Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 23

Merry Christmas to all!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas Barbara, Linda, Jean and everyone reading.

Today Griffyn turned 4. He got his marrow bone and I have have some doggy ice cream for him. R took him for a walk this morning but only made it a block before his hip hurt. Griff also wanted to go up on every porch. The son of a gun thinks he owns the block.

We have a coating of snow. R said it was icy on his short walk. We've been dusting and cleaning the dining room and finding places to put things in preparation for the kitchen renovation. Nope, no date yet. I have donations out on the sunporch ready to go. It's a good time to purge and only keep some things.

Soon I'll start fixing corn pudding to go with the half duck from Aldi's.

That was a cute picture of Syd, Barbara.

Linda, I'm glad you enjoyed the party yesterday. What a lot of preparation your neighbor had. 

It's a fairly quiet day here except for R's music and no, it's not Christmas music.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...a storm is coming later today..snow and then rain tomorrow. That will turn to ice as the temps drop. I got food for the next few days..I do not mind snow but ice is scary. My kids will get quite a bit of snow.

we had a very laid back day yesterday..dinner was good and the turkey cooked perfectly.

syd got a drone , which terrifies Pepper so spent the day in syds room...I think it is the noise that bothers her.

my plans today are to pick up. Sydnie is finishing The Lord of the Flies which I willmdiscuss with her. I think she understands what an allegory is.

Linda, I am sure yesterday was difficult for you..hope your good memories  sustained you. One of my dearest friends husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and he is slipping quickly. He is very verbally abusive and she said she may have to place him soon because her daughter and 12 year old grandson live with them and he is affecting the child. 

Claudia..happy bday to Griffin. Pepper will be 3 next month. 

Enjoy your day..I await the weather mess that is coming.🥶🥶🥶

Esteemed Contributor

Belated Happy Birthday to Griffin, Claudia.  Difficult to believe he is four and Pepper is almost three.  Time flies.  Hope neither of you have problems with ice.  I am definitely concerned about ice -- even walking can be a hazard.  Luckily, we have not had that problem here.

Hope you enjoyed your duck yesterday, Claudia.  DH's friend who turns 70 today took us out to a Chinese restaurant a few times and ordered the duck.  DH and I were not big fans, but he was for sure.  Unfortunately, I have not heard from him in three years or so.  He was a big part of DH's life after his first wife died and even before then.  He called three plus years ago, and wanted to come out to Arizona to see DH.  When I said I wasn't sure if DH would recognize him, he never called back, and he has not responded to my e-mails or letters.  Pretty strange.

That is a horrible story about your friend's husband, Barbara.  I was blessed that DH never exhibited those sorts of behaviors.  Hope she can find a good placement for him, and he improves as far as the verbal abuse goes.  I think some of my friend's husbands did improve after medication, placement, etc.  

Yesterday was very hard on me.  Although DH had not been home the past two Christmases, I was able to visit him.  But, I know that I need to get myself together and try to think of the good times.  In truth, he was never big into Christmas like I am/was, but it is the time of the year I am particularly sensitive.

Wow about the drone given to Syd.  I don't blame Pepper for being nervous about it.  My grands and SIL got several "tech" gifts, but not a drone.

The video call with DD turned out to be just a regular phone call, which was a disappointment, but we had a nice talk.  DH's son and DD called as well, which was nice.  His DD has a cold and was doing a lot of coughing.  She was off yesterday, but needs to work tonight, so I hope she is better.  She does wear a mask if necessary, but doesn't care to do so.  

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. We had some pretty heavy rain last night, but now it is partially sunny.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I am back from the gym.  It was pretty crowded, but I managed to use the machines I like to use, only out of my normal "order".  I am so much into routines.  Anyway, I sweat so much after the elliptical machine that my eyes were burning for a while.  I think they are pretty much back to normal now.  

