Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS Week of December 2nd

Good morning..it is chilly and rainy in la...Sydnie has a Skype session with her acting coach and we will head to the airport.

The rehearsal last night was a disaster..we were in a very small space and people did not follow directions .there was to end one parent and one model.but entire families came. Sydnie will have 3 designers outfits to wear.

our place gets in at 530 and I am to be at rehearsal at 6..think I will be a little late.

glad you like your haircut..I cannot replicate any stylists work either..lol..I am surprised there are nonApplestores close to you..our nearest is about 12 miles away. 

Claudia..good luck at the doctor today. 

Uber worked well for us again...it is much cheaper than a taxi ...

enjoy your day. 🎄🎄

Respected Contributor

Off we went to the VA clinic this morning. The arm swelling is a large hematona. R's doctor was more concerned about the hip ( yes the one that was replaced) and the side pain where one of the scars is for the drainage tube for his lung.

She sent us up to the VA hospital for X-Ray - a 60 mile trip one way. She didn't want to use the local hospital. We managed to get home mid afternoon. The snow started as we headed home. There were some bad spots but it's supposed to be worse this evening. A half hour from home i took over the driving as R was having a difficult time. He insisted on bowling tonight. Smh.

Glad the uber worked well for you, Barbara. I bet you'll be ready to sleep after tonight's rehearsal.

Griffyn ate a bit today. I had to laugh at Maggie. She ran up to Fit z who is much larger than she and stood on her hind legs and acted like she was boxing. Think 5 pounds to his 20. Luckily all the cats put up with her shenanigans.

Linda, I hope your day went well and the morning walk wasn't too chilly.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad Uber worked well for you, Barbara, and I hope things go well with the show.  The rehearsal sounds like quite a mess.

You certainly had a difficult day, Claudia.  I can't believe R is bowling after all that went on today.  Yikes.  Fingers crossed that Griffyn eats more tomorrow.

It wasn't too cold on my walk this morning, thank goodness.  We had a little rain off and on, and now it is raining and cooler.  I was very busy with Caregivers today (lunch, meeting, and coffee), and then I went to the gym.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday, Linda.

Respected Contributor

Happy birthday Linda..🎂🎂🌹🌹🎶🎶

you are one amazing lady , generous of heart and spirit. I read on the other thread about your new volunteer job .  Wish I had the energy and time to commit like that. I hope you have a very good day.

our flight was delayed by almost 2 hours wth 5 gate changes..yikes. We got home about 8 so o missed the rehearsal. Several designers wanted Syd and the head guy told mollie that he may have them go for fashion week in New York.  We shall see.

Claudia..your days with must be exhausting.  Hope his hip is ok.poor griff must be very sad.

off to a community choir rehearsal.

happy birthday, again LindA.🌹💜💜

Respected Contributor

Sorry about the delay, Barbara.  Wow - 5 gate changes. I bet you were glad to get home. Keep us posted on Syd.

R isn't feeling well. We haven't heard back from the VA yet. I just heated chicken broth up. I hope he isn't having lung issues again. He laid down for a bit upstairs and said he felt like he couldn't breathe.  Fingers crossed we don't need to go to VA urgent care. I'll settle for a calm boring weekend.

You certainly have a lot of energy, Linda. Hospice volunteering can be very rewarding.

I picked up a few needed groceries and dropped off an extra raised dog feeder at GoodWill. I hadn't used it since we said goodbye to Bo. TT and Griff's feeders have storage for their food. I'll keep TT's for now as it's storing 30 pounds of food.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Thanks for the birthday wishes.  

Sorry about all those gate changes, Barbara.  Also sorry you missed the rehearsal.  It would certainly be exciting if Syd went to NY for Fashion week.  Hope choir goes well.

Very sorry that R isn't feeling well, Claudia.  Hope you have a boring weekend rather than having to go to emergency clinics, etc.  Glad you were able to donate the dog feeder.

The church lunch went pretty well.  I had a call from Social Security about my appeal for reduced Medicare payments for next year.  I need to fill out another form and estimate income for 2018.  That will be very difficult for me to do, but I'll try.  They will return the death certificate I sent since they already had one.  I knew that they did, but I was just following the rules.  

Hope both of you have a quiet evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning..Sydnie is on a baking frenzy this morning..she wanted to make biscuits ..that took 2 batches because the first ones were not good. Now she is making chocolate chip cookies so she can take some to her mommy on Monday.

i have my church concerts today..2 with a dinner break. I will be gone all afternoon and evening.

my life is crazy right now..but I will have some time to decompress once we get to Mn. 

Our Mioey, Amie’s #2, broke her leg when she fell at school yesterday. She is a very active child, so it is going to be hard for her to have to sit for 6 weeks.

hope you have a good dayL😘😘

Respected Contributor

R is feeling better today thank goodness. We had a bit more snow overnight. I just emailed out the last lease payment for the Impala. We'll turn it in within the month.

R moved his table project into the cellar. I convinced him it was easier to open the gate and take it in the cellar door and down 7 steps. Much better than up 7 steps to the kit Ben then 4 steps to the cellar landing and 7 steps to the cellar.

Paperwork and then more paperwork when dealing with a government agency as we all know, Linda. I would have sent the certificate in too. Better to cross all the t's and dot the i's

I take it that it was Miley who broke her leg, Barbara. It southeast having to sit. I guess winter will be easier than summer. You are definitely due some decompression time.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear about  Miley, Barbara.  Bummer for a kid to have a broken leg over the holidays, but as Claudia said, probably better in winter than summer.  You are certainly very busy these days.  Hope you can hang in there until you can decompress in MN.  Sounds like Syd really enjoys baking.  My DD and I do so as well.

Glad R is better, Claudia.  My friend was talking about them having two older cars, and she is thinking about trading both in to get a new one.  They are both retired, and don't go out that often.  In the meantime, the cars are still working, so they aren't terribly motivated.  Hope you don't end up with another car you don't need, but ......

As you may have read on the other thread, I received and will be returning the IM TSV jacket.  Really sorry it didn't work out since I loved the one from last year.  Oh well -- I certainly didn't need another hoodie.

The lunch was nice -- baked potato bar with salad, and very rich desserts (iced brownies, etc.)  I'm not a big baked potato fan, but it was nice. A musician performed, and they gave us adorable little poinsettias.  They sang happy birthday to me and John, the man who volunteers to clean up every day.  I am one day older than him, which is pretty amazing.  I met a couple of new volunteers who seem nice.

I have started the laundry, and i'll be doing my financial review later.  It is sunny, but a bit chilly here.  I am sure glad we don't have snow and ice or extreme cold temperatures here.  

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda