Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 20

Good Afternoon!  Glad your cat seems on the road to recovery, Claudia.  Also glad Adam could help you with the treatments.  You have so many pets, it probably takes quite a while to do so.  Hope all is going well there today.

Good to hear that Syd has a new solo teacher, Barbara.  I bet the "dance Mom" will blow a gasket, but....  The cookies sound delicious and very special.  Glad Syd will be helping you make them, and you are feeling good.

I have those sorts of plates and utensils on my Amazon wish/watch list, but I don't think they would really help DH.

It was a busy morning, but I have signed him up for two days a week at day services starting in January, and I also will talk to a different hospice place.  I went to a furniture store that sent a flier, and I bought two bar stools and an office chair -- great deals.  Their warehouse guys will put them together for me (supposed to be cash and carry) for a tip.  They may even be ready for pick-up tomorrow or Saturday.  Wow!  So, that is a gift from me to me.  

DD got a coupon, and took DGD to have her hair cut this morning -- they took off eight inches.  And, because they had to wait, she had her eyebrows waxed for free.  DD said she looks great.  I am looking forward to seeing her on Skype on Christmas.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, your purchases sound very nice. I love my bar stools in az...they are more like a raised dining chair.

it is good to hear that dh will be going twice a week. Yu need that respite, plus the activity is very good for him. I did not think the utensils would help him. His dementia must really be affecting the part of his brain that controls his motor skills. You are such a good person.

i bet dgd looks great...she is a beautiful girl.

yes, I cannot wait until the dance mom finds out...did I ever tell you that this woman has colored her hair black and wears it in a similar style to ms and dresses in leggings and long sweaters like m does.  M just got her hair highlighted so she is waiting to see how long it will take this woman to copy her. Yikes.

we mixed another batch of cookies to bake tomorrow. Sydnie does all the work..I just put them in the oven.

sleep well

Respected Contributor

So happy Syd has a new teacher. Oh the anticipation of dance mom's reaction. No, you did not mention she copies M. She certainly seems to have some serious problems. My sister's former sil would copy her decor much to Eileen's annoyance.

Without Adam's help I would have been hardpressed to remember which cat I'd already treated. The insurance check arrived today for Griff's last vet visit.

Whit called to report sil's credit card was hacked and they're trying to straighten things out.

Linda, what great buys and the bonus is having them put together for a bit extra. I am not good at putting items together. I think DH going twice a week will benefit both of you. I'm sure DGD looks gorgeous.

Another call about R's emg. This time they claimed they could not schedule it as it was more than 30 days. Arghh. He told them he had been calling for weeks. Also found out that our local hospital that they told him he would be scheduled at doesn't do it. The person he ended up talking to after he explained he had called numerous times, listed 3 other places and said due to the holiday to give him 4-5 days to work on it. Meanwhile we sent a release of info form to our congressman. Enough is enough.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Claudia...unbelievable about rs emg.  There are too many stories about how badly vets are treated who have medical issues.

Whit seems to have the same kind of luck m has with things,

i just hot got a call that syds purple bike is in. V will have to make a stealth trip to pick it up. Lol.

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas Eve.  I am pretty well organized..weare going to bake another batch of cookies. I will have sloppy joes for dinner...I need something to make in the crockpot because church is st 4:30.

v went to get the purple bike while Syd and m run to the grocery store for me. 

We we are expecting snow over the weekend..will see how much it will be.

i hope you both have an enjoyable day.,,I will check back later.

Esteemed Contributor

What a terrible hassle R has had with the VA, Claudia.  I think it is shameful that our veterans are treated this way.  From what I have heard, the Tucson VA is better than many, but that is only good for local vets.  Sorry about the hacking of your SIL's credit card -- another issue for poor Whit and family.  Hope they are able to straighten this out soon.

I don't remember you telling us that about the "dance Mom", Barbara.  I'm starting to worry about her being unbalanced at best.  Hope she doesn't do anything to harm M or something. As I mentioned (I think) DH's granddaughters were in a production of the Nutcracker with the Oakland ballet (I think that is the correct name).  And, I know that his DD has been heavily involved in transporting them, being backstage, etc.  I mentioned what has happened with the "dance Mom" to her, and she said that she is not aware of competitive dance schools in her area, but there is a reality TV show called "Dance Mom" -- I am wondering if "your" dance Mom is inspired by the show??   

