hour choir practice will be exhausting but I'm sure the performance will be worth it.

Yes, today was another VA trip. We had lunch after then drove home by way of NY. I had a few things to get at Wegman's then drove a short distance to Aldi's to see if they had the Star Wars pj's. They did. Now I need to package everything and get it mailed. I'll let Whit and Mike decide which is Christmas and which birthday ( both boys have February birthdays).

When we got home we found part of the street blocked. 2 or 3 houses down a very large tree was being cut down in the back yard. Griffyn thought it a very threatening situation that needed to be barked at so we had to hustle him back in the house. The street isn't the widest   so the truck with a lift had quite a time backing out of the driveway.

Linda, I hope you have a very good time tonight. I've enjoyed Downton Abbey the few times I've seen it. Fingers crossed DH won't be up much of the night.

I debated taking a week long Alaskan cruise or doing a week in London. London won out this year as Thanksgiving weekend I got a good deal on plane fare. Around $600 round trip for the two of us. One of the options is a day  long tour to Oxford, then a tour of Highclere Castle and the village where Downton Abbey was filmed.We also want to go back for dinner at The Olde Cheshire Cheese (rebuilt in 1667 after the great fire). I thought the price wouldn't be better down the road and who knows what the world situation will be. Alaska will have to wait a year.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm trying not to be jealous of your trip, Claudia.  Not easy, but..... Hope you have a great time.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. It is much cooler and rather cloudy here.

Claudia, the week in England sounds lovely. I have enjoyed the times we have visited there. When will you be going ????  We have no big trips planned for at least a year.

sydnie will probable get a mini schnauzer from a litter that is due in January. This is the breeder that ms dr recommended. She could have had one from puppies that were born next week but the timing was wrong. Needless to say, she is all fired up. V is not thrilled about the idea of a small yippee dog, but he will get over it. Lol

i need to conserve energy for all of these concerts this weekend. I was pretty tired after a 3 hour rehearsal last night..but once the actual performance starts, I am good.

Linda, hope your day is going well.

i am sad because my dearest friend here has decided to sell. They are from Canada and the exchange rate is not good, so they are losing money. It takes a long time for homes to sell here, however.

i will check back later.

Respected Contributor

I know you will miss your friend a great deal,Barbara. A mini Schnauzer seems a good choice. It may not be much of a barker. I know my parents Boston Terrier wasn't.

I thought you'd be tired after that long rehearsal.

I made reservations for the second week in May through Monograms which is part of Globus so got an added 5 percent plus 10 percent off the city stay. In my situation it's travel while possible. Wish I could do more than one trip a year but can't manage it with the Houston reunion coming up in August. I hope to see more than I did in San Diego.

Linda,I hope you enjoyed last evening.