Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of April 24

Good Morning!  Hope dance is going well for Syd, and you are feeling okay, Barbara.  It is great that M has a good job, and she also seems to be doing much better in other ways the past few years.  My SIL is still doing pretty well.  They ordered a machine like the one they used in his therapy sessions, and I know he is happy to have it.  

I am not surprised you are still helping Adam, Claudia.  I'm still helping DD, and she is a lot older.  Hope Adam enjoys living in OK, and it is a good fit for him.  

The car should be okay now.   Going to the garage three times in one week is ridiculous.  

DH had a pretty bad night -- he was up every two hours or so, and as a consequence, I was up a whole lot.  Hope the lack of sleep doesn't get to me today.  My plan is to go to church and then to the gym.  

It is supposed to be cooler this week -- some days our highs are only supposed to be in the 70's.  Hope your weather is okay.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of April 24

What a shame you were up so much during the night, Linda. Going to the garage with the car three times in a week is a lot. I'm glad your sil is still doing well and it's good he has a machine like the one in his therapy.

R has a shoot today and found when he got there that he'd forgotten his muzzleloader loader box of equipment so I had to take it to him. On the way home I dropped some donations off.

Yesterday I got an email that we were refunded for the Paris day trip.  I'm trying to find why it was cancelled before I decide whether to sign up for the only other time offered- the day before we fly home.

Barbara, I hope your day is ok. Waiting to hear about Sydnie's dance.

I'm moving some of the smaller items out of the back room in anticipation of Wednesday's carpet installation. Tuesday R has a VA trip and Monday bowling against the other top team.

Btw I found a cane I really like. It has a Palm grip I had to order on line. I ordered a right hand folding one for travel.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

We are back from the competition. I was so proud of Sydnie...she got her facial expressions going very well and won 2nd...beating out her nemesis. Sydnie is the kind of learner who has to have the entire thing learned before she will show it. And today her face finally clicked.

my infusion kicked in also so I am feeling much better...

No more competitions until nationals in Virginia beach at the end of June.

Linda, sorry dh was up so much last night. Hope you can get a nap in. I am lucky that we only support m by providing a roof over her head. amie and V 3 are very independent, but they also have good incomes.

Claudia..glad you found a cane you like....wonder why your Paris trip was cancelled??

Pepper did very well considering she was in her kennel,a lot.

Hope you sleep well.

Respected Contributor

Good morning....it is a rainy one...will be that way most of the week.  It will really green up things.

v  will be home 2 weeks from today. I m ready to have him here.

Syd was asleep shortly after 8 last night.. She was one tired kid.

i will check back later.

Esteemed Contributor

Green is good, Barbara, but a week of rain is a bit too much for me.  Glad Syd did so well with the competition.  No doubt it made her tired.  I'm sure it will be nice to have V home with you.  

I had my lab work for my physical this morning.  They said I could have black coffee, and I did.  I wasn't sure I could handle black coffee, but it tasted okay.  I did come home afterwards and had my regular "latte" -- just regular coffee with steamed milk.  I was surprised there was no urine test, but that is fine with me.  And, I think I was the first patient or at most second since I was in and out very quickly.  Came home to find the caregiver had just arrived.  She had problems with the first patient -- he tried to punch her, etc.  Not exactly cooperative.

DH slept better last night, but he had trouble laying down in the bed.  I had to work with him for a while -- strange.  He did get up a few times, including at 2:30 a.m.  I got out of bed (pretty tired at the time), and he said "darling, you didn't need to get up with me."  That was so sweet of him.  Of course, I really did need to get up with him.  I talked to his DD last night, and I think they will be going back to Germany this summer.  

I need a few groceries and to take a walk, etc.  Nothing else exciting.  I did start on cleaning yesterday, and maybe that will continue today.  It looks like our bookclub will be held a week early, and I will not be able to attend since I'll be having my annual physical.  I'm not happy about that, but.... 

Hope R is doing okay today, Claudia, and the dogs are behaving themselves.

And, I hope both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Yay for Sydnie. I'm sure she was happy. I'm glad you're feeling much better, Barbara.  

I did get a response back on the Paris cancellation. Supposedly that day sold out. You would think if it sold out I wouldn't have been able to pay. I paid for the one remaining opening- the day before we fly home. We'll see if that works out.

I'm glad last night was better, Linda. Poor DH having trouble lying down. It's good to get that lab work over and done with. R has his next week.

He is very tired and a bit out of it today after yesterday's shoot. How he will bowl tonight in their playoff I don't know. He keeps forgetting about keeping the dogs out of the back room. TT and Griff found a fan pull in it's packaging and started squabbling over it. I managed to shove Griff out the back door with Bo then moved TT to a different room.

Respected Contributor

Just got back from driving Syd to dance...no rest for the weary 

Linda...the motor issues seem to be part of Alzheimer's...my sil is now confined to bed or a chair. She canot move on her home. What a horrible disease. I am glad dh is so sweet natured...that is the way she is. Do you have to have hoa approval to paint your house????

Claudia, sorry R is having such a difficult time. I know things are not easy for you either. Those doggies of yours...We are on constant watch with Pepper ..she will now come to me when ever I call her. Not so much for m and Syd. 

She he nipped Sydnie the other day and i told her that Pepper considers her another puppy. The dog would never do that to me or m. Syd will figure it out sooner or later. Lol

SLEEP well

Esteemed Contributor

They changed the bookclub back to the regular day so that I could attend.  I think it is probably because no one else wanted to take notes and file a report.  LOL  

I'm sure there is a " break in" time for puppies.  Hope Syd and Pepper continue to bond.

The HOA must approve  house painting, even if you are using the same color.  That sounds strange to me.  I gave them a heads up that I am thinking about it, and I'll need to give them paint samples.  I think they are pretty easy going with color choices, and I'm sure mine won't be anything dramatic.

Hope bowling went okay for R, Claudia.  

Army DGS didn't pass the test yet!  He was only 30 seconds slower than they wanted, and he did much better than the other times.  So, he will need to re-take the test.  Next month, he will be going to NJ for weapons training.  I don't think they are eager to get rid of him despite his test failures.  

Respected Contributor

Good morning...it is another cool cloudy day. I really miss the az sunshine at times like this. I have a dental checkup in a little while  and my cleaning lady is coming today. Yippee.

nithing exciting today...all of the sitting over the weekend caught up with my back today. So I am moving gingerly. Arghhh. Something hurts daily.

Linda, sorry dgs didn't pas his pt test. I am sure he will eventually. Hope your day is going well.

Claudia, same to you. Hope the Paris trip works out.

i will be back later.