She will be working the overnight shift tonight, so she and her husband were planning to do "power wrapping" of gifts last night.  

Glad the bike is safely there, and you and Syd are making cookies again.  We have started eating DD's goodies, and they are quite good.  Nothing exotic, but delicious.

DH had a small accident this morning, but it could have been worse.  We will be going to physical therapy in an hour or so, and I'm hoping to make it to the gym and take a walk later.  It is sunny now, but still a bit chilly.  Not looking forward to our very cool/cold temperatures predicted for Saturday (high of 45 degrees?)  But, I at least no tornadoes, etc.

Hope both of you have a nice Christmas Eve!

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

I'm glad Syd's bike arrived in time, Barbara/

Linda I hope you get to the gym and get your walk in. 64 degrees here- simply amazing though in a couple days it should drop by 20 degrees.

In 14 years this is the 2nd bad experience R has had with the VA. well really the 3rd as his claim was the longest pending in the state. They claimed his records were lost but miraculously found them right away when our congressman's off ice called. The other was when he saw their urologist. The doctor didn't even check his file just said see you in 6 months. I objected to their ombudsman who had the PA see him and found his bladder twice the size.

I hoped for a fairly calm day but last evening Griff started digging at his ear and shaking his head. I wiped the ear out and had drops left from TT's woes. He settled down but just to be safe and avoid a trip to the vet er I picked up more of the drops. Since the wether is so nice I drove on to Wegman's.

I hope both of you have a nice Christmas Eve. I received Amazon cards from 2 of my siblings. No real plans. I do have a couple items to wrap and Monday will meet up with my college roommate.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and Merry Christmas!  

Nothing exciting planned here, Claudia.  But, I'll settle for a quiet day and a Skype call with DD and family.  Glad you got the drops for Griff.  Hopefully, the latest VA problem will be resolved soon.  I was thinking of what a change I had when I hired an attorney after my accident.  Seems like a well-placed call/contact can make a world of difference.

I'm sure you are head over heels involved in your celebration today, Barbara.  I hope it is a great one!

DH's physical therapy went okay yesterday, but I'm starting to feel like they can't do too much to help.  First, the therapist had him practice getting up and sitting down several times in a row.  Then, she and DH followed me around (I walk fast around the facility with is an assisted living/nursing sort of place), and he did two sessions of 10 minutes.  Naturally, he doesn't walk all that fast, but.....  I'm starting to recognize some of the residents/staff there.  I'm sure it is an expensive place, but they do treat the residents very well, and they seem to do a whole lot of cleaning.  Then, she had him work on "his" machine, and she told me I could wait in the lobby.  I was a bit surprised, but I think she wanted to give me a break.  She said that she didn't know about utensils, etc., but she would see if the occupational therapist might have some ideas. We have three more sessions, and I don't think I will push for more.

After that session, I went to the gym, which wasn't too crowded.  And, then DH and I went out for lunch (fast food, but fine), and then a visit to Wal-Mart to pick up a bit more food.  It wasn't as crowded at Wal-Mart as the other day, but still pretty packed.  I made a fresh apple cake for dessert, and it was good.  

Nothing else to report from here.  Hope both of you have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas to you too.

Better to have tried the pt, Linda and learn it isn't that helpful. At least you tried it. I hope your day is calm and happy.

Adam was up most of the night so is still sleeping. He probably won't be up and about till late afternoon.

R surprised me with a lovely necklace and is covering my subscription to Scottish Life. I got that magazine years ago but didn't renew due to it being more expensive than others.

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas...Sydnie got all of her packages opened...she is enjoying th

e drawing kit she received. She loves her bike...it will remain in the back bedroom until spring. Her excitement and enthusiasm make the day for us.

the turkey is in the oven...need to get out the good dishes.

Claudia, your gifts sound  lovely. 

Linda..at least you tried the physical therapy. Enjoy your skype time.. The apple cake sounds yummy..my mom used to make one that she served with a rum butter sauce.

i hope you both have a lovely day.