Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS Week of April 28

We are in Grand Junction...

it was a beautiful,ride through northwestern and Utah....gorgeous rock formations.

i have a headache from the altitude and a sore behind, 

long ride tomorrow...🤩🤩

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you got the mowing done, Claudia   Also glad you made it so far and saw some beautiful scenery, Barbara.  

My trip was great, and I learned quite a bit about olive oil.  Ended up buying some.  I tasted quite a lot of olive oil and had a big lunch, so I'm feeling pretty full as well as tired.

Hope all three of us sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I had my monthly Caregivers lunch today, and then went to the Caregivers meeting.  Sure a lot of sad stories -- getting old isn't easy.  No coffee after the meeting, so I went to the gym.  I'm back and a bit tired, but better than yesterday evening.

That was a nice picture of you on FB. Barbara.  Hope you are doing okay this evening.  Also hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.

The AC company postponed my appointment for tomorrow -- too many emergencies plus a technician is out sick.  Now they are supposed to come next Wednesday.  The termite inspector should still be coming, and I plan to go to the grocery store later.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Sorry your ac appointment was postponed, Linda. We just had to turn ours on. I had hoped to wait a few weeks. Aging sure isn't easy. Golden years? I think we weren't told the truth.

R was able to sleep for 4 hours last night.

Tomorrow we need to schedule an appointment with an attorney R knows. Meanwhile I called the dealership and scheduled the car for inspection. Our in town place won't be able to do inspections until June at least when they're in the new building. The dealership may be able to get a replacement cover for the review mirror on the passenger side. Duct tape won't work forever.

I have one last nightly chore - cleaning  up after the cats. My not so exciting life.

Barbara, I hope today was another good travel day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope you were able to get the appointments, Claudia.  At least R got four hours of sleep -- I guess that is more than he had been getting.  

Imagine you are home now Barbara.  Hope your trip went well, and you aren't too terribly sore.

As you may have read on the other thread, the termite inspector found some evidence in our small storage area.  He will be able to fix the problem even if I'm not at home.  Very nice man, and certainly reasonably priced.  After he left, I made it to the grocery stores, library (pick up a DVD I had on order, and the ATM. 

I ran into my Turkish neighbor who was with a young Turkish man (visitor).  He looked somewhat familiar -- I think he may have stayed in their rental house with his wife last summer.  Unfortunately, her husband (just turned 90) fell and is in bad shape.  Nurses are visiting, he is getting PT, etc., but he is running her ragged.  She has threatened him with gong to a nursing home if he doesn't do more for himself.  Sometimes that is enough of a threat to get some action, but I sure would not want to be on the receiving end of such an ultimatum.

Nice and warm/hot and sunny here.  

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We went to dinner at the reopened Greek restaurant. We had to wait in line for a bit. Saw a former work partner (later a supervisor) and his wife. I hadn't seen Randy for ages and it was a pleasant surprise.

The VA clinic called about R's lab results. B12 levels are extremely low so he's to take a supplement.

Linda, I'm glad the termite problem was found and won't be a costly fix. What a shame about your neighbor and her husband. Sometimes if nothing else works you have to raise a nursing home as a distinct possibility. Back when mother was in the hospital and then a nursing home (after my middle sister and family visited and exhausted her to the point of collapse) she wouldn't try to do anything for herself. Youngest sister and I knew she couldn't go home and needed assisted living. We tried everything to motivate her. Finally I had to tell her if she didn't start going to meals and building up her strength shed have to stay in the nursing homehome. That did it. The next day one of the staff said she didn't know what I said to her but she was going to breakfast and lunch instead of having meals brought to her and was cooperating with pt. She ended up being able to be in assisted living for nearly 5 years.

Barbara, I hope you're home by now and able to test after that long trip.

Respected Contributor

Not home..but we are at v3s. I need to rest for a couple of days. Vanessa has her dance recital tomorrow and amies family will be here for the day..so I get to see all of the missing grands 🥰🥰

i am am very tired..but overall a good trip.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad you are able to spend time with your grands, Barbara.  Hope the dance recital is fun.

How nice to run into your old supervisor and his wife at the restaurant, Claudia.  Interesting story about your Mom and assisted living.  At one point, DH's neurologist suggested vitamin B injections, but it didn't seem to help much, so we discontinued them after two sets of four injections.  I did give him vitamin B supplements after that.  Hopefully, the B-12 will help R.

Hot and sunny here -- nice weather.  I've started the laundry and gathered information for my weekly financial review later in the day. This afternoon I have a hospice visit.  Nothing else of note.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad you're enjoying a visit with the Grands and have time to rest after your long trip north.

I hope your hospice visit went well, Linda. I have laundry to put away after I haul it up 2 flights of stairs. I brought another bin down from the attic so I can sort through summer clothes.

Earlier I went to Lowe's with R. He wanted a replacement for his upstairs work room. Once there he reconsidered trying to get it in the vehicle and then once home up the stairs. Instead he decided to pay to have it installed. Imo it's worth it.

Tip has been up to lots of mischief. R is not good at thinking ahead and putting things out of reach. Once she has something she is delighted. She dances about tossing the item in the air. I'm usually the poor fool trying to retrieve it.

I have a lot of pick up and organizing to do before measuring is done for the door. I had been concentrating on the down stairs.