Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of April 24

Linda  this place sounds very nice. It's great that it is walking distance from home.

Griff is spooked by ice cubes rattling in a glass.

Respected Contributor

Linda, that place you toured sounds wonderful....I am so glad you found something you like. I think a bit of respite care could refresh you. I find the aspercreme works well for me.

my mom was in a lovely place...she got excellent care.

Claudia...pepper found a butterscotch hard candy that I had to retrieve from her mouth..lol

Enjoy your day

Respected Contributor

Good morning..the sun is finally shining and it will get up to 60 today. Yippee. V said he wants all the cold weather and rain gone by the time he gets home on the 10 th.

i did a bit of grocery shopping ..Sydnie is going to make dinner for us tomorrow night. It should be interesting..lol.

i have some new knitting projects to work...my poncho was knit correctly so it did not have to be taken apart. I am going to knit a poncho/ shrug out of a beautiful cotton yarn for Arizona. It is pretty pricey yarn but will be pretty if I do it well.

i am ready to get some flowers but it is too cold to even think of that yet.

i hope your day is going well. I will check back later

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening.  DD said it was very cool there -- she even put the heat on last night.  It isn't super warm here (70's), but at least it isn't so windy.   We are having lots of clouds, but I don't think rain is predicted.

Glad you didn't need to re-do the poncho, Barbara.  Hope it gets warmer before V comes there.  He'll really feel it if it is too cool.

DH had a bad night -- up several times, and had an accident this morning.  Not a good start to the day.  But, he is in day services, and I have gotten quite a bit done.  The social worker is supposed to come this afternoon.  

Hope all is well with you Claudia, and the new carpet is nice.  

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's cool here too and drizzling. The heat has come on several times. It's a darn good thing I mowed the other day. I managed to mow the neighbor's section between the sidewalk and road plus the narrow space between the houses. That's the most I can manage. Last Sumer the neighbor on the other side mowed the back area. The son is staying in the neighbor's house but isn't able to mow.

Slowly I am organizing the back room and keeping the dogs out. I need to put items back in the barrister bookcase. Maybe that will be one area that stays organized.

It's too bad DH was up so much last night and then had an accident. It makes your day more difficult, Linda.

I had lots of errands today and R was napping in the back room so I didn't get much accomplished in the house. Plus TT was fiercely guarding the back room door.

I'm glad you didn't have to take the poncho apart,Barbara. Pepper is getting more adventurous. Good thing she's a small dog.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...it remains cool here..I am ready for some warmth.  V leaves Tuesday...he will have to check the weather because I saw snow predicted for Colorado, which is the way he goes.

i forgot to put soap in the dishwasher so had to run it again this morning. I ran a fever last night but fell fine this morning. Sometimes ra does that .

Linda..hope your night with dh was better last night...I do not think I could do what you do. You have many challenges that you handle with such grace.

Claudia...I am glad that we have our lawn service. Yes, Pepper has to be watched all of the time. We will have her groomed in a couple of weeks. Right now she is a big fluff ball.. I will have to post some new pics.

i will be back.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I saw the picture of Syd and Pepper on FB -- very cute.  I heard that about bad weather in Colorado, etc., Barbara.  Very changeable weather this time of the year.  Hope V doesn't have any problems driving home.   Also hope you continue to feel okay today.

Hope you are getting things organized without too much stress Claudia.  Also hope R is okay and the dogs are behaving.

DH slept pretty well last night, but I had trouble getting to sleep.  My mind was racing after the social worker told me that she likes the place I have selected for DH's respite.  And, his DD seems quite supportive of a two week stay there.  I am seriously considering a Road Scholar trip, perhaps to Oregon while he is at the facility.  And, that was another thing that kept my mind going.  

Despite sleeping pretty well, DH had an accident this morning -- not terrible, but still plenty of work to clean up, etc.  

It is sunny and nice here so far, but I understand the strong winds are returning.   We have several birds building nests here (roof of the carport, etc.)  This results in lots of sticks falling down, etc.  Not a good idea for them since in previous years the nests fall or eggs fall out, but they keep returning every year.

I'm busy trying to find things to donate so the house won't be cluttered.  Wish me luck.  Also doing the regular laundry and financial review plus walk and exercise.

Have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I did not realize there was a thing of deodorants rant in the pic....that is Sydnies...yikes!

i think respite care will give you a much needed break...what is a Road Scholar??? I love Oregon.

sorry you had another mess to clean up. (((Hugs))))

Esteemed Contributor

Road Scholar is the newer name for Elderhostel.

Respected Contributor

I agree also that a trip will give you a much needed positive break, Linda. No wonder you had trouble sleeping. I seem to able to put myself to sleep when trying to decide what to pack- lol.

I'll have to check for the picture on FB, Barbara. Glad you're feeling better and the fever is gone.

We bought an air bed for R to use in the back room for the nights he's too tired to go upstairs. Many times though he sleeps in a recliner. Monday we need to go to the funeral for his half sister's husband. She is nearly 10 years older and we see her maybe once a year as she is busy with her large family.

I have to dash out to CVS for R's prescription. I meant to pick it up at 1 and forgot of course. Remembered after I changed to pjs and robe. Since it's a drive through pick up I may just throw a coat on.