Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 23

Good morning this Christmas week. We are having a quiet day..v will watch the Vikings on tv and Syd wants to make her gingerbread house and wrap her mommy’s gifts. 

I am pretty stiff again again this morning..I am not used to cold weather especially this year.

may your day go well.🎄🎄

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 23

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope you enjoy your quiet day, and your stiffness goes away, Barbara.  Also hope Syd has fun with her wrapping and gingerbread house.  The facility where I go to "strong bones" has a fabulous gingerbread house and yard, etc.  They have a pastry chef who does a great job.

My neighbor finally called this morning, and I will be going to dinner at her house tomorrow afternoon.  Church was fine this morning, and I'm headed to the gym next.

Hope all is well there, Claudia and both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

It was a rather gloomy day but temperatures were around 40°. No rain either. I've been doing odds and ends around the house with R fretting about moving things for the kitchen remodel which I'm sure now won't happen till after the first of the year. I did find some of his Vietnam photos that he had not seen in years.

He spent most of the day working on the door to my small primitive painted cupboard. I keep the canned goods in it. The lower hinge was upside down and he decided to fix it. It took more time than he thought it would. Now he wants to move the cupboard which means relocating the microwave to the dining table. I just moved the china closet so I could plug in a power surge extension cord.China

I hope Sydnie had great success with her gingerbread house. Sorry you are so stiff, Barbara.

Linda, it's nice you have a invit e for dinner tomorrow. The gingerbread houses at the facility must be amazing. Pastry - my weakness. Lol.

Respected Contributor

Good morning this Christmas Eve. I am doing laundry..with all of our bulky clothes, the loads get bigger. We are having hors douvres for dinner..I wanted something easier and different and not time consuming.

Sydnie is telling me that her plan tonight is to sleep on the couch in the family room so she can see Santa. Yes she still believes.

Linda..hope you enjoy your dinner with your friends. Have you ever thought of going to dds for the holidays??

Claudiia enjoy your dinner out. 

V3 said that he if feeling better. He is not going to his fins today..it is an hour drive and he needs to have comfortable furniture to sit, lay on. I told him he was smart.

i hope Santa is good to you. 🎄🎄🎄

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  It is hard to imagine Syd still believes.  My bubble was burst when a neighbor girl told me when I was about seven.  Actually, she told me there was no tooth fairy or Easter Bunny, and I figured things out.  Pretty upsetting, but.....

Glad you figured on an easy dinner and your son is better, Barbara.  Your are correct, it is smart not to drive for an hour each way.  

I have no plans to go to Maryland to visit DD and family.  The flying alone is such a hassle.  In the past, it was very important to me, but then the weather would be bad, someone would be sick, DD would be exhausted, or whatever.  I would just be one more person for her to deal with, and I would rather not be a burden.  We will have a video conference call tomorrow afternoon.  All of the kids and my SIL are busy working today, and she said they will probably sleep in tomorrow.  That is why I picked the afternoon for the call.

"Strong bones" was good, and I am looking forward to the dinner.  

Hope you and R have a nice dinner out, Claudia, and everyone sleeps well.

Merry Christmas!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I helped R move the painted cabinet of canned goods into the back room this morning. Clearing his projects off part of the table is a work in progress

We got a lovely Christmas card from my niece in Colorado Springs along with a photo of her and her horse. Besides her regular job she teaches riding part time. I've done a few errands including picking up another 1/2 gallon of the farm milk. R wanted some snacks so I went to a smaller grocery. Items cost more but I wasn't about to brave Wal-Mart today.

R reglued slate pieces on to a small stand which I will be donating.

I'm glad you have an easy dinner planned, Barbara. I hope Syd's Christmas is filled with joy. I'm glad your son is doing better but decided it was best to stay home.

Holidays and winter are tough times to travel, Linda. You can never depend on the weather. I hope your dinner tonight is a fun time.

We're not doing anything here except for picking up and sorting. Dinner out is New Year's Eve. I picked up some doggie ice cream for Griffyn along with a marrow bone. He turns 4 tomorrow. I have catnip for the cats.

Esteemed Contributor

Oops.  Hope you have a nice dinner in, Claudia.  I bought some ham (it is sliced, but is a good substitute for a whole one since it is just for me.  I'll also have sweet potatoes, not sure what else, but I have some fresh broccoli.  Have a nice evening!

Respected Contributor

Snow is coming down now. Good thing I put the windshield cover on the car. Well have the half a duck tomorrow. Hope the dining table is clear by then.

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas..Sydnie had fun with her gifts..especially the puzzle that I made for her to solve. We had our traditional breakfast of pancakes and sausages. I will put the turkey in in a bit for a 4 pm dinner.

we are expecting a bit os snow tomorrow..could be a lot depending on how the storm tracks..

linda..how was your dinner last night ???

Claudia..hope you are having a nice day.

have  nice Christmas Day.🎄🎄🎄

Esteemed Contributor

Merry Christmas!  Glad Syd enjoyed opening her gifts, Barbara.  Hope you are having a nice day, Claudia.  Fingers crossed the weather doesn't pose any problems for either of you.

We had cloudy weather this morning, but the sunny out now.  Pretty windy, and rain expected tonight and tomorrow morning.  Also supposed to turn cooler.

The dinner was lovely.  I really don't know how my neighbor manages to have such large dinners and still look reasonably energetic.  She is an artist, and the house and tree are decorated beautifully as were the tables -- two long tables with candles, nice china, etc.  She had appetizers, soup, dinner, and fruited cheesecake for 23 people. Plus wine, sodas, other alcoholic beverages, and coffee.  

She is of Slovakian decent, and the food was mostly traditional food for that area -- sauerkraut soup with sausage, pork, mashed potatoes and homemade noodles, etc.  I'm not a big fan of that type of food, but I really appreciate all the work she puts into the dinner.

There were neighbors I have known for quite a while, but many new people, including grands of some people I don't know.  Also, two of my next door neighbor's daughters have moved to the area, and one had her college roommate and her daughter there.  Pretty wild.  After dinner, some of us sang Christmas songs with a karaoke.  The hostess is also a musician.

Anyway, it was a lovely dinner, and I'm glad that she invited me.  I came home and watched "It's a Wonderful Life" as usual.  Today, i went to the gym -- only a few of our "fitness centers" (aka gyms) are open today for limited hours, and it was pretty busy.  I did get to use all of "my" machines.

DD and family should be calling around 1:00 p.m., and I'm looking forward to seeing them (at least as much as I can on the phone).  Hopefully, DH's DD will call later.  She called in the middle of dinner, and I suggested she call today.  Her older daughter was dancing in the Nutcracker again this year.

Other than the phone calls, it should be an extremely quiet day.  

Merry Christmas to both of you and your families!

Hugs,

Linda