Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS, WEEK OF JULY 19

I had lunch with my sister and got the low down on my brother. He set up a will and living will plus medical poa. Which is good. However he willed everything to his new super awesome (his description)  roommate who is 16 years younger and if she predeceases him to her daughter. We really think he should have waited a bit to see if this new relationship is permanent but that's his decision.

I have banana cream pie set aside for later from the Plaza. We're leaving soon for R's half-sister's family picnic.

I think my sister has a very good chance of a complete cure. My other sister and I both commented that she is very dramatic.

It's very warm out and it looks like the rain will hold off.

Very cute purple dog. I bet Sydnie loves it.

Respected Contributor

Linda, that is great that dh complimented you. That is a very pretty top..I love mine.

thanks for the kudos on the puppy..I turned out really cute but was not easy to make..small needles with 2 strands of difficult yarn. But her smile makes it worthwhile.

claudia...people do strange things when they think they are in love. Hope your brother has not made a mistake.  Enjoy the picnic.

have a good day.

Respected Contributor

Linda, what a boost to your day that DH noticed what you were wearing and complemented you.

I do hope things work out with my brother's current relationship. He deserves some good fortune. He mentioned she pays for her share of their travels which is a plus.

It was very hot at the picnic (92). All of his half sister's 6 children, grand children, and great grandchildren were there. Lots of people. We don't know any of them well but family is family. R's other half sister was there too. They weren't raised together for the most part. R's oldest half sister lived with them for a few years.

Barbara, I looked at the puppy and thought it was probably very difficult. So worth it though for Sydnie's smile.