Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of April17

good morning..lie survived the sleepover. They are a sweet group of girls...the only thin bad that happened was that the broke the top bunk in Sydnies room. All 8 got on it and it can only hold 250 pounds. Yikes. I am glad no one got hurt. V said he will get a thick piece of board cut when he gets home to fix it. 

M ended up ordering 3 extra large pizzas...they do like to eat..lol. She and Syd are off to a baseball game for part of the afternoon...Sydnie has a lesson with an older dancer to work on facial expressions later this afternoon. Did I tell you that me missed platinum by very little.

Pepper is completely worn out from all of the excitement so she is sleeping. She had no accidents which I thought was wonderful considering all of the excitement.

I am still not feeling super...maybe this week I will.

Claudia, R seems to be having a rough time...could part of it be cutting back on his pain med???

Linda...good idea not to do all,of those big pills with dh. I only take a multivitamin and calcium.

i am watching the film version of the musical Camelot.  Do not know how long I will stay with it.

Hope your day is going well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of April17

Glad you survived the slumber party, Barbara.  That is a shame about the bed, but hopefully V can fix it when he comes home.  Good for Peppe!  Sorry you aren't feeling better.  Sounds like a good idea for Syd to work with the older dancer.

Hope R is feeling better today, Claudia and your dogs are behaving themselves.  Also hope you are doing okay.  I know caring for others can take a toll on you.

So far so good with DH today -- hope that continues.  I decided to get rid of his cell phone since he can no longer use it.  His friends have had him on their plan for many years, so I told them to take him off.  I did purchase an emergency cell phone (back-up), but put it in my name.  

Unfortunately, DGD was so nervous about the prom she did not smile at all.  So, the pictures my SIL took are nice, but not the best to feature her.  And, she and DGS were not in the same picture.  Very disappointing.

I'm back from church and will head to the gym with DH in a little while.  Nothing much planned for this afternoon but ironing and maybe a short walk.  It is a beautiful sunny day -- highs expected to be in the 70's.  Our neighbor/builder dropped off the shower door and grab bar for DH yesterday afternoon, and he will install them on Tuesday.  

Hope both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad the girls had fun and no one was hurt when the top bunk came crashing down. Yikes. I'm glad Sydnie has someone to help her with facial exp. She seems to have a lot of talent.

R hasn't had a good weekend. He seems pretty out of it and falls asleep so easily. I'm not sure if the change in meds caused this or not. He was taking a low dose of hydrocodone. He also hasn't eaten today which for a diabetic is just plain stupid.

I managed to get out behind the garage thanks to the new fencing and gate. Each spring there is a pick up of branches. A couple years ago R cut off some branches from the trees between the two fences (neighbor's pick fence and the old chain link boundary fence) and left the branches behind the garage. I hauled what I could out front.

Our temperatures are in the 70's too, Linda. That's a good idea to get rid of the one cell phone, Linda. Too bad about the prom pictures. I know you're disappointed.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..I went to the grocery store to pick up food for the week...I try to make things that Sydnie likes.  

My my infusion still has not kicked in as much as I like...but I will survive. Sydnie has a big competition Friday to Sunday so I would like to feel good.

it has Ben nice and warm here...80 over the weekend and upper 70s today. I am not complaining.

i am going to get syds spring clothes ready. She got some cute stuff for her birthday party.

pepper is so funny..she tries to get up on furniture by standing up but she is much too short to get anywhere. She lives to run around the area out here..she can make a circle .

Claudia...hope r gets better for you. If v gets up after  8 he will not eat breakfast which is very stupid.  

Linda..sounds like a good day with dh yesterday...that is too bad about dgd not smiling for her pics...can you post on FB???? Temps where v is will be in the 90s in the next few days.

i will be back

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry your infusion isn't helping as much as you would like, Barbara.  Glad you got your grocery shopping done.  That is a pretty weird rule that V has about not eating breakfast if he gets up later.  Sometimes men are difficult to understand.  I was thinking last night of how I would handle being fed like I feed DH.  Not sure that I would like it, but there are no alternatives.  I don't think I'll be posting the pictures on FB -- first DD has a thing about not doing so, and they are her pictures.  But, also because of the lack of smiles.  I'll see what she says when I talk to her later.  Pepper sounds very cute.  I have never had a puppy -- must be quite an adventure.

I hope R has a better week than weekend, Claudia.  Also hope you are doing okay and the dogs are behaving.  

I'm not sure how warm it is supposed to be here today -- maybe the low 80's or high 70's.  But, later in the week it may be in the low 90's. Fine with me.  

Nothing exciting planned for today, but I have several chores I need to accomplish.  For one thing, we are totally out of DH's beloved ice cream.  And, I need to mail the estimated taxes.  Our caregiver may have jury duty on Wednesday -- she will call late Tuesday to let us know.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Early this morning we got a call canceling the VA dental appointment as the dentist was ill. It's been in the 70's today. I have the carpet installation scheduled for next Wednesday. We submitted proof of R's veteran status after emailing Verizon and getting instructions online. I wanted to print the confirmation number but the page timed out in seconds. Hopefully it goes through.

Barbara, I wonder if the pneumonia and delay in getting the infusion caused the infusion to be less effective this time around. I hope you feel better in time for Sydnie's competition.

Pepper must be so cute.

I picked the travel documents up this morning at AAA. Now to choose the excursions.

Fingers crossed the caregiver doesn't have jury duty Wednesday.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Hope you are feeling better, Barbara, and I hope R is as well, Claudia.  It is exciting thinking about your trip -- one step closer.  How long will you be on the trip?

Our neighbor/builder has already replaced the mailbox -- glad to get rid of the rusty old one.  And, he painted the pole so that looks much better as well.  Now he is working on the shower door.  I think all should be finished by the time I get back from the senior lunch program.  Good news.

The hospice nurse called, and our doctor no longer wants to see DH since he is a hospice patient.  Not a big deal, but I'll need to cancel his appointment for a physical.  I also asked her to see if she can get another doctor to sign a letter saying that he is not capable of handling his affairs -- this is a State requirement for POA's.  

DD said that the kids had a pretty good time at the prom and pre and post activities, thank goodness.  But, DGD didn't get home until 1:30 or so, and DD was still tired from lack of sleep.  She started again on the couch to 5K class at the gym.  She could have moved on to the 10K class, but she couldn't fit it into her "chauffeur" schedule.  I asked her to take a picture of DGD smiling, and she said that she would try.  

I have the senior lunch program and gym planned for today.  Nothing else of note.

Hope both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning..cool and rainy so I closed up the house and have the heat on. I am going to get sox on in a bit.

When I sorted through syds clothes, I discovered that her pjs were pathetic. So I ran to kohls and got her some...m will pay me..she does not have time to go shopping. Syd had grown..I would guess she is about 5 .1.   

Pepper er managed to get up under the sun room in the one little area that has an opening and dragged out a much dead squirrel. So I had to figure ours a way to close it off, which I did. She had several,pee accidents too. But m was not paying attention to her. Today she has been good..I put her out at least evety two hours.,I think she does well for not even being 12 weeks old.

claudiA, I think being as sick. As I was and the delay probably are contributing to it.  Share what tours you choose...that will be a fun trip. Glad you got the Verizon discount. Hope r is feeling better.

Linda, hope the caregiver does not have protracted jury duty. Enjoy the az warmth...read that you now have a yoga DVDs...I used to do that almost every day.

i will be back.

Respected Contributor

Last night I got to bed later than planned. Shortly after I went upstairs a loud ruckus broke out downstairs. R's folded up walker which hadn't made it to the attic yet fell on TT. Griff bounded out of his crate and tackled TT. R tried to get out of his lift chair but of course those move slowly. After every one settled down I finally got to bed.

6 AM this morning they started up again. This time TT was the instigator. He didn't want to let Griff out.

We have another sunny day though it is cooler than yesterday. I mowed out front including the neighbor's small front section. The son is living there but has trouble getting around. I have never mowed in April until now.

Barbara, Pepper is doing very well considering her age and size.

I got a burst of energy and took mother's end table off the sun porch and up to GoodWill. No one in the family wanted it and it had sat there for several years. I think my aunt and grandfather bought it when they had a one story house built in the late 50's.

I know I want to see Churchill's war room. R wants tickets for the London Eye. I want a day excursion to Stonehenge and Bath. I am hoping they still have the day excursion to Oxford, Bampton, and Highclere Castle. We would like to get back to the Olde Cheshire Cheese (rebuilt in 1667). We happened upon it on a slow night and were able to have dinner.

Linda, I would think the doctor with hospice could fill the form out. 

I've seen the flooding in Texas. Just terrible.

Respected Contributor

I managed to sign up for 2 excursions on the website. It was so slow it took me a long time. Stonehenge/Bath is one. The other is Paris. It seems the Oxford and Highclere Castle isn't currently offered. I am thinking I can sign up for things like Churchill's War Room, the London Eye, and a few other options once we're there.