Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of December 1st

Barbara, I'm sorry you are still feeling yucky. At least you got the groceries you need until you head back north. The stores including grocery stores are not for the faint hearted this time of year.

i had a busy day. R had pt and then it was straight to senior bowling. I dropped him off and picked up the farm milk, still for a few groceries, the post office, Griffyn 's dog food, and back to the bowling alley. We have a forecast of some snow and ice so I wanted to get the errands done. Milk is about 5 miles out of town heading east. Dog food is 9 miles in the opposite direction. Not far but winding roads. Definitely not as much as WV though.

R left his folding pocket knife out. When I stopped home with the milk I found Tip had taken it.

I was not a cat person till after college. None of the cats we had when I was growing up had much personality. These current cats definitely do. Merry has apparently forgiven me. When I woke this morning she hopped up to greet me along with brother Fitz and Rusty. This is the first time I've had cats that are related to one another. Mama, Spot, Fitz, Merry, and Pippen. All distinct personalities.

I bet COSTCO was crowded, Linda. I hope you got your walk in. I see the car is covered with light snow.  I ordered the Sow Joe Ice chopper with spring assist. It arrived today so it looks like I may get to try it out.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I had to get my port flushed this morning so did not play bridge. My toes are a sparkly red for the holidays...had my eyebrows done because they do an excellent job.

i am fatigued today and have to rehearse my solo late this afternoon..So I will practice a bit. I am singing a version of Silent Night with some variations and key changes that I need to get ito my brain.

Linda..glad your walking is going wipell, Linda...you are very fortunate to be able to move as well as you do. Hope your lunch is good.indid not realize you were married in Tucson. 

Claudia..you are such a good pet mama. Hope your day is going well.

i have everything ordered for next weekend for the kids, Amazon is wonderful. 

enjoy 🎄🎄🎁🎁

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening.  Glad Merry has forgiven you, Claudia.  I think all of your furbabies are loaded with personality.  LOL  You certainly had a busy day yesterday.  Hope today was okay, and the Snow Joe helped.

Sorry you are fatigued, Barbara.  Hope your solo went well.  I am lucky to be able to move as much as I do.  Fingers crossed that continues.  

The lunch was very nice.  The restaurant/inn is so lovely, and nicely decorated  for Christmas.  The lady who drove me is very nice -- from Vermont and still working part-time in hospital laboratories (and is an inspector for labs).  What she told me is above my head, but she is certainly a smart and good person.  The other ladies were very nice, and had some interesting stories.  One is going on a four month "around the world" cruise/trip.  Not all around the world, but many places.  She is very excited about her trip, which sounds fascinating.  Way too much for me, but.....

I love Amazon as well.  Too much, I am afraid, since I make so many orders.  Several of DD's family members want Amazon gift cards for Christmas, which makes it easy for me.

DH liked to say we were "eloping" to Tucson, but truth is that he wasn't sure how his daughter and others might feel about him re-marrying.  There had been some incidents with is DD before our marriage, and I could understand.  Anyway, she and I are very close now.  He was also a little concerned about his late wife's brother in Germany, but he was very nice right from the start and even sent me a sympathy card when DH died.

Our weather was pretty nice today, and I had a nice walk in the morning.  Decided to skip the gym because it was late and I can't do much anyway.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I stayed in today. I wasn't at all interested in cleaning the snow and ice off the car. The sidewalk didn't need shoveled and I only had to clear the snow and a bit of ice off the steps.

R spent most of the day doing things in the garage. By afternoon I decided to trust Tippy and work in the attic. Wow. So much Christmas stuff from years ago that I'm going to donate. I have donations to drop off tomorrow but more to do. A few things I will keep - a couple Santas that were mother's, some Hallmark ornaments from years ago, a few other things. Fortunately Tippy behaved herself. No cats escaped to the attic I shut Maggie Mae in the spare room since she is curious and moves quickly and I don't move fast these days. Luckily she's also greedy and she ran to check her food dish there.

I Hope your solo went well, Barbara and you're not too tired. It's no fun to have to pace yourself. I'm glad all your presents are ordered. Mine are money and Amazon gift cards which rather takes the fun out of it.

