Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of April 12

I hope Griffyn is okay, Claudia.  Also hope, you, R, and your other furbabies are okay.

Good news about M getting the needed supplies, Barbara.  It isn't as warm here -- upper 70's at the moment.  I don't think we will make it to 80 as predicted, but maybe.  It got very cloudy on my walk and was fairly windy as well.  That was okay for walking.  I walked by "my" swimming pool and felt sad.  I really hope that they can reopen the pools and gym this summer.  

Sorry people were not taking things seriously at Target.  That seems to be more of a problem at the 99 cent store than Safeway or Sprouts.  But, there are people who don't think the virus will be any issue for them.

Rainbow sherbet is certainly better for you than potato chips, oh well....  

Hospice said that they may have some things you can do at home, so I called up to volunteer.  They will call me back next week or so.  Cleaning and house stuff can't take the place of volunteering to help others in my book.

Hope your order pick-up goes well tomorrow, Barbara and both of your have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Griffyn seems better today thank heavens.. I'm still keeping a close eye on him. We have snow. It's been heavy at times. I'd guess about 3" of snow .

R said his muzzleloader group is having a work bee the 25th.  He decided not to participate. I was worried I'd have to argue him out of going. Since he has lab work the day prior and a tele health consult in place of his yearly physical on May 1st he decided against it.

M was really at the right place at the right time, Barbara. I haven't had rainbow sherbet for a long time. It sounds good.

Linda I hope the pools and gyms can be opened again for the summer. I know you miss using them.

This afternoon I went upstairs to move some clothes, opened the spare room closet and there sat Rusty. Apparently he'd been there since morning. Needless to say he was very glad to be rescued and headed for a litter box. He had pulled some clothes down so I ended up washing them. I think I'll need to keep the door ajar and make sure it doesn't close tight. Old house so it's not the type of closet that has sliding doors. The door latches and it's a small space.

It's time to put the wash in the dryer and I need to refill R's weekly pill box.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...I just picked up and put away my grocery order...I got everything except strawberry jam...most certainly not a necessity. So much easier than going around a store. 

I always get a chuckle out of all the cleaning routines, people are doing. I keep a clean organized house here..except for vs mess in the den, but I certainly do not make it the focus of my life. I think that is why I have always enjoyed a cleaning lady. 

Linda, that is sad that your dgds will not go through graduation. What are they getting their degrees in ?it is another gorgeous day, but the heat is on for next week. Sorry to hear about another friends Dh dying. I will,say a prayer for her. Hope you have/had a nice walk here. Some people in our community wear their masks on walks and golf cart rides. That I do not understand.

i am thinking my knee is more than a flare...and time is not on my side. I have a great knee dr in Mn.

Claudia..glad gryff seems to be ok. It was smart of r to skip his event. Poor rusty...one time when Pepper was a puppy, Syd took her downstairs and forgot to bring her back up. When we realized she was missing, she was at the bottom of the stairs yipping softly.

try to enjoy the day for what it is.🐸🐸

Esteemed Contributor

Glad Griffyn seems better, Claudia.  Also glad R decided not to go to the event.  Yikes about Rusty.  Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay today.

It is pretty windy here, but fairly warm and mostly sunny.  I plan to go for my walk soon.  This morning, I have been cleaning and getting laundry started, etc.  Also did one of my Leslie Sansone DVD;s.  

I think the house is pretty neat, but I certainly don't focus on cleaning like some others, including DD.  No special "spring cleaning" routines, etc.  My standards are no doubt lower than others, but I am okay with it.   I always make my bed, do laundry, put away dishes and clothes, etc., so I don't think it looks bad.   I have never hired a housekeeper, but it would probably be a good idea for deeper cleaning..

Glad you were able to get your groceries, Barbara.  I was wondering how you shopped at Target -- did you need your walker?  Sorry about your knee -- hope you can get some relief.

DH's grandson is just graduating from high school.  His problem is figuring out where to go to college since he has not visited campuses of some of the colleges that have accepted him.  And, I think things are not "set in stone" at most campuses at this time.  DGD is majoring in accounting.  I don't think anything will change when she graduates, but I wish there could be more of a celebration.  She is doing well at work (just got a promotion and a bonus), and I don't think she is planning to change jobs or anything.

When concern first surfaced, I saw several neighbors walking with masks (this was before the "homemade" versions were popular.)  But, I have not seen any lately.   Yesterday, a couple of men got too close to me on the sidewalk (at least by my perception).  I tried to move away from them, but there wasn't much space.

My SIL sent me an e-mail saying that her "boyfriend" just broke up with her.  I didn't realize that they had been together since last August.  She was shocked since he had given no indication that was on his mind, and now she is thinking she may never find a partner again.  Hopefully, she will, but who knows.

I believe (not at all sure) that the husband of the couple who rents the house across the street is very ill.  I have seen people visiting -- putting on protective robes, facemasks, etc.  Also, people have been dropping off food, etc.  I don't know their name(s), but I talked to the wife one time.  She is quite nice.  Very difficult time for illness -- virus-related or not.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, that's great that you got almost everything you ordered. It's such a shame your knee is giving you so much trouble especially with your doctor being in MN.

It's a difficult time for those graduating from high school and deciding on a college. I hope all goes well for your DH 's grandson, Linda. Congratulations to your DVD not only on her graduation it also on her promotion and bonus.

I can say I make the bed and put the clothes away but R is a clutterer and piles things on flat surfaces. Sometimes I just give up. I told him the other day I was giving up on the kitchen. The extra counter space is gone. First the bread machine he bought, then the rice cooker, and extra pressure cooker. Now the bean pot will be arriving. I thought a toaster, Keurig, electric tea kettle, and vintage blender were all we really needed on the counters. He is definitely not a minimalist. Of course neither am I but I try.

The Salvation Army sent a plea out to the Sheriff's Office for help with food collection so starting Monday they will be manning a drop off point. So many more people are needing assistance with food.

R had some sad news. A former deputy he worked with passed away unexpectedly. She was also the first with a k-9 partner.

I am still checking Griffyn. Earlier he and Tip were playing out back. Now he's being very talkative.

Last night I read that R's reunion near DC will more than likely be cancelled. The ptb will decide May 15th. They are also talking about next year's being on the west coast instead of doing the DC one next year. 

I did order the tsv in the bloom black. I loved the pattern. The red would have been my second choice.