Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 23

I have only seen pictures of him on Whitney's fb, Linda. He is 9 or 10 years younger. Time will tell I guess. Ex sil has had to take the boys back as early as 4 am some mornings because she won't allow a later time.

We had your weather today, Linda. It was in the 50's. I'm sure that will change though. Lol about the Peter Pan child.

I'm not surprised that Syd is ahead of her peers, Barbara. Sorry your weather is not good. Please don't send it my way!

We went out for fish tonight. I brought a small piece home for Griff.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is rather chilly out..about 8 when I got up.today is cleaning day...as you know, m and syd are rather messy....the house looks mich different when it is just the 2 of us.😖😖

Linda..having adult kids at home is difficult when it comes to rent. M pays a very nominal amount but she cleans, does dishes, buys groceries and takes us out to dinner once in a while. She is learning how expensive things are with her rent payments in LA.

Pepper is refusing to eat her dog food..this morning we took it out of the bowl and spread it on her feeding mat and she finally ate. Yikes

Claudia..imnterrsting about Whitney...i have wondered what happened to her. Hope she is getting help for whatever is going on with her.(((((Hugs)))

i need to get motivated. Enjoy 🥶🥶🥶

Esteemed Contributor

That sounds more than a "little chilly" to me Barbara.  Yikes!  Seems like Pepper is doing a good job training the humans.  LOL.  I never lived at home as an adult (married young), and neither did DD, so I am not used to how it works/goes.  Glad M is in a good place, although I am sure her messiness gets to you.

That is something about Whit, Claudia. As Barbara said, I hope she is getting some help and things work out for her and the boys.  Can't imagine having to get children back that early in the morning.  Hopefully, she will be a bit more reasonable with her ex.

Nothing exciting going on here.  It is cold enough that the heat has been on quite a bit this morning (only 26 degrees when I got up).  At least it is sunny.  I will be doing my regular laundry and weekly financial review today.  I found some wild caught shrimp from Mexico at Sprouts, and I will be having them for dinner.  It has been quite a while since I had shrimp.  

I have started to take down some of my Christmas decorations.  Hope to find some that I can donate, but not much so far.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We're in packing mode here as we got a call the work on the kitchen will start Wednesday morning.

I contacted Griff's groomer about boarding him. I'll take him Wednesday morning when Maggie Mae goes to the vet to be spayed. Both places are in the same town. I will probably bring him home Friday evening for the weekend and if all goes well take him back the following Monday. He's never been boarded without TT or Bo.

Corner cupboard has been emptied and moved to the back room. Still need to pack up the upper cupboards and move the pub style table.

Your cold weather should be here next week, Barbara.

All my talk of taking the high road went in one ear and out the other with Whitney. There is no compromise on her part.

Enjoy your dinner, Linda. I only had a handful of Christmas decorations out since I wasn't sure when the kitchen work would start. Because of that there isn't much to put away.