Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 6

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I could not find our new thread, so I hope this isn't a repeat.

The OLLI party was nice yesterday, and I won the centerpiece at our table which was a cute metal Santa.  My favorite teacher pointed out a ramp which made leaving so much easier than having DH go down the stairs.  He had plenty of trouble going up the stairs.

Church was nice this morning, and I'm headed to the gym soon.

Hope things are going at least okay there today, Claudia, and Griff is keeping out of trouble.  Of course, all the others as well.  Also hope your appliances are working, and R is doing okay.

I imagine you are doing your marathon singing at church today, Barbara.  Hope that went well, and you are feeling okay.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 6

You could not find the thread because I had not started it, linda...lol. Today was communion Sunday so longer than normal church. I have to leave in a half hour for concert practice.

ourdinner was nice last night. Lots of food but for 200 people it was pretty well eaten.

linda, glad you enjoyed your dinner...it is always nice to win something. I am sure a ramp would be helpful for dh. Do you have a handicapped parking tag???? That could be helpful to you.

claudia, hope griff doesn't get into anymore food mischief and that you are having a decent day.

it is very nice here..high in the 70s.

enjoy.

Respected Contributor

A ramp really helps. I'm glad there is one and someone mentioned it , Linda. Good idea about the handicap placard, Barbara.

It's upper 40's here. Much better weather so far than last year. R is home and heard no snow expected till around the 20th.

Congratulations on winning the centerpiece, Linda.

I'm glad both of your dinners were nice.

Griff seems back to normal. Mama cat wants to wash the returned kitten and he wants nothing to do with it.

Tomorrow will be an early day as we leave at 7 for the VA.

Respected Contributor

Happy , happy birthday dear Linda!!!!!🎂🎂🎂🍰

Respected Contributor

I posted the bday wish in case you got on line before I returned from my massage. 

So so I am now home...think we will make a SAMs club run or Costco this afternoon. V discovered a leak in the guest bathroom sink so he is fixing that..or attempting. The house smells because we just had the carport and az room roof rescaled. I will keep the doors shut for a while.

linda, I hope you have a nice day..if I was closer, I would take you out to lunch..we need to do that one day when you can. Maybe next month and would love you to bring dh.

claudia, hope the va is going well. That is a bit of a drive for you.

today will be gorgeous.

i will check back later

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday, Linda!

We left at 7 for the VA and I didn't have a chance to post before leaving. At least we don't go again till Thursday.

I hope V can fix the leak, Barbara. Anything here will have to wait. R is trying to sleep and the hip and knee hurt.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for the birthday wishes.  It has tuned out to be a busy day, which was unexpected.

DH had his PT session, and it was very interesting.  Excellent lady who clearly had experience with dementia patients.  She signed him up for eight sessions (twice a week for four weeks.  We start this Friday.  She also gave me some tips, and I decided it might help to get a chair with arms (and no wheels) so DH could get in and out of his chair a bit easier.  We went to a consignment shop and a thrift store with no luck.  I did find a sweater for him.  We also took a brief walk on the campus where the PT office is (as is the adult day services, etc.)  

Came home and went on the computer when my friend who I have known since we were eight gave me a call.  We almost never talk on the phone, and don't write or e-mail that often, so there was lots to share.  Back in the day, we always talked for at least an hour.  Her son and wife are having another baby boy in April.  I am not sure how old their son is, but my friend said this will probably be her last grandchild.  Her daughter has two girls, and now her son will have two boys.  

My friend is a bit unhappy that her son and DIL will be moving to San Diego this summer.  Her DIL will finish her residency this spring, so she is free to move.  She is a child psychiatrist, so she has been in school for ages.  And, she doesn't like cold weather at all (has some sort of condition), so she wanted to go back to CA where her Mom is living.  Sounds like a good job, but not so great for my friend who lives in Maryland.  Her daughter lives in NJ, and at this point her son and DIL are living in Connecticut.

My friend was telling me about another friend of ours (same age) who had to put her husband in a facility since he has some sort of dementia that also caused him to change personalities.  She was afraid that he might harm her or their son.  Very sad story.  At least DH is usually quite nice.

My phone died twice during her call, and it has not been working well for at least three weeks.  

We went out to lunch at Denny's (my first choice was closed on Monday), and then picked up a few things at Wal-Mart.  I came home and called about the phone -- definitely a problem since the phone cut out, did not work, etc.  Very long story short, they will be coming tomorrow to switch out the modem.  Apparently, this modem is free.  I have a different modem for the computer, etc. 

Hope the sink is working okay, Barbara.  Sounds like a shopping day for you.  I would love to have lunch with you sometime, but it is a bit easier on me if DH doesn't come.  Probably not the nicest thing to say, but.....

Glad you have a few days off before having to go back to the VA, Claudia.  Hope R feels better. 

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I am back from cards and want to post before I leave for choir practice in a bit. It remains very nice here but will be cooler starting Saturday.

m is very upset with dance..she found out Sydnie's competition has some of the same steps. In her dance. I think she is seriously considering moving her to a different place next year.  It is too bad there is so much drama.

linda..sounds like you had a nice birthday. How wonderful to talk to your friend. I hope pt helps dh a lot.  She appears to know how to work with dementia patients. I would take every offer of help.  We can set up lunch for January on a day dh goes to his care place. 

V still Ned's to do some work on the sink but we have others we can use. 

I started my my prednisone today so will feel very good by Friday. We have 2 2 hour concerts on Saturday at church and about 1 hour plus here on Sunday. Yikes.

claudia. Hope r is doing ok. You have told some cute kitten stories.

i will check back later

Respected Contributor

How wonderful you and your friend were able to have a long talk, Linda. It certainly is helpful that the pt  has worked with dementia patients before. I hope  it's a help to dh.

Barbara, that sounds like drama M and Syd can do without.  Good thing you got the prednisone. That's a busy weekend you have coming up.

We may need to tear out the sink and cabinet and replace it. Not pleased about that in the least. I have meatloaf in the oven. I used a foil loaf pan.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about the dance drama, Barbara.  But, I'm glad you started the prednisone before your marathon this weekend.  I'm loving the warm weather, and not looking forward to the colder temps, but....  

I probably should explain -- DH has trouble eating (getting the food into his mouth, sitting down on the chair, etc)., so I end up spending a bunch of time helping him out, which makes my eating a bit less enjoyable.  But, I hate to deprive him of opportunities to go out.  Maybe we could meet on a Wednesday or a Friday if I start him on the extra day next month.  I think the extra day will be Friday.

Very sorry you may need to have the sink removed/replaced, Claudia.  Good idea to use a foil loaf pan.  It is amazing how often you use the kitchen sink.

Work went fine today, and I left a bit earlier than normal since the cable guy was scheduled to come and switch out my phone modem.  I was lucky since I made it home just about the time he arrived.  Very nice man.  Long story short, he not only replaced the phone modem, but he put the internet modem on the new phone modem.  Supposedly, the internet should be a bit faster.  I would not let him leave until the internet was up and running, and that took some time (and he had to call the company), but now all is well.  I should be able to make it to the gym this afternoon, which pleases me.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda