Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of August 9

Linda, that's a very nice photo on FB of you with your nephew's family. You must be home by now.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks.  I thought that was a nice picture.  The baby is certainly a cutie.

You certainly have your hands full with doggy destruction, Claudia.  Lucky you can cope.  Glad Adam finally got his medicine.  

Sounds like you are very organized for your trip, Barbara.

We are back, and I'm pretty tired.  This morning, we left the hotel at 4:00 a.m. (which is 1:00 a.m. Arizona time) and we only made it home at 1:00 p.m., so there is no wonder I'm so tired.  Both planes were packed, but the people were pretty nice.  We had TSA pre check or something like that, which helped.  And, I did well in finding the elevators, etc.  The bathroom issue wasn't as easy on the way back.

Everything went as well as could be expected.  But, it is very difficult to travel with DH.  He is pretty confused -- keeps asking about the other people who live here, etc.  It seems like he did well with his son, which is encouraging.  His son is so quiet, I may never find out how he felt, etc.  Maybe his son will tell his daughter, and she will tell me.  

My eyeglasses are in, so I plan to pick them up tomorrow.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

What a long return trip, Linda. I can only imagine how difficult it is with DH. At least you're home and can take some time to rest hopefully.

I have laundry started. Griff is offering to help me at the computer after coming in from the rain.

Oh brother is he helping- NOT. Before I knew it he whisked the pet cover  (recent tsv) off the loveseat and was racing through the house heading for the back door. Then he grabbed R or Adam's poncho liner. Meanwhile I discovered he sneakily wet behind the loveseat. I cleaned that up, headed for the kitchen, and found him with my Kindle. Is it any wonder Idon't get a lot done?

Respected Contributor

Claudia..I think griff gets into more mischief than tt did. It appears that tt is much calmer these days. I still think you should write a book about the dogs.

linda, hope you are recovering today. I can only imagine how hard it is to travel with dh. I admire you for doing it. Hope his son talks to your dil so you can find out how he did.

today is not a good day pain wise but v said he would help with things. I know what I am going to bring...I am going to do some packing today...swimsuits and pjs ...things that can be folded for a couple of days. I have a list that will help.

syd has been having trouble sleeping lately...she wakes her mommy up and then m cannot get back to sleep. So yesterday we moved her 5 foot teddy bear into bed with her so she would have  something to cuddle with. It worked well.  Always something with kids.

i will check back later.

Esteemed Contributor

Boy, that Griff is something, Claudia.  It does sound like he might be a bit more mischievous than TT, if that is possible.  Good luck in getting things done.

Sorry you are in some pain today, Barbara, but I'm glad V is helping out.  Good idea on the teddy bear for Syd.  I'm sure M appreciates her sleeping rather than waking her up at night.

We had our walk this morning and had breakfast, but I'm moving slow for sure.  There are so many things to do and plan, but I need to concentrate on doing one thing at a time and checking it off.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Somehow a stick of butter disappeared from where R left it on the counter.  I think TT may be the culprit as nothing else was disturbed.

Sorry you're not doing well today, Barbara. Good idea about Sydnie.

One thing at a time, Linda and take it easy.

Still no word on Adam's pt.

Respected Contributor

Linda..take it easy today.,I have learned to do very little the first day home...not even unpack suitcases. You also have a time change to deal with.

claudia.hope tt enjoyed the stick of butter. Yikes.

i am slowly getting things organized. 

Respected Contributor

I am attempting to pack...not a good day to do that. I was being a little random and decided that was not going well so I brought my list back and will,go in order. I am waiting for v to tell me what he wants in the big suitcase.

it is working well to have syd sleep with her big teddy bear. She even slept through a thunderstorm last night. She has her ballet camp oerformance later. Did intel you there were 2 dancers from the Joffrey ballet who worked with them?

it is rather hot and humid so the ac is percolating.

i am going to knit for a while.

more later.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope Adam heard something, Claudia.  Also hope your dogs are behaving for a change.  

Sorry you are hurting today, Barbara.  That is exciting about the ballet.  Wow!  DD signed DGD for dance class this fall.  I had already paid for a couple of classes (non-credit) at the community college -- one is Homer and the other is Shakespeare.

We did go to the gym and store yesterday, but I got zero work done on my financial stuff or ironing.  Hoping to do that this afternoon.  We had a nice walk this morning, and then I had my strong bones workout.  I was the leader -- some new ladies participated.  I bought a new cactus on the way home since one of mine had dried out and died.  Just planting it and doing a little weeding was plenty for me.

They made my new glasses with the wrong frame (larger than ordered), but they gave them to me, and I'll exchange them in a couple of weeks.

DD said the garage door is finally done -- she needed to buy an adapter for the remote, but it was a quick fix after they had the adapter.  She takes my SIL for his talk therapy and first light treatment this afternoon.  Hopefully, that will help.

DH is pretty confused, but I guess he will get back in the groove in a while.  I did talk to his DD last night, and she told me not to worry about paying for care (adult day care or having someone come in) since neither she or her brother really need the inheritance.  That is a relief -- I thought that is what she would say, but I needed reassurance.  

Guess I better get to work now.  Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, sounds like you are settling back in. I would think dh said confusion is not unexpected. I hope that does not last vey Lon.

we use our inheritance to pay for my moms care. It enabled dr to have much more quality at the end...a beautiful assisted living, private room etc. It is good your dil is so understanding.

i am pretty well organized...have some last minute things that I will,do after dinner.