Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 11

Better stay inside, Barbara. That's very cold. Enjoy the family. Linda, I bet that was a rough trip for DD. We had a Ford Aerostar van when the kids were young. That didn't do well in high wind. No problems though with the Chevy Equinoxes we had over the years or our current Pontiac.
Respected Contributor

Brrr...it will be -25 here tonight. I am not going any where. I do hope m decides to stay home.

the girls are so much fun...they call me crazy Grammy and I try to keep it going. We just finished singing Christmas carols. Vyrn and family should be here by 11. It will be a mousy fun day.

Thank goodness I am feeling good...poor v is having back pain, I think from the cold.

may you both have a great day.

Respected Contributor

Cute FB photos, Barbara. The girls are gorgeous.

Ice coated the vehicles this morning. I made it out to the post office and picked up a few groceries after shoveling.

I'm glad you're feeling well and can be part of the craziness. Hope V feels better.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Enjoying your FB pictures, Barbara.  Lovely "grands" you have.  Of course, I miss Syd, but....  Sorry about V's back, but it is good that you can have fun with the kids.  They have been talking on the news about the very cold weather and storms in MN and now in PA, Maryland, etc. plus New England.  Good time to be in Arizona.

Glad you were able to get out, Claudia  Also happy to hear Gryff is a bit better.  You have your hands full with those dogs.

We had high winds yesterday afternoon/evening, and my little Christmas tree on the front porch blew off the table.  So, I spent time putting it back and re-decorating it.  The winds are not bad today, but it is cooler (only in the 50's).  And, we had rain last night and threatening clouds this morning.  I decided to take a chance, and fortunately no rain on my walk.  

Not getting much done today, but I am doing the laundry and visited DH at lunchtime.  The poor caregiver was alone with all of them, and I offered to help.  She did okay, but I was happy when others showed up to help.  DH was in a good mood, and he liked the cake I made.  

I picked up a few groceries and some paper plates, cups, etc. for when his DD and family visit.  I'll use them when we have lunch at his facility.  His DD is suffering from a cough/cold, but seems to be okay.  Unfortunately, her car is not in good shape, and she may need to replace it.  She bought it used, and it is a 2000 model, but she likes having used cars.  The same was true of her Dad.  I think the car I'm driving was one of the first he bought new.  

Guess I should try to go over my bills before I go back to visit DH.  Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm glad you could salvage the tree and ornaments. Is there a way to anchor it down in case of more wind?

Wen I was little our tree (indoors) was tied to the stairway railing. I must have been 4 at the time. I sat on the stairs and unknown to my parents worked on that knot until I untied it.  I was as surprised as anyone else when the tree crashed down. Being so young I didn't realize dad had just had hernia surgery. What a brat I was.

I am surprised on the occasional lack of staff at DH's facility. I would think that by law there should be a ratio of staff to patient.

These cold nights I wake to find cats plastered against my legs and at times can hardly move.