DD said it is pretty quiet there  She and DGD were thinking about going to the stores yesterday afternoon, but DGD was too tired after work.  They are expecting heavy rain tomorrow.  At least it is not snow or ice.

My SIL had never told me where she was going to live, etc., and when I asked she said she had made plans, but did not want to discuss them until they were "firm".  I thought that was a bit rude since I had spent a bunch of time worrying about her.  Sort of like those FB posts that say that the person got bad news or whatever, but don't explain the problem.  But, that is just me.

No plans for today, but I'm sure I'll find things to do.  

Hope all is well with both of you and you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we are having a horrible weather day..a and v3 have a ton of snow..I94 is closed in the northwest part of the state. We are having freezing rain here and as the temps drop, the roads are going to be awful. There have been several multicar pile ups on the freeways.

i did go to knitting earlier..the roads were wet but were getting slipperon the way home.

Linda..I forgot to mention that I change sheets weekly..I love a fresh bed.M not so much. I try to change syds sheets every other week.she has bunk beds when are a pain.

Claudia..wonder if you are going to get this nasty weather.  Hope your day is going well.🥶🥶🥶

Respected Contributor

Yikes on the horrible weather, Barbara. I'm glad you got home before it was too bad. No storm here and the weather wasn't bad today. I forgot to pick up the farm milk so need to do that tomorrow.

I posted yesterday but it seems to have disappeared.

Linda, I know Christmas was very difficult for you. I'm glad you had people to be with Christmas Eve day.

Griff still is not eating well. Even though TT was not very active Griff misses the companionship. Maggie the kitten is a jumper. She hopped into the clawfoot tub today then jumped and latched onto the shower curtain 3/4 of the way up. I was not pleased.

Adam called Christmas Day and I was able to talk to the boys since their dad had them. 

Adam says Whitney is engaged and plans to marry next fall.

R is bowling and I'm trying to decide what to work on next.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..the temps are dropping..it will be zero tonight and cold for the next few days. Yuk..

Absolutely nothing on the agenda today..v and I need to work with Syd on some school stuff. I asked her friend who was here yesterday about what she was studying..same grade, different school and Sydnie is much more advanced in her studies.. I was happy to hear that. 

Claudia...Glad you talked to Adam...were you surprised about Whitney???

Linda..hope your day is going well..Glad you got to talk to your family even if the video did not work.

have a goo one.🥶🥶🥶

Respected Contributor

Good morning..the temps are dropping..it will be zero tonight and cold for the next few days. Yuk..

Absolutely nothing on the agenda today..v and I need to work with Syd on some school stuff. I asked her friend who was here yesterday about what she was studying..same grade, different school and Sydnie is much more advanced in her studies.. I was happy to hear that. 

Claudia...Glad you talked to Adam...were you surprised about Whitney???

Linda..hope your day is going well..Glad you got to talk to your family even if the video did not work.

have a goo one.🥶🥶🥶

Esteemed Contributor

Wow about Whitney, Claudia.  Do you know the person she is planning to marry?  Glad you were able to talk to the boys and the weather isn't too bad there.

Don't envy your weather, Barbara.  It is cool here -- high of 50 degrees and low of 28 or so predicted for tonight.  And, it is breezy.  We had a bunch of rain last night, but now it is sunny.   Glad you are happy with Syd's progress in school.  I know DGD was well ahead of the classmates in regular high school.  

DD has decided to raise the "rent" for Army DGS by $20 (up to $60 a month), and he is not happy.  And, she has told him that when he graduates from college, he will need to pay as much as his older brother ($350 a month.)  When he threatened to look for an apartment rather than pay that much, she wished him luck.  He is really spoiled.  Even with a roommate, I am sure that rent in the area would be high plus food, internet, etc.  Meanwhile, his younger brother is more than willing to pay for his car insurance, etc.  They are very different personalities.  I think it is good for her to hold the line.  She calls Army DGS he "Peter Pan" child.  LOL

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda.