Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of August 21

Great pictures on FB, Barbara. I bet Sydnie had loads of fun. I know Dylan and Bryan would have enjoyed it. It's too bad walking is becoming difficult. A scooter might be the answer for some of time. You could save your energy for the things you really want to do.

Linda, the desk sounds like a great find especially since the delivery fee was reasonable.  Delivery in an antique truck was a bonus. I'm glad DH continues to do well.

Whitney's hernia surgery went well and she's home. Since sil works nights and Adam will be leaving in the wee hours for reserve (fingers crossed) a friend is staying overnight.

Adam sprayed the charger cords to discourage his little princess Athena from chewing. Sil was trying g to repair one and foolishly held one end of the cord in his mouth while reaching for the other end and tools. I hear it was very very bitter.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad Whit's surgery went well, Claudia.  Hope that Adam can control his little princess.  Furbabies can be real characters, can't they?  Also hope you and R are feeling okay today, and you got some rest last night.  I slept better last night than I had in a long time -- actually did not want to get out of bed when the alarm went off at 5:30, so I "slept in" a few more minutes.

Found another throw for DH at COSTCO along with some other household things, supplements, and a little food.  It was very crowded, but I made it in and out without too much hassle.  I visited DH in the afternoon, and he was napping.  But, he did get up and talk to his DD on the  phone (I call her from my cell so they can talk), and we walked around several times.

The painter double-booked his jobs, so he will not be here on Monday as planned.  He is supposed to start on Thursday, and maybe work on Saturday as well.  He wanted to wait until the Tuesday after Labor Day, but I sort of discouraged that idea since I have already moved a lot of delicate things, and that week will be pretty busy for me.  

I plan to visit DH soon, and I will also start on the laundry, etc.  It was pretty nice on my walk this morning (not too hot).  

Hope you are having a good time on your trip, Barbara and are not in too much pain.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

How wonderful to feel you had a good night's sleep, Linda. Much to my dismay I woke between 4 and 5. When the dogs went out R brought TT and Bo in but left Mr. Trouble aka Griff out. I have told him over and over that when it's early and people are sleeping don't give him a choice just bring him in. That son of a gun would bark then stop long enough I'd think R had brought him in . Then he'd start up again.

R is at the muzzleloader range as there's a shoot tomorrow. I stopped at the old Murphy's building in town which house crafts and furniture. Too pricey for me and no dressers.

Too bad about the painter double booking but at least you persuaded him to start next week. I'm sure DH's daughter appreciates your calls.

I'm not getting much done. I keep falling asleep in the chair.

Barbara, I hope you are enjoying your trip. I'm sure Sydnie is.