Hopefully the bathroom remodel will be on schedule I called the boarding place where the dogs are groomed and confirmed dates along with explaining it may be subject to change. If that stays on schedule it will be out Christmas present. R mentioned jewelry but I have enough and don't often dress up. If rather he put it towards the house or a future trip or even a weekend getaway.

Your lunch sounds very nice, Linda. I'm glad the restaurant lived up to your recollections. Like Barbara, I hadn't realized you married in Tucson.

Last night I s!per for almost 8 hours straight through. I must have been tired after all the errands. I'm glad I made the extra push to do them yesterday when the weather was ok.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..

.it is nice..about 70. Minneapolis is predicted to have a wind chill of -40 on Wednesday...we will be chilly . 

I went to the bank to get money for our trip. V very nicely cleaned the floors for me. I am trying to finish hats but am having hand cramps...ouchy. I have a pair of fingerless compression gloves that help.

m said Syd got asked out by a boy, whom she turned down. He only met 1 of her 3 qualifications..tall. He did not have the hair style she likes and wasn't smart.welaughed...m doesn't want her dating until he is 16 and as picky as she is.....

my solo rehearsal went well last night..my voice was more relaxed and back to normal.

Linda..that was interesting about your dil...

I wonder if she was worried about finances..she surely turned around. Your luncheon sounded very nice.

Clauudia..your fur babies must have a lot of fun at your house. I have not been sleeping well. Quite unusual for me. I am going to bring a few more of my decorations here next year.

Have a great day. 🇦🇷💕💕

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Sorry about your hands, Barbara.  The contrast in weather sounds difficult to me.  I'm not surprised about Syd.  My DGD is also very picky -- most guys simply don't measure up.  I think girls are more selective these days than when DD was a teen.  She was a wild child for sure -- evidenced by her first husband.  Glad your solo practice went well.

I don't know for sure about DH's DD, but I think she was more upset about her Mom being replaced than money.  But, I did make it clear that money (or at least taking DH's money) was not at all part of the relationship.  I think some previous women DH dated were quite interested in being supported by him.  I am glad he had enough money that it wasn't the other way around.  One of my friends had a husband who just wanted to stay home and drink while she went out to work.  

It sort of upsets me that my ex has not done anything for DD and family (no gifts for years, etc.), and I am sure that his wife will inherit anything he has when he passes.  But, there is nothing i can do about it other than keep up my efforts.

Really hope your bathroom remodel is on-time, and you are happy with it, Claudia.  Sounds like yesterday was a good day to stay in.  You accomplished quite a bit.

As you may read on the other thread, I had my hair cut and styled today, and I was busy with lots of other errands.  Wish I could get more accomplished, but I am trying to be kind to myself.

Hope both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I seldom sleep through the night, Barbara. Nearly 8 hours of sleep was amazing for me. I'm glad the compression gloves help. What a difference in weather. Safe travels and keep warm.

Linda, I would be upset too that your ex does nothing for DR and family. As you say there's nothing you can do about it. He's missing out on a lot. I'm glad you're taking it slow and not trying to do too much.

We did a lot of errands after R's acupuncture appointment including taking the Christmas items to GoodWill. R hopes to hunt tomorrow for part of the day.

Tippy is a talker. She scolds Griff and talks to R and complains when she thinks life is unfair. all kinds of ton R's in her voice.

Respected Contributor

Happy birthday dear Linda.💕💕💖💖🎶🎶🎶🎂🎂

Respected Contributor

A Happy Birthday, Linda. I hope you have a great day.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  So far, it has been a very nice birthday.  They had the volunteer appreciation holiday party for the senior lunch program, etc. today, and it was quite nice.  They even put a candle on one of the desserts and sang happy birthday to me and then to John (another volunteer) whose birthday is tomorrow.  We were born in the same year.  Very different sort of people, but....  He is from Washington (State) and I always considered myself a Washingtonian since I lived most of my life in the DC suburbs and was born in DC.

Anyway, a couple of ladies at the table were telling horror stories about their financial struggles.  Yikes!

I had a few minutes to stop home and then go to my hospice visit.  It was very nice.  Then, I went to Starbucks to get my free coffee.

DD and family have called, and I have opened most of the cards.  Some just came this afternoon, but I will open them soon.  Many of the doctors/dentists/banks, etc. sent birthday e-mails.  

The only negative was a notification that my e-mail may have been compromised again, so I had to change my password yet again.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda