Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of December 1st

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope your kids made it home okay, Barbara.  Will M and Syd be returning to MN soon?  Hope you are feeling better today.

Wonder if you got up into the attic again today, Claudia.  While I might like the extra space, I remember my attic visits could be treacherous, especially when I had to use a ladder to get up there in my first house.  One time, I fell down the ladder.  Fortunately, I was not hurt, but I was frightened.  I ended up having pull-down stairs installed.

It was good to take a bath today, but difficult to get the Ace bandages, etc. back.  I go tomorrow for my follow-up visit, and I hope after that I won't need to wear my sort of Spanx when I go to bed.  Yikes.  I made it to church, but skipped the gym since there is so little I could do there. 

The doctor said I could take short walks, so I walked around the block.  My leg didn't hurt, but I really didn't feel like walking much more.  This may be the cure to my over exercising issue.  I decided to skip strong bones tomorrow.  I hope to be able to go next week.

I heard from my friend Jo Ann who was in CO visiting family (two sisters and others), and she has decided to move to a facility in her home town.  She likes it better than the one here -- smaller and no big "up front" lease payment.  She thinks she has a buyer for her house here, so I guess she could move as soon as February.  I'll be sad to see her go, but I think this is a good idea.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of December 1st

Linda, it sounds like a good plan for your friend. I know when she does move you'll miss her. I'm glad you got your walk in but didn't overdo it.  I hope tomorrow's checkup goes well and you won't need your sort of Spanx.

Our attic is a walk up attic. No drop down steps. My parents had that at their 2nd house but I never liked them. Here it's open the door and 12 steps up with a railing. Not bad at 30 something but at near 70 taking things up and down is a bit of a chore.

I was up to the attic briefly but didn't get all I hoped done. I woke to I've on the steps outside and had to sprinkle the Ice melt. At least we didn't get snow or more ice. I got a number of chores done.

Then I caught Miss Tipperary in action. As I walked into the living room I saw her leap onto the couch. She grabbed a corner of the slip cover throw in her teeth (the part that goes over the arm of the couch. She then started dancing madly and pulling the cover back tossing it in the air while Griff watched. At my shout she froze in horror at being caught then lept off the couch and laid down. Dare I hope she's learned her lesson?

It's basically the dogs couch. We bought a fairly inexpensive but sturdy one to replace an old reclining loveseat. I was afraid one of TT's legs would slide down in it and get stuck.  Griff is now up on it and sleeping. No wild dances there.I

Hope your family made it home ok, Barbara.

R had no luck hunting. He says he fell once climbing over a lot but got himself up. Those boots of his are heavy. He may be back tomorrow or it may be Tuesday before pt.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..yesterday slipped away from me so I wanted to post before we get busy.tge weather is a little nicer so I want to get Syd outdoors.,we saw frozen 2 yesterday, which we both enjoyed.

my up north kids both got home. M ands Syd have   A 6:30 flight out tomorrow.  Yikes.

Linda..glad your recovery is going well..v had to wear surgical compression Sox for a couple of weeks. I know you will miss Joann but it sounds as if she needs to make that move. 

I have my minimal Xmas decorations out.

Claudia..growing up we had walk up attics. But there is no attic here and our one in Mn is a ladder access from the garage. We are going to have Syd check that out next Spring. I laughed about Tipperary. 

enjoy your day.🎶🎶

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck with Tipperary learning not to attack the sofa cover, Claudia.  Your description was pretty funny, but I know it probably wasn't as funny to you at the time.  Glad you got the ice melt out, and R was able to get up after the fall.  Hope he gets home safe and sound today or tomorrow morning.

Nice that you and Syd enjoyed the movie, Barbara.  I heard something about it making box office records.  But, I will probably never see the movie unless I have some great grandchildren who are interested.  None in the picture at this point.  Glad your other two made it home safely, and hope M and Syd don't have any travel issues.

I'm back from the doctor, and very happy.  I will need to stay off the elliptical, etc. for nearly two weeks, but I don't have to wear the Spanx pants to bed, and no need for the Ace bandages in bed.  Need to wear the compression stocking for a couple of weeks, but night wearing is optional.  The doctor showed me how I could wear two stockings on one leg during the day instead of wearing the Ace bandages plus one stocking.  In fact, I could stop with the Ace bandages all together if I like. 

The doctor is extremely knowledgeable about what to do in terms of stockings, etc.  He wears compression knee hi socks despite having the surgery several years ago -- claims it makes his legs feel better.  I will consider wearing them when I wear long pants, but not when I get to capri weather.  

As you may have read on the other thread, I ordered another FitBit since the screen on mine is badly cracked, and the new version with insurance if the screen cracks is less expensive than the original.  Cyber Monday special.  Looks like I found a good Christmas gift for me.  LOL  It isn't coming for a couple of weeks.

DD said it is cold and rainy there, but no snow.  She goes to the gym very early in the morning (before dawn), so she is exposed to the cold if it is cold.

DH's DD called yesterday evening, and we had a nice talk.  Things are still not going great at the hospital or with her daughter who is an exchange student in Spain.  It is quite possible that her daughter will come home and go to her local school starting next year.  It was nice talking to her, and hearing what is going on with them.  

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

That's great news about your post surgery visit, Linda. No more Spanx pants at night! Your FitBit purchase was a good buy.I haven't purchased anything yet besides a few groceries.

I got a few things done this morning. R showed up about noon so I was able to get to the postoffice, bank, and grocery. I have a few decorations out (well out of Tippy's line of sight).

Tomorrow I corral Miss Merry and take her to the vet. Fingers crossed.

I hope M, Sydnie, and Pepper have a good flight tomorrow, Barbara. I'm glad your other 2 children made it home.

We're getting a little bit of snow here but it shouldn't amount to much.

Tip is currently sleeping upside down on the couch. Earlier she took one of R's socks and danced madly around the living room tossing her trophy in the air and catching it.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I think I am flaring again..my dr called some meds.🤬🤬 So I am resting today.

m and syd got to their ver early flight and made it home. One of the electrical circuits tripped so the house was cold . With vs helped m figured out what to do...

I should have checked the heat earlier during the weekend. 

it is a little cool here..rain reduced for tomorrow. 

Hope your day s going well. ⛈⛈

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope you were able to capture Miss Merry and get her to the vets, Claudia.  That Tip is something else.  Glad R made it home, and you were able to take care of some errands yesterday.

Sorry to hear about your flare, Barbara.  Hope the medications help.  Glad M and Syd made it home okay.  Good that you found out how to get the heat on in the house.  Not good to be achy and cold.

The senior lunch program went fine, and I went to the gym for a little while.  Only did the upper body exercises since the doctor told me not to do my "regular" elliptical, etc.

It is grey here, and we may have rain tomorrow.  Not too cold outside, but the house is chilly.  I will probably turn the heat up a little.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm happy to read M, Syd, and Pepper got home and were able to get the heat on. Sorry you are flaring. I hope the medication helps.

Success! Finally I  was able to get Merry in her carrier and off to the vet we went. I carefully closed the bathroom door which doesn't latch tight then stretched an expandable wooden child's gate across. That was held in place by cat litter containers. Lol. Then I shut the spare room door.  I tried to get several cats out from under the bed but had to try my last resort - starting the vacuum cleaner. Like most cats they dislike the noise. Cats ran out to the hall but not Merry. Darn it. Closed that door and headed to the spare room where I found her under the dresser in another of her favorite places. I swear she has the power of invisability. So her shots are updated including her rabies shot and she's happy to be home but not pleased with me. Bad news is I need to finish vacuuming. She weighs in at 13 pounds compared to brother Pippen who is 22.

Linda, I'm glad the lunch program went well and you were able to get to the gym for a bit.

It's been a cloudy day but no snow. I parted Tippy from one of R's socks. I read on the brewer's fb group that a couple of her siblings ended up having to have surgery after "eating" a sock. One I read swallowed a pacifier and needed surgery. Yikes. I watch her like  hawk and like Griffyn have insurance on her just in case.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am resting after doing a bit of shopping to get enough food for the rest of the time we are here. 

m got the house warm and with vs giodance figured out which wall outlet was tripping the circuit breaker. He will fix it when we get home...our next door neighbor is a master electrician and has helped us in the past.

Linda..glad you are able to walk a little more. You are doing a good job of following Drs orders. 

Claudia..glad you caught merry.v3 has a cat who is very difficult to find. I am not a cat person, so he locks her in the laundry room when we visit..lol.There is a beautiful great pyr down here..I saw him at the dog park whe pepper was visiting.

i still feel yucky ..hope this stops soon. Maybe my rheumatologist will push my infusion up. 

enjoy your day..our rain has not materialized yet.

😘🐸🐸

Esteemed Contributor

Good news about Merry, Claudia.  You certainly go all out for your furbabies.  Hope you and R are doing okay today.

Sorry you are still not feeling well, Barbara.  I will be interested if your doctor pushes up your infusion.  We had some rain (really sprinkles) this morning, but the sun is out and it is warmer today.  I bravely went to COSTCO today -- I say bravely since it is a fair distance away, and there are all sorts of road hazards and traffic.  Anyway, all went okay, and I hope that will be my last visit for the year or at least until after Christmas.  It was very crowded, and the check-out lines were hopping.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I will take my walk after I post since I decided to skip the outdoor walk this morning due to the rain.  

Hugs,

Linda