Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of August 14

The garage sale is kind of not going.  We have sold next to nothing.. Hope tomorrow goes better. Whatever happens none of this stuff is coming back into the house...lo.   I already have donation sites in mind. 

Sydnies little dance thing thing was good yesterday...she showed some stuff I did not know she could do. She has never done hip hop and was not bad at it.

Linda.. You have done such an outstanding job with dh... And you will continue do so because you will still be with hm. I never took our kids to college...I would have cried. The only one I did cry for was amie..that lasted for 2 hours what color is your house.

claudia..I have some westin pillows here that I love.. Good for you for going bac to bed.i am never able to do that.

enjoy your evening.

Respected Contributor

Too bad the garage sale isn't going. Have you considered lowering prices, Barbara? That is what I did with my things at mother's. Of course I had discovered a certain sister thought they were priced too low so she had gone around marking things up. My main goal like yours was to not take any of it home.

Nice colors, Linda. You probably don't want the main color too dark. It's good DH was able to talk to his son. The lamp sounds like another great find.

I very seldom go back to bed but decided today was a good opportunity.  It's amazing the difference a pillow can make. It's quite humid here. I'm very happy to be indoors with ac.

I really think the timing was right to have DH be a permanent resident. I think if he'd returned home after your trip he would have been very confused. As it is, you're close by and have no worries about getting him up or him falling and having no help. Hopefully tonight you'll sleep better.

Respected Contributor

Usualy around us...Yard Sales are not too busy on a Friday...Saturday and Sunday they are out in full force.

Respected Contributor

Well, I must say that the garage sale is a bust. We are going to have a ton of donations...people are looking for tools and baby clothes, of which, we have zero.,there will be a lot of donation runs next week. V said it is scary hor much stuff we really have..lol.

i am feeling yukky this morning..so took some Tylenol and have been in the family room. I did accomplish grocery shopping. I still have 2 cabinets to put things back in, but will do that tomorrow.

Pepper is acting like nothing happened to her...she has a cone to wear, but has been good about not licking herself. She has internal, stitches.

Linda...that was a nice message coupon queen wrote for you. I hope your day and dh are going well.

Claudia..yowza about griff and tt getting into it again..is it a who is the alpha dog thing ??? 

I love over my new floor..what a difference it makes..

enjoy ot your day.

Respected Contributor

Claudia..prices are low..very little over 5 except for the furniture.

Respected Contributor

I think the alpha bit is part of it along with TT claiming R as his person and Griff resource guarding. I've told R many times to not put things on the grill leaving the paper plate within reach.

What a shame about the garage sale. People seem to want something for nothing.I forgot about 4 years ago a new family on the block organized a neighborhood sale. What a waste of time sitting there for hours.  I even marked things down to a $1. Any more I just donate. I do have several antiques I am considering putting in an auction.

It was after midnight before R got home. He said it rained heavily in the morning and then again last night. It is still very humid and more rain expected. Right now all the dogs are napping. Griff likes to go in his crate and woe beside any other dog who considers it.

I hope the Tylenol helped, Barbara. Pepper is such a good little girl.

Linda, I hope you slept better last night.

It's official. I'm a dingbat. A childhood friend said there was no hop,e for us as our mothers called themselves the dingbat back in the 70's. I had returned from the farmers market and a stop at Wal-Mart, pulled in the driveway, and tapped the trunk release. I happened to see the gas tank was on empty. I drove a few blocks and pulled into the gas station only to have a man walking past ask me if I knew my trunk was open. Arghhh.

Coupon Queen, that was a very nice message.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry about your garage sale bust, Barbara. No more yard sales for sure.  I wish I could have been there to see some of the furniture.  So far, I have only found that one lovely bedside table.  Since the facility is right across the street from the thrift store, I think I'll plan on going there many days after I visit DH (if they are open, and I have time).  Hope the Tylenol helped, and glad to hear that Pepper is doing so well.  

I have my dingbat moments as well, Claudia.  Just part of life.  Sounds like R had a very long day.

Not much sleep again last night, and I'm thinking about taking a nap rather than trying to go to the pool

DH seems to be doing pretty well, but I am getting feedback from the caregivers about how difficult/tiring it can be to get his socks and shoes on, etc.  Tell me about it.  LOL At least I feel better -- not like such a wimp.

I visited him twice today, and both times he was awake and alert.  That is a great improvement from my first few visits.

The landscaper managed to get everything done today, which is good.  He gave me his card, and I plan to call him for trimming in the future.  He assured me it would be less expensive since the bushes would not be so overgrown.  His price was good in any case.  He had his brother helping, so it is a real family enterprise since his son is the painter.  Nice men.

Guess I should get back to the laundry again.  

Thanks to both of you, Coupon Queen, and all the ladies who have been so kind.  I know that I made the right decision, but I sure can use some reinforcement.  

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda