Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 6

Hope the dog works well for you, Barbara.  Not all little dogs are yappers, but my Pomeranian sure was.  LOL  Sorry your friend has decided to sell, I'm sure you will miss her.  I hope you have plenty of energy for your concerts.

That trip certainly sounds good, Claudia.  Based on my experience, I would say travel as much as possible as long as possible.  DH used to love to travel, and that was one thing that attracted me to him.  Now, it is just a dream.  

The show last night was great!  The only problem I had was that it lasted longer than expected, so I worried about DH.  He turned out to be fine -- just napping on the couch.  I think the preview was sponsored by the local PBS station and the facility (performing arts) where it was held.  There were speeches before the showing, including one by a professor who was talking about that time period, etc.  

The audience was totally into the series, and the place was packed.  I don't have much opportunity to go to shows, movies, etc., so it was particularly fun for me being around others and hearing their reactions.  And, when we left, they gave us decorated cups (paper), a coaster, etc. with a tea bag to use when we watched the show -- how cute.

I transferred some money so DD could buy blankets for three of the kids, and she did so well at JC Penney's -- there was a sale, percentage off, etc., and she got three blankets (twin), underwear, and a pair of jeans for DGD.  She was so happy with her purchases.  

DH wasn't doing too well with the physical therapy (marching in place, toe lifts, etc.), but then the therapist put him on a machine (sort of like a stationary bike), which used his arms and legs.  He did quite well on that machine.  And, they have one at our fitness center.  I will try to take him there a couple of days a week so he can use the machine.  Hopefully, he will build up his strength.  He also walked around the facility pretty well.

I sent a long e-mail to his kids about his health and financial stuff, and both were supportive of my plans, which is good.

Hope both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda..I am glad that enjoyed your outing last night...I have enjoyed downton abbey.

sounds like there was something to help dh at pt....as I have said, you are so good to him.

i hope his children are very grateful for all you do.

sounds like dd did a bang up job shopping. My so is going to get syd things for the puppy.  

Sleep weel...I feel like a cold may be coming on...need to get some zinc tablets

Respected Contributor

Linda, it sounds like a great evening. I am so glad your DH did well while you were gone.

It seems like pt can help some. DD got some great buys.

Adam is off to reserve and then hopes to visit friends. R was awake much of last night and is napping in the recliner.

Tomorrow I hope to go to the Methodist church cookie walk and if I get the boxes packed for Whitney and family I'll try to find parking at the post office.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is cool and drippy here. And I have a sore throat and have hours of singing this weekend. So I am babying myself this morning., if my voice is not good, no solo tomorrow.

the dance drama continues. M has decided to sign up syd for some private lessons with another teacher. Syds solo is too easy for her tap ability and her solo teacher will not add harder moves. So it will have to be re choreographed. It will be interesting to see what happens.

we leave Tuesday morning, but there is not a lot to get ready. M took my extra suitcase home which I will retrieve.

if I have time, I will check back later.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry you have a sore throat today, Barbara.  We aren't having nice weather either.  I think it sprinkled over night, but now is just gray, windy, and chilly.    Not my kind of weather at all.  Hope things work out okay with Syd's dance -- sounds complicated to say the least.  Glad you don't have too much to take home on Tuesday.  Hope your trip goes smoothly.

Did you manage to get the cookies, Claudia?  I keep trying to motivate myself to bake, but so far, no luck.  Hope R  slept last night and is in better shape today.

Unfortunately, DH had a fall yesterday evening.  He was trying to sit at the dinner table and fell down to the floor.  He was not hurt at all, but he could not get up.  I decided to give him his dinner on the floor, and see if he would be able to get up, but no luck.  I ended up calling the fire department, and they sent several guys who had no problem in getting him up.  I told him to call me before trying to get up or down since I don't want to have to go through this again.  Not that the fire department seems to mind -- they are extremely nice and understanding, but....

Today is second DGS' 20th birthday -- time sure flies.  He is quite a character, great guy.

DD's granddaughters were interviewed for an article about the Nutcracker in the local paper -- only kids to be interviewed, and both were pleased, especially the girl who just turned nine.  Sounds like a very good production.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope you feel better by tomorrow, Barbara. It will be interesting to see how Syd's dance works out.

I 'm glad the fire department came and got DH up. At least DH wasn't hurt. Happy birthday to your DGS. How time flies.

I did go to the cookie walk this morning and bought 6 doz. assorted plus a wreath for $3. I also got a box at WM to mail the Star Wars items to Whit. The "large" fixed rate box at the post office was a joke. The box I got at WM is 16x16x16" and everything fit. I will need to wait till Monday to mail it.

When R was working on the kitchen sink he sprayed on some kind of rubber sealant to stop a leak thinking the more the better then used a blow dryer. He got some splashed or blown onto my Linea jeans that I was able to get off. At the time I didn't notice some on my black t neck. Found it and since black was still available ordered a replacement. That arrived today. The mailing bag it was in had a slit as did the clear plastic. The only thing that saved that tneck was the tissue type paper between the plastic and the tneck.