Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of April17

Having the end stage medicine delivered must have been a bit disconcerting, Linda. Glad the caregivers meeting was good.

I know I felt rather grouchy after receiving a mailing saying I qualified for a funeral benefit program.

The dogs woke me at 5 AM. I let 2 out and back in then tried to get more sleep. It started raining overnight. Tonight we will try again to go to the new restaurant outside of town. It's next to an auction house so R may want to check out the Friday night auction.

I hope the waterproof mattress works out.

Barbara, I hope Sydnie's dance goes well and you are feeling better.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...Pepper had a vet visit for shots,,tick stuff etc. she is 5 pounds, 10 ounces.. She did very well.

we are off to dance in a couple of hours...m had cortisone injections in her knees so she is glad Syd only has once dance today.

Linda...that was weird about the wrong delivery of meds...I know I asked before but does dh have long term care insurance???  I hope your mattress pad is not crinkly...mine are not at all

Claudia..we have our funeral,s all prepaid. Figured it will save the kids a hassle. Enjoy your dinner.  Have a good day.

Respected Contributor

We prepaid mother's to bring her resources within limits for Medicaid. Dad's wasn't prepaid but as they chose cremation there were no large expenses. They'd already purchased columbarium spaces at the church. When Whitney lived in Maine she got mail in my name suggesting I apply for assisted living. Smh. R being 100%service connected disabled will have most if not all his expense covered. Now since I need to sign up for Medicare this year I'm being drowned in mailings offering coverage and the phone calls are starting. This in spite of my health insurance coverage which will continue through the state with a Medicare ppo. Thank heavens I'm not easily confused. If I accepted another plan I'd lose my coverage through the state.

It sounds like Pepper is able to have treatment for ticks. Yay.

Mother had long term care but she really didn't get out of it what she paid in.

Respected Contributor

We did make it out to the new restaurant and had their fish fry. The fish was very good and just the right size. Too often there is a huge piece of fish. We looked in at the auction next door but didn't stay. The seats were filled and they were auctioning things such as, paper towels and boxes of snacks along with Amish cheese and bread. I much prefer estate sales. Once they start I can find what interests me and decide if I want to pay the price. Much nicer imo than waiting to bid on an item.

It rained all afternoon and the dogs were reluctant to go outside.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..m gets very stressed so I am getting Syd ready for dance. Her company did ok yesterday because the teacher, who was not even there did not reblock the line for 2 missing students. Yikes.

her solo is tomorrow...hope she beats you know who...

Claudia...we have long term care insurance...got it many years ago when the price was reasonable. Pepper did not get up until 730 this morning.

Linda..hope your day goes well.

enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope things go well for Syd, particularly her solo, Barbara.  I have LTC insurance, but DH does not.  He does have money in his brokerage account which should go a long way in paying his expenses, at least for a few years.  I am trying not to use the money before I need to do so.  But, both of his kids (who will inherit his estate) have told me to use whatever I need for his care.  Fingers crossed, this won't be a big issue, but ......  

We joined a consumer organization that helps with funeral expenses.  Since both of us plan to be cremated, the expense is not all that much in any case, but they have agreements with local places that make it even less than normal.  Also, Arizona seems to be much less expensive than Maryland.  

Glad you enjoyed the fish last night, Claudia.  Good that the pieces were not too big.  I was inspired to buy some fish for dinner last night (cod), and it was quite good.  Of course, I fried it, which is not all that healthy, but once in a while is okay.  I don't think I'd be excited by an auction featuring things like paper towels.  LOL

Army DGS has Reserves this weekend, and he will be taking the PT test again.  Really hope he passes.  DD is getting upset about oldest DGS not paying for things like his car insurance.  I suggested she wait until he graduates and then let him know that he will need to make enough money to cover that (eventually get his own policy) as well as gasoline, etc.  I think the only thing he pays for now is his telephone and maybe some of his clothing and food.  Hopefully, things will improve after he graduates and DD and my SIL have a talk with him.

I made it to the gym yesterday, and to the car repair place.  Unfortunately, they found something else needs to be done for the alignment.  The part had to be ordered, and I need to go back today to have the work done.  I guess I'll take DH with me -- wish me luck with that.  I have an appointment to see the new facility next Wednesday -- it does sound very nice.  

DH slept pretty well last night, and I did as well.  I think it should be warm/hot and windy here today.  In addition to the car, I have my usual laundry and financial review plus walk.

Hope both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda..I know having adult children living at home is difficult.. M has been here for 10'years and she contributes to groceries, buys supplies for me and pays for all of her personal things,like insurance, car etc. of course she has a very good paying job.,we do not charge her any rent because she takes care of the house while we are in az.

you are right not being able to ask for too much until he graduates. 

Glad ad dh had a good night last night.

it will be 70 today...cooler next week.

Respected Contributor

Linda. I hope DGS's Pt goes well this time. Isn't third time the charm? I've heard many are having trouble passing it since it was changed. 

Fingers crossed for the solo though I'm sure Sydnie will do very well. What a shame about yesterday.

It's cool out today but the rain has stopped. I managed to empty one bin and found more clothes to donate. The robins rebuilt their nest on the back porch and have e been chasing off some opportunist sparrows. Griff wants to chase all the birds off.

We are e still paying Adam's bills til he starts working. His VA appointment is this next week.