Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of August 9

Sorry the plane was so warm, Barbara.  It is natural that you are jet-lagged.  It would be good to have a new thread.

I'm not sure the coach gave DGS any pointers on dealing with crazy people, but maybe so.  I tend to walk away myself, but that can be difficult sometimes.

I made a reservation for the adult day care introductory lunch program on September 9th.  Hopefully, DH will be okay with going there.  I have an afternoon appointment for my mammogram and bone scan next Monday afternoon, and I talked to him about accompanying me or not.  He said it would be better to come with me than stay home alone.  He also said something about taking a book.  I mentioned that he doesn't read any more, but he said that he does.  He asked what book I was reading yesterday ("To Kill a Mockingbird") and he seemed interested.  Not sure that he will even try to read, but I'll be sure he has his glasses and a book when we go on Monday.

Should be a quiet day here -- our walk was fine, and we will go to the gym later.  I don't like going too early because the gym can be very crowded (the earlier the worse).  I understand that people are standing in line when they open at 5:30 a.m.

Hope R is doing okay with his muzzleloading, Claudia.  Also hope the dogs are behaving themselves, at least a little bit.

Hope both of you have a good day, and you can shake the jet lag, Barbara.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of August 9

It seems I don't have a chance to post till later in the day. Today was filled with errands. I took Griff to the groomer then stopped at Wegmans in NY state, Then it was on to PetSmart for new leashes and bottles for kittens as a couple may need supplemental feedings. Next was Lowe's for a gift certificate for R's friend who helped with the back door. I stopped at the cu as R needed $50 for a wood stove he plans to use in the garage. Back to retrieve Griff who looks quite handsome. Then it was time to take R the money and gift certificate. He is having a lot of pain. I had to remind him to take Motrin along with his prescription.

DH may be content sitting there with a book not necessarily reading, Linda. I hope he accepts going to the daycare every so often. I have to admit I've never read To Kill A Mockingbird. Maybe it's time.

I heard my sister stayed in the hospital an extra day. She should be home tonight.

Sorry about the jet lag, Barbara. It seems a necessary evil when travelling. R is talking about a week long cruise possibly in April.